1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado recruiting wrap

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Feb 3, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]COLORADO BUFFALOES

The 2011 class

[​IMG]Recruits: 19, including 18 high school and one JC player.

Top prospects: DL Stephan Nembot was a nice poach from Washington, and OL Marc Mustoe was lured away from UCLA. Sherrard Harrington could be in the mix immediately at cornerback.

Needs met: The class included four defensive backs, three linebackers, three offensive linemen, two running backs, two quarterbacks, two defensive ends, a receiver, a kicker and an athlete. The Buffaloes needed to upgrade team speed, with an emphasis in the secondary and at receiver. Four new DBs help but the results at receiver weren't as good.

Analysis: New coach Jon Embree got a late start but closed fairly well, snagging Nembot and OG Paulay Asiata away from the Huskies. Toss in Juda Parker and LB K.T. Tuumalo,*and Colorado ended up with perhaps the top three prospects from Hawaii, a good state in which to establish recruiting ties. It hurt losing QB Brock Bergland, the top prospect in the state to Kansas. Embree figures to do better next go-around when he gets a full year to plan and recruit. And he'll have to in order to quickly become competitive in the Pac-12.

ESPN recruiting grade: D

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-10 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

D :(

Well it's better than F.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

looks like RRSbot has made the conference switch. out goes Ubben, in goes Ted Miller. i know many here ragged on Ubben but i thought he does a reasonably good job. he puts out a lot of content, facts (which i like more than read some message boards/repeat dominant opinion/and call it "punditry"), and was OK. much better than Tim "UT and ATM" Griffin. his stuff felt like he worked about 5 minutes a day and riffed on whatever Kirk Bohls had going.

4. Daaah

I liked Ubben too. I thought he gave everyone a fair shake and called it as it was.

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

This grade reflects 10 months of Hawkins (in)activity. This grade is on the CUAD and school leadership.

Embree worked his butt off to keep this from being a solid F.

6. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think this class is better than a D on its own, and JE gets an A for getting the recruits they did land.

7. Daaah

No, I get it. We were in a tough spot.

What was hawk's first class ranked nationally? And his second?

8. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Disappointed, but not surprised. Miller even said in his blog that his view of CU is probably skewed by the Cal game last year. Once he gets a view of the "new and improved" version, he'll come around. Overall, I think he is pretty fair.