What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado football is coming back under MacIntyre

that's it. someone's gettin' banned.

you?

you?

wjkgjhm6wjiurdsw1ngx.png

That article is useless without accounting for the teams status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accounting for the teams' statuses still results in 0 wins.
Yes, but is it really impressive that Helfrich has a winning record against top 25 teams when he took over a absolutely loaded program with a Heisman winning QB?

Seems dumb and kind of pointless

Yes, but is it really impressive that Helfrich has a winning record against top 25 teams when he took over a absolutely loaded program with a Heisman winning QB?

Seems dumb and kind of pointless

Yeah. I'd say winning enough to get wins in the Alamo and Rose bowls plus playing in the National Championship Game is impressive, but perhaps you have higher standards for your coaches than me.

Yes. He didn't choke. But then you look at our coach and he has NEVER beaten a top 25 team. Ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'd say winning enough to get wins in the Alamo and Rose bowls plus playing in the National Championship Game is impressive, but perhaps you have higher standards for your coaches than me.

Not getting the point I'm trying to make.

Slick Rick went 8-4 his first two years against ranked teams. He also took over a loaded program.

Yes. He didn't choke. But then you look at our coach and he has NEVER beaten a top 25 team. Ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not saying that's false, but I think things need to be put in perspective here. MacIntyre has taken over two dog **** programs as a head coach. His final year at SJSU the only ranked team they played was Stanford. And we all know how ****ty things have been at CU. I'm not dismissing the record, just that we need to put things in perspective.

Last edited:
I hate to do it but I have to side with tini on this one.

There is no pep talk, no game plan, no great adjustments that make up for when the other team has such a talent margin that they can run over you or by you no matter what you try.

Sacky and some others have mentioned it multiple times but M2 took over after a dumpster fire. We had a roster that in many cases would have had trouble matching up physically against the bottom of the MWC, much less the top of the MWC. To loosely borrow a wise line from a great movie, "Short, weak, slow, and unskilled is no way to go through a schedule in major college football."

We had a couple guys that got drafted into the NFL but so have some D2 schools. Had CU dissolved the football program instead of hiring M2 and all our players got full releases how many would have gotten P5 level scholarships? I'm guessing well under 20, with less than 40-45 even getting any kind of FBS level scholarship. We had a lot of players who had no business being on a field at this level.

You won't beat top 25 teams, any top 25 teams with that level of talent.

I hate to do it but I have to side with tini on this one.

There is no pep talk, no game plan, no great adjustments that make up for when the other team has such a talent margin that they can run over you or by you no matter what you try.

Sacky and some others have mentioned it multiple times but M2 took over after a dumpster fire. We had a roster that in many cases would have had trouble matching up physically against the bottom of the MWC, much less the top of the MWC. To loosely borrow a wise line from a great movie, "Short, weak, slow, and unskilled is no way to go through a schedule in major college football."

We had a couple guys that got drafted into the NFL but so have some D2 schools. Had CU dissolved the football program instead of hiring M2 and all our players got full releases how many would have gotten P5 level scholarships? I'm guessing well under 20, with less than 40-45 even getting any kind of FBS level scholarship. We had a lot of players who had no business being on a field at this level.

You won't beat top 25 teams, any top 25 teams with that level of talent.
Disagree. We had games against top 25 teams that we were in a position to win that we threw away last year. All hope is not lost.

0 for 15 is 0 for 15, though. It's time to change that.

Disagree. We had games against top 25 teams that we were in a position to win that we threw away last year. All hope is not lost.

0 for 15 is 0 for 15, though. It's time to change that.

I don't disagree. Last year we were able to put ourselves into position to win some games, something we couldn't have done in the prior 2-3 seasons. They would have been huge upsets but we were there.

This year with reasonably expected improvement those games would still be upsets but lesser, time to break through and start getting a few.

The reasons that M2 hasn't won in the past don't necessarily give him a pass for the present or the future.

I don't disagree. Last year we were able to put ourselves into position to win some games, something we couldn't have done in the prior 2-3 seasons. They would have been huge upsets but we were there.

This year with reasonably expected improvement those games would still be upsets but lesser, time to break through and start getting a few.

The reasons that M2 hasn't won in the past don't necessarily give him a pass for the present or the future.

[video=youtube;WcDgVvPKzvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDgVvPKzvI[/video]

[video=youtube;WcDgVvPKzvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDgVvPKzvI[/video]

You could also add the West Virginia game and a few other in the midst of our suffering.

