What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Daily – Hawai’i

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=3]Colorado Daily – Hawai’i[/h] –
September 14th
Hawai’i picks up first victory of the season with 27-24 win over Northern Iowa
From Honolulu television station KITV.com … The University of Hawaii football team earned its first win of the 2014 season against Northern Iowa at Aloha Stadium Saturday night, 27-24.
Although both teams had three offensive touchdowns, the Rainbow Warrior defense was the first to score with a fumble recovery that turned into a touchdown with 10:19 to go in the first quarter.
The Panthers never held a lead in the game, but got to within three points with 1:56 left in the game.
The Rainbow Warriors capitalized on two turnovers, which turned into 10 points in the game.
The Panthers’ quarterback Sawyer Kollmorgen outdueled the Rainbow Warriors’ quarter Ikaika Woolsey.* Kollmorgen had 265 yards passing with two touchdowns.* Woolsey had 188 yards passing with one touchdown.
But, the Rainbow Warriors’ rushing game may have been the difference.* RB Steven Lakalaka led the Hawaii rushing corps with 124 yards and 1 TD.* The Panthers had 55 total yards rushing in the game.
First look … Hawai’i
The Warriors lost their first two games, both at home, to Pac-12 teams, Washington and Oregon State.
The games, though, were anything but blowouts for the Power-Five conference schools.
…*Washington 17, Hawai’i 16 … A win was about all Chris Petersen got in his coaching debut with No. 25 Washington. Questions about the Huskies’ offense will continue into next week after Saturday night’s 17-16 victory at Hawaii. Jeff Lindquist completed just 10 passes while filling in for a suspended Cyler Miles, earning most of his yards on one long play. Lavon Coleman and Dwayne Washington split carries in a mediocre rushing game. And Washington punted on eight of nine possessions in the second half, every one except its final snaps to run out the clock.
“We didn’t play nearly as well as we think we can play,” said Petersen, who left Boise State to take over Washington. “I think it’s going to be a big wake-up call”. John Ross scored on a reverse and a 91-yard catch, and Washington held off the Rainbow Warriors despite giving Hawaii repeated chances for the upset.

Oregon State 38, Hawai’i 30 … Sean Mannion threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns Saturday night and Oregon State beat Hawaii 38-30. Mannion completed 26 of 37 passes as the Beavers (2-0) racked up 464 yards of total offense against the Rainbow Warriors (0-2). Victor Bolden caught 11 passes for 119 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown reception early in the second half. Terron Ward rushed for 124 yards and scored on runs of 32 and 2 yards in the first half.
Oregon State built a 38-7 lead by the 10:56 mark in the third quarter, but Hawaii scored the final 23 points of the game, including 16 points in a four-minute stretch early in the fourth quarter.

- Northern Iowa, though a 1-AA school, is accustomed to playing 1-A schools well. The Panthers beat Iowa State last season, and opened the 2014 season with a close 31-23 loss to Iowa.
- The game against Colorado will be the first road game of the season for Hawai’i, and the noon kickoff (Pac-12 Networks) will be a very early start – 8:00 a.m. local time in Hawai’i.
- Colorado is 1-2 all-time against Hawai’i, with a win in Boulder, and two losses in games played in Honolulu.
- The Warriors will be without their star running back Joey Iosefa, who is out 4-6 weeks with a fractured ankle. After averaging 146 yards the last four games of last season, Iosefa had 143 yards and a touchdown in the opener against Washington.

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back