What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Does Not Belong in the Pac 12

Deleted member 807

...at least thats what fans from Fresno or Colorado State or Boise State or Sacramento State or North Dakota State or BYU or any other non BCS school with a pulse is thinking and writing on the interwebs.

When it comes to football and baseball and gymnastics and swimming, they have a legitimate point.

Other than a most certain win on our opponent's football schedule, what exactly is Colorado bringing to the table?

These questions are for Bruce Benson and Phil DiStephano to answer. Larry Scott has a network to pimp. He needs the boys on the eastern side of the rockies to step up. History and tradition only go so far. What are you doing for the Pac 12 lately?

Big fanbase? Depends on how you define it, I guess. Denver is a fairly large TV market, but there is no fan base outside of the hardcore fans when the team is losing. And we're so bad now that even a lot of the people who post here are tuning out. I quit going out of my way to watch games during year 3 of the last regime and didn't watch any games live during the 2010 season. I'd sometimes watch on the DVR when we didn't get destroyed. I'm already there with this new staff.

Academics isn't quite where it used to be. This state is near the bottom in higher education funding now.

Basketball certainly has become a draw, but the fair weather fans will quit showing up if Tad should decide to go elsewhere and the play level drops a bit. Of course, I hope that never happens. Maybe we can become a true basketball power that considers the NIT a bad year.

Skid, Fresno State players are quoted in their local players saying they "love playing Colorado" and they "love having games like this against Pac-12 teams".

Love it. They set records against Embree's team. 97-yard TD passes. 96-yard TD runs. Over 330 yards of offense in the First Quarter. Embree didn't get that much offense the whole game!

Skid, and in the attempt to keep our power-rankings in full-focus, let's see what Sac State did yesterday. Their home-opener, in front of their homefield crowd, they beat also-Big-Sky team Northern Colorado, 28-17.

The SacBee newspaper article covers the basics, plus... "This is the first time Sac State has been 2-1 without beating a Division II team since 2001. The Hornets beat Saint Mary's and Idaho State that year but finished 2-9."

Yes. Sac State. That powerhouse football team, beating St Mary's from Somewhere. Now, Colorado and Northern CO. All within a dozen years, too.

I'm not sure how big of a jump our power rankings will have with this great victory by one of our opponents.

Back