1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado men's basketball: Buffs' King ready to make impact

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sockdolager, Jun 20, 2014.

1. sockdolager

sockdolager Club Member Club Member

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I didn't see this in the news feed so I thought I'd post it here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"You feel like, 'I'm ready to go,'" King said when looking back at those games. "At that time, I didn't realize that I didn't know as much as I thought I knew. That's why I spent some time on the bench."
    [/FONT]
    http://www.timescall.com/buffzone/ci_25982525/colorado-mens-basketball-buffs-king-ready-make-impact

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm really hoping the lightbulb has come on.

That quote sounds good.

King has the potential to be a plus rebounder and plus defender for the 2 or 3 with the ability to get to the rim or knock down a 3. I've always liked his upside. As a freshman, I didn't like his maturity.

Also, Tad must really like his rotation for this coming season with the players he already has because the Howell article this morning said that he's looking to either bank the open scholarship for 2015 or take a transfer who would sit out this year.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I wonder what hole Tad wants to fill for the year after this that's not as pressing for this year? I was hoping we'd get a shooting guard right away, but maybe he's looking to replace Jelly one year out?

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

King showed flashes early last year of what his potential is when we were playing lower competition. Once he got to the deep end, he couldn't stay afloat. If those flashes can turn into a consistent performance, he will be a much better player than most expected.