1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado discussion on ESPN U's "The Experts".

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Creebuzz, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Paraphrasing here...Got some initial positive vibes from one dude, then Tom Lunginbill said he doesn't care who's hired at CU, but school will fail without change in administration.

Deep sigh...why does every talking head say this?

2. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

There's only one way to change this national perception... WIN. That will cure all that ails us.

3. Del

Del Member

Agree with you on this! Any program that has Hawk on as an "expert" isn't worth a grain of salt anyway.

4. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

We'll never win until they change that damn noise ordinance!

5. Del

Del Member

Lol!! We should send a video of CU practicing with "crowd noise" to Jesse Palmer.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah, the old "change the admin" thing gets old, but the more it is out there nationally, the more the message will driven home. I think, however, that the admin does get it and is ready to change.

7. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

It's getting real old. They make it seem like we only recruit from high school chess club. I can't wait to start winning again, if for nothing else than to shut these idots up.

8. DBT

I do agree with you. These guys base their comments on what they've heard and not what they know.

9. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

The administration is not the problem, it's the stupid state laws. If we want to get and keep good coaches we have to get out from under that single year contract restriction.

This is where all CU fans who live in CO can directly help the program. Vote out that stupid law!!!!

10. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I'm not sure where it really came from, somewhat based out of truth I'm sure, but it makes me wonder if Hawk was always whining to the ESPN guys at every chance he had? In any case, it now seems to be something that has a life of its own and will probably only be shut up by winning on the field.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

That show lost any cred as soon as they invited coach simple jack on....

12. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

BTW...where the hell was Danny this week? Did he already get fired from that show?

13. drmike

drmike Member

Can someone please explain to an out of stater how this law works. Is it six 5 year contracts per university and all other contracts are year by year?

14. DBT

I think only month to month. But Bohn, I think, promises them that he will carry them for a few extra months after a change.

15. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Each campus of a university in Colorado can have 6 "multi-year" contracts. This only applies to the administration, not professors or deans. So, basically, the Chancellor, Athletic Director, Head Football Coach, Head Men's Basketball Coach, Head Women's Basketball Coach, Head Women's Volleyball coach would be typical "long-term" contracts.

Phil DiStefano does not have a long-term deal at CU-Boulder, so that frees up the one used on Kiesau that would now be used on Bieniemy.

As stated, all other employment "contracts" are month-to-month (Colorado is an at-will state), unless they are part of a collective bargaining agreement (which does not fall under the state restrictions for multi-year deals).

16. DBT

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "The United Football Coaches of America."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  17. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

I'm sure this came under some 'tabor' or other tax minimization law. I don't have a problem with these in general, however, when they are all rolled together it makes it hard to vote for one thing and not effect several others.

Obviously, if voters got a chance to vote for: we are going to hire a staff of people that will cost us $5M/year and return $20M, and help fund all other sporting programs on the CU campus. Everyone would vote for it. The problem is it isn't presented that way.

I do agree its not the administration as much as the structure. Not sure how you fix it.

18. DBT

I think they are going a long way towards fixing it as best they can. They are giving three exemptions to the football program, I think. They are also increasing the assistant coaching salary pool. I don't know what else they can do.

19. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

Me either. I guess the big question is 'what are other states/universities able to offer?'. Is Colorado as a state competitive? I'm not saying the admin or the state legislature is wrong. Each group is making decisions that would appear on paper to be in the best interest of the citizenry.

The fact that they are being creative in the offers as you point out here is positive.

20. ScottyBuff

keep in mind that this also applies to the UCCS campus, CSU-Fort Collins, UNC, CSU-Pueblo, Adams State, Fort Lewis, Metro State, etc etc

21. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell a provision at this low a level of micromanagement got into a frigging State Constitutional amendment. Are we sure this is part of TABOR or is it something that can be changed at the legislative level? Douglas Bruce has been a plague of "good intentions" on this State.

22. DBT

Most definitely TABOR

23. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

We were a 7-8 win team this year without fing retard so f those talking heads.

24. ScottyBuff

Brian Cabral has been at CU for over TWO DECADES without a "long-term" contract. Do a good job and you'll have your job security.

Being an assistant under Hawk meant those guys were leaving for a better opportunity as soon as it came along.

Hawk wanted security "contracted" instead of focusing on the one thing that would have given him and his staff security = WINNING

25. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

How did Luginbill ever become an "expert"? He was a hack of a JC QB and bounced around the arena league, before fetching coffee and kissing ***** for sportscenter anchors. Now he is the authority on everything college football? He is a uninformed jack-wagon....nuff said.

26. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

he's a georgia tech alumn.... nuff said...