What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Needs To Be Proactive

I would like to see how that facility actually impacts the Vol's performance on the field. No doubt that its looks awesome and will sway a ton of recruits, I just wonder if that level training facility translates to more wins.

To circle back on what this means for football success:

1 - we need to make sure that our team has all the stuff it needs to train and meet so that we're not at a competitive disadvantage
2 - we need recruits (and current players) to get that "this is big time football" feeling when they go into our facilities
3 - we need fans to feel like they're in a big time sports environment when they attend a game

I put those in order of priority, but I would also say that when a facility has become so out of date that it has become an embarrassment (video boards, bathrooms, Balch, press box), then it's time to spend on #3 before doing some of the things we'd like to do with #s 1 & 2.

There's so much that needs to be done, that I'd like to see a bunch of initiatives rolled into a single project rather than trying to piecemeal it. But if we have to continue the piecemeal approach, get us those video boards. Remodel stadium bathrooms. Throw a new coat of paint on the hallways. Stuff like that, similar to what's been done with permanent lights at Folsom or the new video and ribbon boards at the Keg.

To circle back on what this means for football success:

1 - we need to make sure that our team has all the stuff it needs to train and meet so that we're not at a competitive disadvantage
2 - we need recruits (and current players) to get that "this is big time football" feeling when they go into our facilities
3 - we need fans to feel like they're in a big time sports environment when they attend a game

I put those in order of priority, but I would also say that when a facility has become so out of date that it has become an embarrassment (video boards, bathrooms, Balch, press box), then it's time to spend on #3 before doing some of the things we'd like to do with #s 1 & 2.

There's so much that needs to be done, that I'd like to see a bunch of initiatives rolled into a single project rather than trying to piecemeal it. But if we have to continue the piecemeal approach, get us those video boards. Remodel stadium bathrooms. Throw a new coat of paint on the hallways. Stuff like that, similar to what's been done with permanent lights at Folsom or the new video and ribbon boards at the Keg.

don't bring up the keg, that place needs a ton of work too.

Any Folsom expansion should inlcude closing off the north side, would look much better. (Don't know who to credit for this pic)

ClosedNorthEndLargerBuffVision.jpg

Any Folsom expansion should inlcude closing off the north side, would look much better. (Don't know who to credit for this pic)

ClosedNorthEndLargerBuffVision.jpg
We need to fill Folsom first before we expand but I agree.

Oh and for the people against fixing the bleachers, if the stadium is being renovated why not fix the bleachers why we're at it?

We need to fill Folsom first before we expand but I agree.

Oh and for the people against fixing the bleachers, if the stadium is being renovated why not fix the bleachers why we're at it?

Why don't you get a screwdriver and 300 of your facebook friends and go fix them yourself.

'Tini, I've noticed you complain a lot when it comes to game day experiences. You've complained about security. You've complained about the color of our t-shirts. You've complained about the bleachers. And so on. So that makes me wonder, do you ever have a good time? I can honestly tell you that I do not remember one thing that I just had to bitch about when I attended games at Folsom (other than losses). I wouldn't change a thing about my experiences because it's always been great. Why are you like this?

'Tini, I've noticed you complain a lot when it comes to game day experiences. You've complained about security. You've complained about the color of our t-shirts. You've complained about the bleachers. And so on. So that makes me wonder, do you ever have a good time? I can honestly tell you that I do not remember one thing that I just had to bitch about when I attended games at Folsom (other than losses). I wouldn't change a thing about my experiences because it's always been great. Why are you like this?
Admittedly, about 80% of the time I bitch, I do it to stir people up. I have a fantastic time at games. I bitch about losses, but you can only do that so much, and it's been worn out the past 5 years.

Do you really think that 'tini who doesn't want to be in a fraternity because he "needs his privacy" should be calling other people whiney bitches?
Sorry man it's nice to have a room to yourself, a clean apartment, and still able to go to frat parties without dealing with the dirtiness.

Truth be told, it's likely that the bleachers get some attention soon since it's a safety/liability issue. But this doesn't seem like something that anyone under 40 should be bitching about.

Truth be told, it's likely that the bleachers get some attention soon since it's a safety/liability issue. But this doesn't seem like something that anyone under 40 should be bitching about.

[Mike Gundy]So, only I can bitch about them? Awesome.

THE BLEACHERS ARE GARBAGE! AND THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE BLEACHERS, ARE GARBAGE!!!![/Mike Gundy]

Cleanliness is your worry with frats?

Your worry should be the douchebagedness that pervades frats

Cleanliness is your worry with frats?

Your worry should be the douchebagedness that pervades frats

:nod:

I don't think you get to go first on the gangrapes until your senior year. That, I think, is the biggest drawback.

As a pledge, you have to clean up, so I guess the "cleanliness" factor does come into play.

Also - if you're in a frat at CU then you're doing it wrong. CU is all about house parties, not crappy frat parties.

I apologize if it was mentioned but I didn't slog through all 14 pages to see if it was mentioned. AFA recently completed a 15 million dollar, state of the art facility. Its said to be top faculty in the country. Granted it was privately funded but the new rev stream could get us there. Im taking a tour of the facility in Oct. and I look forward to seeing it and how CU could replicate something similar. I don't think you have to have a 50little million dollar facilty

I apologize if it was mentioned but I didn't slog through all 14 pages to see if it was mentioned. AFA recently completed a 15 million dollar, state of the art facility. Its said to be top faculty in the country. Granted it was privately funded but the new rev stream could get us there. Im taking a tour of the facility in Oct. and I look forward to seeing it and how CU could replicate something similar. I don't think you have to have a 50little million dollar facilty

are you talking football? damn 15 millions seems way to cheap. here is a link if you guys want to see what they are building:

http://hac.usafa.org/

<a href="http://hac.usafa.org/" target="_blank">[video=youtube;NDkjpB9yRCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=NDkjpB9yRCk[/video]

Last edited:
are you talking football? damn 15 millions seems way to cheap. here is a link if you guys want to see what they are building:

http://hac.usafa.org/

Its built. AFA is using it now. My old man whose 65 AFA grad was at the ribbon cutting. The contractor is local but has built lots of projects. I'm hoping Bohn went down and toured the faculty.

Seeing the re-play of Ralphie's pre-game run at Invesco over and over again on the front page got me to thinking that it would be very cool to have a more permanent pen/chute for her at Folsom.

I don't know where they would put it; Farrand, Franklin, or the current practice field area; but they do need new updates to the fields and a new practice facility. I always thought something that looked out at the mountains, taking advantage of the natural beauty there would be a great selling point vs other schools facilities. Maybe a huge glass wall tha encompassed the mountain range. It would of course have to be several stories tall. A roof top practice field? It didn't use to be like this, but schools are pumping so much money in these facilities, seems smart to use something the majority of these others don't have. Wish I had the money to make this happen, but I'm not there...yet.

I don't know where they would put it; Farrand, Franklin, or the current practice field area; but they do need new updates to the fields and a new practice facility. I always thought something that looked out at the mountains, taking advantage of the natural beauty there would be a great selling point vs other schools facilities. Maybe a huge glass wall tha encompassed the mountain range. It would of course have to be several stories tall. A roof top practice field? It didn't use to be like this, but schools are pumping so much money in these facilities, seems smart to use something the majority of these others don't have. Wish I had the money to make this happen, but I'm not there...yet.

I'd be shocked if they put an indoor practice facility on Farrand Field - not happening.

I'd be shocked if they put an indoor practice facility on Farrand Field - not happening.

I was originally thinking over by the basketball stadium. But that area looks like it's under construction. The school seems to be running out of room, or is that my imagination?

Back