What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Depth Chart vs. CSU

Isn't that the equivalent of playing not to lose? I know I've approached games like that (especially when EB was coach) but it seemed cowardly to me. I'm all in. We're gonna win. And we're gonna win big!

Too bad you're not playing.

on second thought, good thing you're not playing.

Since Montez is apparently not taking over #2, I would hope that if Sefo goes down or gets yanked for performance reasons, the staff would consider throwing Awini in there at QB. The dude nearly brought us back at Utah last year, might have won the game had there been more time on the clock for the last drive.
Please explain why we should skip from #1 to #4 (or is Awini even farther down?) even when Montez is tied at #2?

JMHO, but I feel it would be foolish to put in Gherke ahead of Montez in the event that Sefo gets hurt. Next year is going to be Montez or Noyer. Assuming we want to redshirt Noyer this year, that means a healthy dose of Montez whenever possible this year.

Chev himself has said that there needs to be 1 guy calling plays and that the guy is Lindgren. They'll develop the game plan together and talk about what they want to get into in the next series while the Buffs are on defense, but when we are in an offensive series it will be Lindgren calling the plays.

We do have a lot of people who are just now paying closer attention than they were since the season is about to start, so this may not be common knowledge among people who have a life as a Buffs fan that doesn't include reading every interview in June.

A lot has been said.

Just a couple of tweeks to the offense
Gonna play faster
Lindgren calling plays.
Chev helping out
Only one play caller.

blah blah blah from Mac2

If Lingren is calling the plays, and the game is going south from an offensive standpoint.Mac2 will make a change on that immediately.
He knows he was hoodwinked by Lindgren last year. Hence the demotion. A little face saving telling everyone lindgren will be calling plays.

Okay maybe he has improved in all the OC areas. I am not counting on it.

My guess is Gehrke would be #2 if we needed a game manager to run out some clock in a tight game. He has game experience.

Montez would be inserted if we need to score some points, knowing the risk of playing a Frosh with zero game experience. If Sefo is knocked out with an injury that means he will miss some real time, Montez is the guy.

My guess is Gehrke would be #2 if we needed a game manager to run out some clock in a tight game. He has game experience.

Montez would be inserted if we need to score some points, knowing the risk of playing a Frosh with zero game experience. If Sefo is knocked out with an injury that means he will miss some real time, Montez is the guy.
that's my guess as well.

I would add Gehrke is the first one to put on his helmet and get out there mid-series, then they make the decision to put in Montez on the next series or not. Otherwise, complete agreement.

Nice, but feeble attempt at rationalization! Guess my comment struck too close to home for you!
Or you're still butt-hurt about pi**-poor job your BFF Walters jacked on CU, as both Rec Coor. and WR coach, eh?
So changing one's mind based upon review of results under their specific control is "throwing someone under the bus"? Got it!

When you constantly harp on them after they are gone, it definitely is throwing them under the bus. Just funny that you think what you are doing is somehow more acceptable than actually expecting coaches to do their jobs while they are employed by CU.

Pretty much. Will take a lot to get Sefo out of games though, we definitely know that much.

I just don't know what really gives the coaching staff confidence that Gehrke can come in and do the job. He was passed by Apsay last year and looked terrible when he went down coming in as the backup.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. The starting line will be Irwin, Kough, Kelley, Lynott and Kronsage. Callahan is the backup tackle at both spots and I am assuming Huckins will be the first off the bench for center or guard. The coaches said they are confident in their top 8 so I would assume that means Wiefels but I really wish it was Lisella that was that second inside guy and they weren't forcing him at tackle (if they even are).

Back