What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado or Tennessee

Bingo. I've been to over 500 cities in 38 countries in the past 14 years and the only place I can see myself living would be Canberra; it's a distant second.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Boulder some day. My second would be Nelson, New Zealand (or one of the smaller towns in the area).

We're heading to Michigan next Summer. Going to spend a few days at Macinac Island to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Mrs. Sacky loves the movie "Somewhere in Time", which was filmed at the Grand Hotel on Macinac. Alaska will be on a cruise someday. Idaho will probably get by heading up to Yellowstone and camping. Vermont will be tricky. Not sure how we'll get that one.

CU game versus UMass. Easy to get to Vermont from Boston.

I was actually trying to get to all 50 states (had to spend the night for it to count). After spending time in places like Mississippi, I changed my mind and just keep going back to the nice places.

Bull****. Absolutely no reason to have to stay the night in North Dakota. Driving all day from one side of that state to another then getting across the border to stay in Miles City counts in my book. 2nd worst state to drive through right behind Nebraska.

Bull****. Absolutely no reason to have to stay the night in North Dakota. Driving all day from one side of that state to another then getting across the border to stay in Miles City counts in my book. 2nd worst state to drive through right behind Nebraska.

i would add kansas to that list.

Top 5 states for amazing - not in any particular order
California - (death valley, Tahoe, Yosemite, SFO, beaches, mountains, people)
Hawaii - its not called tropical paradise for nothing
Utah - just love the Colorado plateau. Bryce, Zion, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, lake Powell. Also park city and bonneville flats.
Colorado - duh.
Louisiana - food, music, bayou, football. Not texas or Florida.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Boulder some day. My second would be Nelson, New Zealand (or one of the smaller towns in the area).

I passed through Picton a bunch never made it to Nelson but that whole region of NZL is great, especially if you have the habit of tipping a few back like I do.

I passed through Picton a bunch never made it to Nelson but that whole region of NZL is great, especially if you have the habit of tipping a few back like I do.
Hops everywhere. Mapua. Stay at the campground--clothes are optional in January.

Utah - just love the Colorado plateau. Bryce, Zion, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, lake Powell. Also park city and bonneville flats.
Colorado - duh.

Louisiana is a complete **** hole. I've spent time there as well. New Orleans is cool i guess, but the rest of the state is a hot, humid, LSU loving, ignorant disaster.

Louisiana is a complete **** hole. I've spent time there as well. New Orleans is cool i guess, but the rest of the state is a hot, humid, LSU loving, ignorant disaster.

You say that like its a bad thing.
In guess I've just been lucky to have favorable personal interactions with dat dem Cajuns, Creole and Coonasses.

In guess I've just been lucky to have favorable personal interactions with dat dem Cajuns, Creole and Coonasses.

I'm with you. I think that area is awesome. Interesting history and a unique style.

Colorado - duh.

I'm with you. I think that area is awesome. Interesting history and a unique style.

Skidmark, I absolutely love your list and for the same reasons you give. I have lived in Colorado since 1981(and love it) but grew up in Louisiana. My entire family still resides in Louisiana so I visit the state regularly.

Most of the comments from the quotes about Louisiana are accurate. It’s hot, humid, and LSU loving (I think most babys come home from the hospital with a LSU jersey on). I’m ignoring the ignorant disaster comment.

The state’s best asset may be the warmth, openness, and hospitality of the people of Louisiana. If you can’t have a good time in New Orleans you just can’t have a good time period.

My best memories from my childhood involve bass fishing, frog gigging, water moccasin hunting, duck hunting, mud bogging, and squirrel hunting. Think Duck Dynasty.

Last edited:
interesting 3 of those 4 are nice places.

I assume you're referring to Idaho, Alaska and Vermont. However, outside of Detroit, Michigan is supposed to be very nice as well. The UP is supposed to be fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Skidmark, I absolutely love your list and for the same reasons you give. I have lived in Colorado since 1981(and love it) but grew up in Louisiana. My entire family still resides in Louisiana so I visit the state regularly.

Most of the comments from the quotes about Louisiana are accurate. It’s hot, humid, and LSU loving (I think most babys come home from the hospital with a LSU jersey on). I’m ignoring the ignorant disaster comment.

The state’s best asset may be the warmth, openness, and hospitality of the people of Louisiana. If you can’t have a good time in New Orleans you just can’t have a good time period.

