What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Considering Mark Mangino as Next Head Coach

Friedgen hasn't been mentioned for the job yet...
He had a pretty special connection with the culture and community up in College Park that made him pretty good there. He does not have, and could not recreate, that sort of connection in Boulder. That's also a situation of a school looking to try and take the "next step" up from 7-9 win seasons, and flubbing it big time. Edsall is not going to get it done there - it's a terrible cultural/personality fit.

He had a pretty special connection with the culture and community up in College Park that made him pretty good there. He does not have, and could not recreate, that sort of connection in Boulder. That's also a situation of a school looking to try and take the "next step" up from 7-9 win seasons, and flubbing it big time. Edsall is not going to get it done there - it's a terrible cultural/personality fit.

Guess I needed to use the sarcasm font...

I actually caught a little of the sarcasm - I just wanted to talk about something I actually knew a little about, half the guys in my office are terp alums.

eh

A8zCVA6CMAArfGh.jpg

The dude needed an epidural before games just to stand and after no. 2 he cleans his backside via flossing with a towel. Pass.

A Sooner Booster I have ties to says Oklahoma may be bringing him back as OC.

Last edited:
Yea we need a bigger splash than that... not real excited about this one. Not a real good image for the healthiest city in the country either. He can coach, great OC, but not sure I want him at the helm...Hopefully there is a bigger name out there... I still wish they could talk Tedford into coming here, I think he would be perfect.

Yea we need a bigger splash than that... not real excited about this one. Not a real good image for the healthiest city in the country either. He can coach, great OC, but not sure I want him at the helm...Hopefully there is a bigger name out there... I still wish they could talk Tedford into coming here, I think he would be perfect.

Not sure you could get a much bigger splash...

**** Earthquake, he eats too damn much. We hire him as a head coach, we suck ass, please no. How would you like to have that ****er over for Thanksgiving, better have more than one turkey.

And...Mangino's agent is only floating his name to the media for the CU gig because he is interested in the UTEP job. CU has no interest in Mangino as HC, possibly OC if Doeren comes aboard, but otherwise nothing to see here...

I'm not going back through this thread. Please tell me Mangino is not in the equation!

Back