What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Home Jerseys in 2011

Ohio St, Bama, and Texas all had those pro combat uniforms too.

I like all the combos we have now, except for maybe the all whites. The silver and black look for one game might grow on me (even if you hate the raiders, they have one of the best uniforms in sports).

That is the point I'm trying to make here...thank you very much.

You guys need to get with the times. ND and Michigan, arguably the two most historic programs in college are at least using alternates at some point this year. Either get with it, or get left behind

Like I said in whatthebuff's post, we can wear that black & silver combination one or two times a year. We should seriously take advantage of this and if it's a bad idea...it's a bad idea that can be easily discarded.

I am pretty sure they wore the silver helmets for 1 game in '98 or something, they are pretty cool. It is not the end of the world to wear them for 1 game, better than those ridiculous throwbacks from last year. Permanently? Hell no.

I'm not saying I agree with you, but Embo has always been a Raiders fan. At least he was before he went to coach with the Chiefs.

That's an interesting thought. I'm sure Embo knows that there is more to building championship winning teams than the colors of your uniforms. If CU wore black and pink uniforms and won 10 straight national championships, I would be very happy.

Suppose the silver MBB uniforms were a trail run for football...just think about it.

Fwiw, against Baylor.

s-WYOMING-COLORADO-FOOTBALL-large.jpg

Mick, the black helmets and gold jerseys were worn against Baylor in '98.

I am pretty sure they wore the silver helmets for 1 game in '98 or something, they are pretty cool. It is not the end of the world to wear them for 1 game, better than those ridiculous throwbacks from last year. Permanently? Hell no.

And suppose the black and silver uniforms are just too awesome?

Black helmet worn in '98. I wouldn't mind seeing a variation of this once a year or two

2904820207_e1ce88e974_o.jpg

I'm not saying we should do away with the gold helmets & gold pants completely.

I went on a short walk after my last post and introducing silver helmets with matching silver pants seems like a very good idea in my mind. Some thoughts:

The people from this state love to hate us especially the Denver Post and CSU fans. The people from this state love the Broncos and yes I am a Broncos fan. But suppose we went with silver helmets and pants which would be similar to the Raiders. Aren't we alredy the renegade school in the renegade city in the state of Colorado? Instead of hating the fact that we are the most depised school in this state, should we EMBRACE it? We will never win the hearts of this state like OU in Oklahoma, NU in Nebraska, UT in Texas, etc. We could wear that silver and black combo against CSU...that could really light a fire under the CU-CSU rivalry. One Pac-12 road game should be reserved for the silver and black combo. Utah and CU will be viewed as the newcomers to the Pac-12 and we might not be that well loved so why don't we EMBRACE that as well?

How many schools wear dark color along with gold in NCAA FBS football? We have Washington, UCLA, Idaho, Tulsa (with more than one other color), Norte Dame, Pitt, UCF, Georgia Tech, you name it! Now we have Ohio State and some midmajors such as UNLV and UNM who wear silver helmets but they don't wear silver and black.

Despite being a Broncos fan (myself included), do you really understand the COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE slogan that has been with the Raiders for many years? Doesn't that sound a lot like what Embree is doing at CU?

If the silver and black becomes our primary uniforms over time WITH THE APPROVAL of the CU fanbase, we could reserve the black and gold combo for homecoming and special games such as the Rose Bowl and Nebraska games. Would that be a good way to honor the accomplishments of past great CU teams?

Suppose the fanbase wants to go back to black and gold down the road, we could use the black and silver uniforms in that light as well.

Wouldn't this be more in line with the rebranding of the Pac-10 that is underway?

One thing for sure...I don't think we should mix gold and silver on the same uniforms ever again. :puke:

:ban: This is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. You must be out of your ******* mind. Leave the colors alone with the exception of matching the pants and helmet. CU has a great look with the older unis. No need to tweak perfection.

s-WYOMING-COLORADO-FOOTBALL-large.jpg

Mick, the black helmets and gold jerseys were worn against Baylor in '98.

misread your post, bro. my bad. i thought we were talking about the black helmet game. we DID play Wyo a couple times under Rick.....one game they flat hand to us at Folsom. they fumble in the RZ late in the game when all they need is maybe a FG. i thought one of those games was what you were talking about.

