What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Considering Mark Mangino as Next Head Coach

I'm not going back through this thread. Please tell me Mangino is not in the equation!

Um, he took Kansas, K ****ing U, to the Orange Bowl. Thats both a rebuilding project AND good coaching. Fat jokes aside, he'd probably win 5 games with this team. Which is 4 more than we won.

Ill take it...

Mangino was solid at KU, but not spectacular. One good season at 12-1. Amazing for KU, but otherwise his tenure was near .500. He'd be an upgrade over Embree (who wouldn't at this point), but I'm not jumping up & down over MM.

Mangino was solid at KU, but not spectacular. One good season at 12-1. Amazing for KU, but otherwise his tenure was near .500. He'd be an upgrade over Embree (who wouldn't at this point), but I'm not jumping up & down over MM.

I don't think he's doing any jumping up and down either.

Nobody with baggage is going to get the CU job. That means Petrino, Tressel, Mangino, etc. are NOT going to get the CU job.

That being said - Mangino took KU to bowl games in 4 of his 8 seasons. In the 20 years before he arrived, KU had gone to TWO (2) bowls.

Nobody with baggage is going to get the CU job. That means Petrino, Tressel, Mangino, etc. are NOT going to get the CU job.

That being said - Mangino took KU to bowl games in 4 of his 8 seasons. In the 20 years before he arrived, KU had gone to TWO (2) bowls.

Not hard to go to a bowl game these days, but I get what your saying. Like I said, he wouldn't be bad option, just don't see it happening. Perhaps he'd be interested in an OC gig if Doeren comes on (and Doeren wanted him), but I think his agent is just floating info so he can land a non-BCS gig

Not hard to go to a bowl game these days, but I get what your saying. Like I said, he wouldn't be bad option, just don't see it happening. Perhaps he'd be interested in an OC gig if Doeren comes on (and Doeren wanted him), but I think his agent is just floating info so he can land a non-BCS gig

Apparently pretty ****ing hard at Colorado!!!!!

Um, he took Kansas, K ****ing U, to the Orange Bowl. Thats both a rebuilding project AND good coaching. Fat jokes aside, he'd probably win 5 games with this team. Which is 4 more than we won.

Ill take it...

Kind of like the really drunk, really desperate guy at closing time at the bar looking at the Mangino sized chick.

Ill take it...
Why did Kansas dump him?

You touch on a common problem in todays game; staying power. Very few guys in the coaching world can consistently, year over year, deliver 10 win seasons since the reduction to 80 scholarships and the limits on walk ons. Saban does it. Meyer does it. Kelly is doing it. Stoops seems to do it one out of 3 or every other year. But after that there are a lot of guys that put up 7-8-9 wins while touching a 10 win season now and again. When guys like Harbaugh or Meyer come along and do it they get snatched up pretty quickly. Trying to find a guy like Saban/Meyer/Kelly in todays flock is really damn hard.

Officially announced on Twitter that he no longer be considered for the CU job......not sure if he ever was, but ends this little rumor

Officially announced on Twitter that he no longer be considered for the CU job......not sure if he ever was, but ends this little rumor

I think he was offended when he found out we were interested in him for our new competitive eating team, not for football...

Should we be worried that a career .500 head coach who has been out of work since 2009 removed himself from consideration?

Did WE decide to go in a different direction and he's just saving face?

Should we be worried that a career .500 head coach who has been out of work since 2009 removed himself from consideration?

Did WE decide to go in a different direction and he's just saving face?
No worries. It's just coach-speak for "I didn't get the job.

Back