1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado Pride

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Yung Buffalo, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Yung Buffalo

Yung Buffalo Club Member Club Member

I was going to post this before but thought I'd wait to see if it happened again.

Two weeks ago I was watching Sunday night football between the packers and the saints. When announcing the starting offense for Green Bay, every player stated their name and what college they attended...except for one. "David Bakhtiari, Serra High School".

I thought it might have just been a one time thing, a nice shoutout to his high school. So, I refrained from posting this. Until just now, on Sunday night football again, I hear players proudly proclaiming their alma matters including Arizona and Oregon State, and then there's Bakhtiari putting his high school pride on full display with no mention of Colorado.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, or maybe I'm being nit-picky but it seems to me like a slap in the face to CU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Gramburglar

Gramburglar Literally has hundreds of dollars Club Member

Rogers called out his CC tonight, you are looking to far into it.

3. Yung Buffalo

I probably am.

4. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

He did the same thing two weeks ago on Sunday night, kind of lame, but whatever.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

He didn't graduate, did he?

6. Yung Buffalo

I don't think Jordy Nelson graduated from Kansas State either

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  7. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

I've heard they don't reshoot those intros before each game, probably all done before the season starts. So if he went high school, it'll be the same thing all season.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Is. And isn't.

Anyone that played at CU after about 2004 probably has little to no pride in the school. Particularly those of th last 5 years... I can't say that I blame them. Their HS coach is probably still HC.

9. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

You'll know it's bad if we see Solder say Simla HS (or wherever he came from) instead of CU. But at least it will still be a Colorado school!

10. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Nate graduated from Buena Vista High School.

And Nate played his whole career for one coach, Hawkins. While a buff, he received All America honors, was invited to play in the Senior Bowl, was a finalist for the Outland Trophy and All Big 12 Lineman of the Year. As a redshirt freshman, he played in the Independence Bowl in 2007 against Alabama (the last appearance by the Buffs in ANY bowl game.)[FONT=Cambria, serif][/FONT]

Let's just say some of the players who were recruited by one coach, and acquired another coach, had a very different college experience. And I'm not talking about winning/losing stats.

type type type, delete delete delete

Yeah, I get why he doesn't represent as a Buff.

11. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

That'd be lame. If I put in the amount of blood, sweat and tears that these players do, I'd be proud. Besides, lots to be proud of CU about besides football. Oh well...