What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Needs To Be Proactive

'Tini just told me that he doesn't care what changes are made to Folsom as long we keep the trough-style urinals in the bathrooms. He tends to enjoy the pee breaks more then the actual games. I'll leave it at that.
You stalking me bro?

Wasn't there some document out there that detailed a proposal that had been submitted to CU for construction of a practice facility and/or parking facility on Franklin Field? I can't find it anywhere

Wasn't there some document out there that detailed a proposal that had been submitted to CU for construction of a practice facility and/or parking facility on Franklin Field? I can't find it anywhere

Yeah, there was. They even had renderings of the facility, but I can't find it either. Build it over Franklin, put several levels of parking underneath it and one special level on top of it just for the old alumni that refuse to adjust where they tailgate. They could even make extra large parking spaces just for tailgating and charge a **** ton to park up there. Plant some trees up there.

Yeah, there was. They even had renderings of the facility, but I can't find it either. Build it over Franklin, put several levels of parking underneath it and one special level on top of it just for the old alumni that refuse to adjust where they tailgate. They could even make extra large parking spaces just for tailgating and charge a **** ton to park up there. Plant some trees up there.

**** trees we want grass.

Cannot build a permanent structure down there by Boulder Creek. It is a flood zone. That's the whole reason for the temporary bubble.

Cannot build a permanent structure down there by Boulder Creek. It is a flood zone. That's the whole reason for the temporary bubble.
Bull****. the WTC was built in a flood zone. Just put up a retaining wall.

retaining walls, stilts, deep, and high concrete foundations. Not that difficult to over come a flood plain that is flooded once every 100 years.

put it up on stilts and it doesnt affect the flood plane. However if they were to put in anywhere I guarantee that franklin field would be candidate#1

I love Folsom but it needs renovations. Bathrooms are falling apart, Balch is a dump and needs to be redone, bleachers need to be fixed. We're going to fall behind in the arms race like we did in teh big 12 if we're not proactive.

I am really tired of you complaining about the bleachers in the student section. They are **** and have always been ****. You shouldn't be sober enough to notice them anyway.

I am really tired of you complaining about the bleachers in the student section. They are **** and have always been ****. You shouldn't be sober enough to notice them anyway.
This is what, the second time I've complained about them?

I was recruited for football at CU, but had to turn them down because of state of the bleachers in the student section.

I'm going to a CU alumni event today where Bohn is speaking. Hopefully there will be some time for Q & A as I plan on asking plenty of questions pertaining to future plans.

I'm going to a CU alumni event today where Bohn is speaking. Hopefully there will be some time for Q & A as I plan on asking plenty of questions pertaining to future plans.

Please ask him about the status of new video boards. That needs to get done, like yesterday. Compared to the other capital improvements, it seems like a relatively inexpensive and quick fix.

here you go guys, don't know if this was already posted but this is the athletics master plan... enjoy.

http://fm.colorado.edu/planning/documents/athletics_masterplan.pdf

one thing that look interesting is they really want to put the practice facility on the very northern edge of franklin. If they build it correctly they only lose a very small portion of the field.

Vision 2010? Is there anything newer than this? Seems like we're due for a new strategic plan, if this is the latest/greatest.

All the improvements in the plan look like smart ones. It is especially interesting with regards to the development to softball and baseball. I like that they could help get it approved by having them as community fields, with small competition stadiums for our teams. Since we are just starting its not like we need some mega stadium for either. The plan for Folsom also looks great. Seating would be up around 60,000 the bathrooms would all be renovated, the boxes would be upgraded on both sides. The tightening of the run on ramp for the team create a great game day experience. The new video boards are going up anyway, the lights have already been done, a hall of fame/gift shop on that end of campus makes a lot of sense especially with a huge parking garage right there. I would be interested in seeing those expansions to Coors. On the east and west side where they appear to be filling in the gap between the doors. The problem with the football stuff is it was 130,000,000. However given the new 30 million a year we will eventually be making I suppose it would not be to bad.

For those who don't want to scroll through all of it, page 73 starts the design concept illustrations.

the absolute best place for a baseball field would be right the lot across from the law building. The lot is already shaped perfectly, just get rid of the taco bell, beau jo's and the other business and we can go to town.

cu_baseball.jpg

Really? I thought they had to be within building codes for the city.

for the most part, however an example; CU does not have to follow the height restrictions that the rest of the city does. Buildings have to be up to structural and safety codes, but on university property there are alot of city codes that don't apply.

Back