What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Elite Camp attendees

The level of play in the Ivy League is not terribly high, though. Out of the 700+ football players in the Ivy League today, maybe 4-5 players in the whole league *might* play in the NFL. Maybe. They play to stadiums that attract fewer fans than what many kids get at their high school games. They're never on TV, never on Sports Center, never in the playoffs or in a bowl game. Football is a hobby, not a passion.

Apparently I need to add Harvard for football to my list of places that people trip over themselves to attend instead of CU.

At what point do you guys consider it "close enough" in ranking to attend CU?

Stanford vs CU?

Cal vs CU?

Washington vs CU?

Columbia vs CU?

Texas vs CU?

Boston College vs CU?

Northwestern vs CU?

Michigan vs CU?

All of these places are ranked higher than CU, most a lot higher, so at what point does it become more than simply about the academic ranking of the school?

I think education is more about what you put into it. I've known a number of people that went to Cal or Stanford and I'm not blown away by them. I know some people that went to local CSUs and they are 10x more intelligent than the big time grads. I'm sure going to a place like Harvard would open some doors that going elsewhere wouldn't, but I'd much rather take the nik route myself. Go somewhere fun and exciting for undergrad and if I have the massive urge to go to Harvard, go there for grad school.

Not to mention football at Harvard is uh.. not overly impressive in football terms. You might get on ESPN once for the Harvard vs Yale game at 9 AM west coast time. Exciting.

But who am I to tell people what to do or what they should make their kids do.

:wtf::eek:fftopic::focus::hijacked::leave:

Ok.

FYI to all. On the cubuffs camp website, the "elite" Saturday night lights camp is open to "any and all highschool male juniors and seniors". So as far as a list of attendees, keep in mind that some names on the list may not garner much interest from CU. My son is going and as much as it pains me to say, realistically he probably won't be a Buff, maybe a lesser D1 or D2 level, but he'll get a taste of what it takes to get there plus he's a buffalo at heart so he'll get the experience of it all.

Ok.

FYI to all. On the cubuffs camp website, the "elite" Saturday night lights camp is open to "any and all highschool male juniors and seniors". So as far as a list of attendees, keep in mind that some names on the list may not garner much interest from CU. My son is going and as much as it pains me to say, realistically he probably won't be a Buff, maybe a lesser D1 or D2 level, but he'll get a taste of what it takes to get there plus he's a buffalo at heart so he'll get the experience of it all.

good luck to your son!!!

You are kidding, right? I bleed black and gold but if Harvard wants to pay for my child's education, his ticket is punched. Some things are more important than football.

Some years ago, my sister in law was applying to biology doctoral programs. She was interested in going to CU, but was told by admissions that they were only taking candidates who "walked on water." She went to Harvard instead. Just sayin'.

Anything new on possible attendees? I hope Thomas Singleton attends, I think he'd be a pretty good college corner.

unfortunately.........Jeffrey Thomas wont be able to make the camp. But may not be a need (in a good way).

unfortunately.........Jeffrey Thomas wont be able to make the camp. But may not be a need (in a good way).

Sorry to hear that he won't be making it out for the camp, Boulder is a great place to visit. However, if the camp visit is not necessary, hopefully that means that he is comfortable enough with this staff and the university to come on aboard.

ok Moett88, please tell us what is up with your boy Jeffrey Thomas! Does this mean he has an offer? A commitment?

Toying with our fragile psychies is also not nice. You better not be teasing us.

Damn straight! We have discovered the secret of how to stuff marshmallows into nails. You don't want to mess with us. (Just ask a Nebraska fan.) :lol:

Back