My best memories from my childhood involve bass fishing, frog gigging, water moccasin hunting, duck hunting, mud bogging, and squirrel hunting. Think Duck Dynasty.
Awesome childhood.

I assume you're referring to Idaho, Alaska and Vermont. However, outside of Detroit, Michigan is supposed to be very nice as well. The UP is supposed to be fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Outside of Detroit, Flint & the quad Cities, Michigan is beautiful and friendly. Would never live there, but not a bad place to travel to at all.

The people of Louisiana is the reason this state made the list.

I've learned that living in a beautiful place does not make a person beautiful.

True beauty comes from the how a person treats others. The Louisiana culture values food, drink, music, a love of their bottom lands, and a celebration of their own unique identity. Lesse le bon temps roule.
This is a place where people work to live, not vice versa.

I find the Louisiana emphasis on celebration and enjoying the company of others to be refreshing. This is why Duck Dynasty is so enjoyable.

I found your post, sockdolager, celebrating how your hardware store met the needs of your flood ravaged community to contain the essence of Louisiana's charm. It makes perfect sense that your love of grilling meat and providing for your community is rooted in Louisiana. You are not the kind of asshole who would, for example, seek attention by defending the selfish act of texting at a red light.

In contrast, I find Colorado culture to emphasize individual competitive excellence, and the pursuit of finding a higher, more enlightened state. What sometimes gets lost is that sitting down with grandma, a piano, and a nice bottle of wine just might be more fun than a powder day.

We're heading to Michigan next Summer. Going to spend a few days at Macinac Island to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Mrs. Sacky loves the movie "Somewhere in Time", which was filmed at the Grand Hotel on Macinac. Alaska will be on a cruise someday. Idaho will probably get by heading up to Yellowstone and camping. Vermont will be tricky. Not sure how we'll get that one.

You start at Mystic Seaport and then work your way north. Remember, this is New England. States are the size of counties out west. You can travel through four states in about four hours in New England.

The people of Louisiana is the reason this state made the list.

I've learned that living in a beautiful place does not make a person beautiful.

True beauty comes from the how a person treats others. The Louisiana culture values food, drink, music, a love of their bottom lands, and a celebration of their own unique identity. Lesse le bon temps roule.
This is a place where people work to live, not vice versa.

I find the Louisiana emphasis on celebration and enjoying the company of others to be refreshing. This is why Duck Dynasty is so enjoyable.

I found your post, sockdolager, celebrating how your hardware store met the needs of your flood ravaged community to contain the essence of Louisiana's charm. It makes perfect sense that your love of grilling meat and providing for your community is rooted in Louisiana. You are not the kind of asshole who would, for example, seek attention by defending the selfish act of texting at a red light.

In contrast, I find Colorado culture to emphasize individual competitive excellence, and the pursuit of finding a higher, more enlightened state. What sometimes gets lost is that sitting down with grandma, a piano, and a nice bottle of wine just might be more fun than a powder day.
My grandmas are both dead. Does this mean I always get to choose the powder day?

I learn a lot about traffic, pedestrians and bikes when I'm at a red light. I don't think it's a good time to disengage from driving.

I just try not to make eye contact with the homeless people.

Coloradoans are dicks. Especially Front Rangers, and particularly people from Boulder County. It's okay to say it. Other than a short gig studying abroad, I've lived here all my life. We're all über-competitive, we all think we're better than everyone else, and we're generally smug and arrogant about where we live.

I always laugh when I spend some time driving around Wisconsin visiting the in-laws, and then I come back and drive here. We drive like **** and blame everyone else for it.

Colorado is full of East and West coast anti-socials who moved here in the past 3 generations and couldn't handle the crowds in their home cities. They transplanted here, erected 6' privacy fences, don't know their neighbors outside of the obligatory wave in the street and drive like complete ****.

Coloradoans are dicks. Especially Front Rangers, and particularly people from Boulder County. It's okay to say it. Other than a short gig studying abroad, I've lived here all my life. We're all über-competitive, we all think we're better than everyone else, and we're generally smug and arrogant about where we live.

I always laugh when I spend some time driving around Wisconsin visiting the in-laws, and then I come back and drive here. We drive like **** and blame everyone else for it.

No I drive great, it's the other dumbasses on the road

Sent from a red light

Back