Bottom line is would you rather have a fluke in the middle of years of being pathetic or a legitimate earned win as we improve. I'll take the fluke but prefer that we start to beat some people. Time for that to happen.

You could also add the West Virginia game and a few other in the midst of our suffering.

Bottom line is would you rather have a fluke in the middle of years of being pathetic or a legitimate earned win as we improve. I'll take the fluke but prefer that we start to beat some people. Time for that to happen.

To be honest, at this point I'd take a Mexico vs Panama win. We need it. That Oklahoma win I posted would be akin to beating Oregon in the pac-12 opener this year. Can you imagine? I really wouldn't care how it happened if it happened.

Didn't Hawk pull in the #1 RB in the nation after that?

[video=youtube;nBeUGqeYsQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg[/video]

^Looks like Tupou busting through a fence.

To be honest, at this point I'd take a Mexico vs Panama win. We need it. That Oklahoma win I posted would be akin to beating Oregon in the pac-12 opener this year. Can you imagine? I really wouldn't care how it happened if it happened.

Didn't Hawk pull in the #1 RB in the nation after that?

[video=youtube;nBeUGqeYsQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeUGqeYsQg[/video]

^Looks like Tupou busting through a fence.

As I said I'll take the fluke. We are however getting to a point third season in where we have to start beating some people and it not be a fluke.

That OU win did give us a boost on paper in recruiting but did it mean anything, not in the long run. It probably hurt us because it gave the administration another reason to pretend that things were fine in the football dept rather than facing the reality that we had a badly declining program.

These situations aren't mutually exclusive. You can be a rebuilding program and STILL beat a top 25 team AND continue to progress. There's arguments being made that it was either win a fluke game and continue to suck OR never beat a top 25 team but continue to progress until the point you legitimately beat good teams.

These situations aren't mutually exclusive. You can be a rebuilding program and STILL beat a top 25 team AND continue to progress. There's arguments being made that it was either win a fluke game and continue to suck OR never beat a top 25 team but continue to progress until the point you legitimately beat good teams.

Still not getting the point.

SJSU: on the verge of shutting down football, probably a bottom 3 program prior, also suffered from APR sanctions that heavily reduced scholarships
CU: worst P5 school when he took over and had them within reach of taking down several ranked teams in year 2.

Time to take the next step and take down one of UA (not sure if they'll be ranked), Stanford, etc this season.

The point is though that not all records are equal. MM has taken over two programs that were extremely low on the totem pole and devoid of talent. MM didn't get a chance to face many ranked teams in 2012, he will in 2015 and he needs to beat one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the whole point.

We can talk about talent and coaches and systems and lousy opponents and everything else we want to.

Bottom line is that this is a team that has won 6 games in two years including wins against FCS competition. Hawaii may have new coaches and limited talent but until I see this team win a game on the road that they are supposed to win against a team like Hawaii then I'm not counting anything as a given. Last year UMass was a worse team than Hawaii is and we were lucky to escape from there with a win.

It may sound sensationalist but the Hawaii game may be the most important game for CU in ten years. Win and we have a road win in a tough place, we have confidence going into the sheep game which could very rationally lead to a 4-0 start, momentum with fans and recruits that put the program back on track. We end up with at worst a season that M2 can build on to return us to competitiveness.

Lose to Hawaii and lots of the team goes into "Here we go again" mode. We would be likely to have trouble with CSU meaning that we start 0-2 and may have a hard time winning more than 2-3 games all year. Recruits question coming to CU, fans check out, and M2 becomes a lame duck with one more year before we start all over again.

Hate to bring this up and hope I was very wrong but here it is. I forgot about the UMass game in between Hawaii and CSU when I posted but if we are shaky then CSU could be a loss and in fact we didn't exactly blow out UMass last year.

Hate to bring this up and hope I was very wrong but here it is. I forgot about the UMass game in between Hawaii and CSU when I posted but if we are shaky then CSU could be a loss and in fact we didn't exactly blow out UMass last year.
UMass is worse than Hawaii and we play in Boulder. I predict a 3-TD win for the Buffs and a resumption of KoolAid drinking by many who don't realize that thumping UMass at home is not a sign that the team is 'back on track.'

UMass is worse than Hawaii and we play in Boulder. I predict a 3-TD win for the Buffs and a resumption of KoolAid drinking by many who don't realize that thumping UMass at home is not a sign that the team is 'back on track.'

I expect us to win as well but having seen this team lose to enough inferior teams over the past 10 years (and way more superior teams) until they prove otherwise I'm not counting anything as a win till the final whistle.

This is a team with a fragile psyche that needs to learn how to win.

Back