1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado football fans suck

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bienemy4life, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

I'm so sick of hearing this. Buffs have been awful for 5 years and fans consistently show up and I've been quite impressed. However, Florida and Texas are the greatest football states?

FSU (highest ranked team in Fla.) game going on right now, tons of empty seats.

Last week TT v Baylor, the Cotton Bowl was empty. And the game was actually quite entertaining.

'nuff said.

2. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

if fsu was selling tickets for a dollar a ticket, they'd be sold out too

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

50K a game based on how bad we've been under Dan-o is pretty good

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

FSU also has about 30K more seats than Folsom.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i disagree. i saw many fans with chidren in tow last night headed to Pearl St. for the rally.

6. Sammy11

Sammy11 New Member

FYI, there were just under 50k in Dallas for BU-TT on a weekend where A&M-Arkansas, 2 ranger games, and SMU had a home game killing the walkup crowd. Cotton bowl seats around 100k.

When people talk about your fans being bad its usually incidents like the 2005 NU game student section behavior and not attendance. I know many people who have horror stories of their treatment in Boulder from the other texas schools and OU.

7. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I think our bad rep comes from our actions, not our numbers. Our fans (mostly the undergrads) are pretty rowdy.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. Because when we turn it around, it will be a big advantage for us. But I can see why other fanbases think that we are vile.

8. cutaekwondo

cutaekwondo Member

OU fan IMO are the WORST. When Stoops takes the team bowling (yes they have lost many bowl games) but, all i was hearing is "fire Bob Stoops" "he is the worst coach ever". When OU is winning all you hear is "Bob Stoops is GOD" "We have the best coach EVER". They are also pretty good about not showing up to the games and not supporting there team. Makes me laugh. I can't stand these people.

Fight CU likes this.
  9. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

I couldn't agree with you more.:congrats:

10. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

My point was not how many seats are in the Cotton Bowl or at FSU. Those state's crow about football as a religion. In Texas they have 40k at hs games, yet here were two major college programs playing in a half empty stadium, irregardless of how many it seats.

The 2005 NU game cracks me up too. Students threw marshmallows, maybe a few cups/water bottles, and we're the worst (most passionate fans). I wish we were...

11. Del

Del Member

While I can't really defend the 2005 NU game, there really isn't anything else like that on a regular basis. Outside of some profanity and maybe some yelling at fans while they enter and exit from the STUDENT section, the rest of the crowd is at least civil. In regards to everything else, if you don't like it then stay the **** out of Folsom. Our house, our rules. I like the fact that our fanbase is rowdy and loud and it should be considered a hostile environment for opposing teams.

12. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Bieniemy.....

do you care what people think? i know ALOT of fans from major universities and there are alot of really good fans and bad fans.....

We got alot going for us... we are moving to the PAC and we WILL have a new coach ina few shorts weeks.... smile at those people and tell them that we won't kick them off the ladder as we rise :nod:

13. PhillyBuff

are you trying to model your behavior after the 700 level at Veterans Stadium?

14. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I was in one of the sections that got cleared in 2005. We didn't leave by the way, we just squished into the adjacent section. People were just throwing cups and stuff - it wasn't that big of a deal. However, asking the student section to leave during the game was about the stupidest thing anyone could have thought of doing. They are REALLY lucky that they didn't have a riot on their hands. Seriously.

Anyway. If you are an opposing fan and you walk through the student section at an away game you deserve what ever comes to you with the exception of getting beat up. It's the student section - stay out of it. Seriously. I would never go to an away game and try to walk through without being fully prepared to have crap/beer thrown at me. That's how it works.

I agree with Austin - if it's really so bad, why do opposing fans keep coming? If they don't like the atmosphere, stay the **** away. Good riddance.

15. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

And therein lies the rub. In Folsom it is almost impossible to get into the stadium without having to go through the student section. Most stadiums probably don't have that issue, and if they did they would probably get the same old-lady beating reports. Unless they move the student entrance, we will always have this rep.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Walking along that walkway is different than walking through the student section (benches) in my mind.

17. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

"fanbase?" More like a bunch of stoned hooligans just looking for a place to party, the game is just a way to get opposing fans within throwing distance of piss bombs. Game isn't worth watching anyway.

18. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Aren't you still losing to texas or something? Go eat soap.

19. PhillyBuff

no need to throw piss bombs... I can hose you down from my seat in the last row...:nod::moon:

20. Del

Del Member

Don't you have some meth to cook up right about now?

21. Del

Del Member

[​IMG]

Shouldn't be talking about piss bombs when your coach wet his pants during the game

22. Del

Del Member

23. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

That's fricking hilarious.:lol:

24. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

That's amazing since you have to sit down to pee.

25. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

that's because your mom has dibs to the urinal in the double wide

26. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

[video=youtube;QC3FY-G9nLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC3FY-G9nLQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

27. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

I read all the "classy" stuff fluffalo fans have to say about Husker fans. And, I can go tit for tat on vandalism incidents outside folsCUm. Before you say it's a fluffalo board and if you don't like it don't come on, it's a great board with interesting reading and I like to poke fluffalo fans.

28. CoRN BreAd

CoRN BreAd Member

Atleast she has indoor plumbing.

29. Del

Del Member

Not trying to go tit for tat with you but just trying to get you to acknowledge that there are bad fans of every team...including shock NEBRASKA....that is what is the most annoying thing about Husker fans is that they think that there is no way a Nebraska fan could ever be rude when actually they are no better than anybody else.

30. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

November 27th can't get here soon enough.