What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Buffaloes vs SF Dons Game thread

CU has talent with NO size....winning basketball games like that isn't easy because everyone in Division I ball has some talent but size makes a HUGE difference...just ask Duke who hasn't won a title without big guys that do the dirty work inside.

Boyle is trying to impliment a system defensively that is a lot different that what they ran last year and usually takes one season to get in fully.

You haven't given the guy one fair shake since the season started...so what if he wasn't the guy you wanted hired...he is the coach and will do the job...look at what he has done recruiting wise...TALENT with SIZE equals SUCCESS

The only thing you haven't said yet is fire Bohn for hiring him....so you might want to get that out of the way too

this

CU has talent with NO size....winning basketball games like that isn't easy because everyone in Division I ball has some talent but size makes a HUGE difference...just ask Duke who hasn't won a title without big guys that do the dirty work inside.

Boyle is trying to impliment a system defensively that is a lot different that what they ran last year and usually takes one season to get in fully.

You haven't given the guy one fair shake since the season started...so what if he wasn't the guy you wanted hired...he is the coach and will do the job...look at what he has done recruiting wise...TALENT with SIZE equals SUCCESS

The only thing you haven't said yet is fire Bohn for hiring him....so you might want to get that out of the way too

Go ahead and make all the excuses you want to. Even Boyle knows that he should've won this game in his sleep.

Its a horrible loss...no doubt....but its not the end of the world in what is a long season....basketball ain't like football in that you can recover from a piss poor start

We're not talking about Texas Tech here. We're not even talking about Nebraska. We just lost to the University of San Fransisco Dons.

Also, and I'm not saying that this is the reason for us losing, but why the hell did we form the schedule so that we go all the way out to the East Coast to play UGA, and then turn around and go all the way across the country to play at San Francisco?? We still have to make another East Coast swing out to Harvard fairly soon...seems like a bit much for traveling so early in the season...

Its a horrible loss...no doubt....but its not the end of the world in what is a long season....basketball ain't like football in that you can recover from a piss poor start
Is it okay with you to vent? I hate seeing CU lose. In any sport.

I'm sure we'll recover, but lets just stop talking about how we're a Tournement team. That's just not happening. Even with Tunks.

In the third game of a new coaches transition from a team he basically inherited to the type of team he is trying to build. 3 games into a 30 games season....I would rather drop this game than one to Texas Tech when conference play is way more important

In the third game of a new coaches transition from a team he basically inherited to the type of team he is trying to build. 3 games into a 30 games season....I would rather drop this game than one to Texas Tech when conference play is way more important
We need W's however we can get them. Nobody remembers how close the game was when you win, but it's noticeable when you see a big, fat, L on the schedule.

I never said this was a tournament team...NIT more than likely

Doubt it. We're gunna be bottom feeders in the big 12 again. We are really pretty bad. That was a sad game and USF had some serious scrubs that we could not take advantage of.

Can somebody please just find out who called the TO. And please don't count this team out yet we will get on track

We're not talking about Texas Tech here. We're not even talking about Nebraska. We just lost to the University of San Fransisco Dons.

Hey maybe Bill Russell suited up for the Dons tonight.

This is a bad, bad, bad loss. If we have a chance at the tourney (on the bubble) , this loss will stick out on our resume when San Francisco's RPI is like 170 or something at the end of the season and we lost to them.

Doubt it. We're gunna be bottom feeders in the big 12 again. We are really pretty bad. That was a sad game and USF had some serious scrubs that we could not take advantage of.

If Roberson improves and gives us some solid minutes, we will be okay and can still finish in the top 8 of the Big XII

Is it okay with you to vent? I hate seeing CU lose. In any sport.

I'm sure we'll recover, but lets just stop talking about how we're a Tournement team. That's just not happening. Even with Tunks.

Hate to agree, but I do. The fact that Bzdelik left a team with one halfway effective big man made that pretty unlikely in the first place. When that one big man went down it became a huge longshot. Add in too many more games that should be wins where they can't throw the ball in the ocean or hit free throws (didn't see any of the game, so I'm going by what I read here on that...) and it's going to be impossible.

For whatever reason, the Buffs never seem to be able to shoot well on the road. I'm really not sure why, but I think it's probably something to do with the reason that the Rockies can never hit on the road.... :huh:

Coach Boyle wanted to know who called it, the refs said it was Higgins. Higgins said he didn't do it. That's the story I hear. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just asking. All I know is what I'm reading here.

I can understand the confusion between Higgins and Tomlinson. They are virtually identical twins... :lol:

No excuse for this loss. If you need to close out a game on the road, do not listen to anyone associated with the University of Colorado basketball team because they know next to nothing about the subject.

Least clutch team in the NCAA. Holla!

I think it might have been Nate, thought I saw him call TO under the basket with the ball in his hands.

I didn't see it, but the guy behind me saw it immediately and was saying "the ausie called a time out and we don't have one" well before it was clear what was going on.

I think it might have been Nate, thought I saw him call TO under the basket with the ball in his hands.

I was sitting right next to them when they did it, It was mostly out of confusion, and as soon as they started to say it, they were like ****, no I didnt mean to say that. They tried to blow it off as they were just grabbing the ball, but it didnt fly.

Boyle was yelling at them the entire time that they had no timeouts, it was a pretty bone head play, and the whole team knew they ****ed up as soon as it happened.

Anyone catch Relaphorde and his "Ole" defense? :lol:

Not trying to kick the kid while he's down, but man. Come on. People just pass right by him with no problems.

Please don't let it be Tomlinson. People already rip him enough as it is. Please don't let it be Nate. :lol:

EDIT: Just read the box score. DAMNIT!!:lol:

Last edited:
Please don't let it be Tomlinson. People already rip him enough as it is. Please don't let it be Nate. :lol:

EDIT: Just read the box score. DAMNIT!!:lol:

If you are referencing the Technical foul on Nate, that wasnt from the end of the game. It was actually pretty funny, Nate picked a fight with the USF's coach. The coach was holding on to the ball and Nate was trying to rip it from his hands. It ended in a double technical, but pretty entertaining.

If you are referencing the Technical foul on Nate, that wasnt from the end of the game. It was actually pretty funny, Nate picked a fight with the USF's coach. The coach was holding on to the ball and Nate was trying to rip it from his hands. It ended in a double technical, but pretty entertaining.
Huh. Then where is the tech in the box score? It it a team?

Back