2+2=5, for Mick

Last edited:
we DID play Wyo a couple times under Rick.....one game they flat hand to us at Folsom. they fumble in the RZ late in the game when all they need is maybe a FG.
1996 - actually, Wyoming just needed to run the clock out and were in Buffs territory before the poor Wyo RB (who had a great day) got stripped and Merkerson ran in back into FG territory. Buffs drove to the 1 before Aldrich kicked the game winning FG, 20-19. And I was there, too.

PXNLVWELJXKYEZH.20090917224955.jpg

:ban: This is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. You must be out of your ******* mind. Leave the colors alone with the exception of matching the pants and helmet. CU has a great look with the older unis. No need to tweak perfection.

Exactly. What the hell are you smoking, Nash? leave that sea salt sh*t alone!

Black helmet worn in '98. I wouldn't mind seeing a variation of this once a year or two

2904820207_e1ce88e974_o.jpg

Ole Miss did wear gray jerseys against Auburn (Auburn wore their blue jerseys), CSU wore gold jerseys against Wyoming, and Southern Miss wore gold jerseys against Idaho in one game as well.

lg_roberg_ap_01.jpg

Having black helmets & pants with either silver or gold jerseys for road games would be neat.

I think this is worth a try on the NCAA FB TeamBuilder website when I get home. Any good uniform editor stuff out there?

~
~

Those two jerseys would go with black pants that are solid...no lines on the sides.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Helmet Project and I looked at Washington State's new silver helmet which is flat in color and not shiny like in the past. I would hate to see CU get a new gold helmet that is flat akin to WSU's new helmet so they would match better with the gold pants that CU gets from Nike.

Anyone think about that possibility?

:scared2:

Enough!!!

All this talk about changing uniforms and color schemes eventually leads to this:

Dr093008c.jpg

Black tops. Gold pants. Gold helmets with the black CU Pigalo logo. Just like what we had last year. No more messing around. EVER.

sacky,

I don't think we ever will go back to that powder blue color or any other color. That shouldn't even be a concern.

Enough!!!

All this talk about changing uniforms and color schemes eventually leads to this:

Dr093008c.jpg

Black tops. Gold pants. Gold helmets with the black CU Pigalo logo. Just like what we had last year. No more messing around. EVER.
You're stuck in the past. Recruits like flashy uniforms, it's as simple as that. We don't have the tradition in our uniforms that Bama or Michigan has and ours aren't flashy in the least. Embree will NEVER let the blue tops come back though.

sacky,

I don't think we ever will go back to that powder blue color or any other color. That shouldn't even be a concern.

Oh sure. That's what you say now. Back in 1979 or thereabouts, some idot was sitting around at CU thinking of "neat" stuff to come up with for the school colors. The next thing you know, we're wearing powder blue. This is not a road we want to go down. Not even a peek. Stick with what is good and righteous.

You're stuck in the past. Recruits like flashy uniforms, it's as simple as that. We don't have the tradition in our uniforms that Bama or Michigan has and ours aren't flashy in the least. Embree will NEVER let the blue tops come back though.

Recruits like winning. Recruits like facilities. Recruits like hot chicks with big tits. Flashy uniforms is pretty damn far down on their list of what they are looking for in a school. I think it's time to put the whole "Recruits like goofy uniforms" argument to rest once and for all. It leads down a path we don't want to go.

Recruits like winning. Recruits like facilities. Recruits like hot chicks with big tits. Flashy uniforms is pretty damn far down on their list of what they are looking for in a school. I think it's time to put the whole "Recruits like goofy uniforms" argument to rest once and for all. It leads down a path we don't want to go.
Of course they like winning but they also like having flashy uniforms, it's just a part of the culture for 18-19 year olds.

Of course they like winning but they also like having flashy uniforms, it's just a part of the culture for 18-19 year olds.

Recruits won't give a **** what our uniform looks like if we're winning.

Not sure why old people are trying to argue with someone who is a year or the same age as these recruits.

The fact is that recruits DO like flashy uniforms. Solution (Compromise?): wear a new Nike Pro Combat design two to three times a year and the "traditional" uniforms the rest of the time.

I'd like to see an entire season of the same uni's home and away, no blackouts, no whiteouts, no gold rush, just the standard uni's, learn to fear them

Back