What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado reportedly reaches out to Utah State's Gary Andersen

Andersen gave a radio interview to a local radio show here in SLC yesterday. When asked about moving on to another (bigger/better) job, he said he would consider all of his options and then do what his heart tells him to do. Does that sound like a coach who's staying in Logan, UT?

Andersen gave a radio interview to a local radio show here in SLC yesterday. When asked about moving on to another (bigger/better) job, he said he would consider all of his options and then do what his heart tells him to do. Does that sound like a coach who's staying in Logan, UT?
sounds like a guy who is smelling some cash.

LB is a much different animal than QB. There's only one QB who gets any playing time. There are usually upwards of six linebackers who will see the field in any given game. There aren't any worries about beating out the coaches kid for playing time. If you're good at LB, you will see the field, even if there's some nepotism taking place.

His sons, like most of his team, are not BCS calibre athletes at this time. His son will have a spot and be well liked at USU even if he moves on.

FYI for those concerned about Andersen's lack of BCS experience

Chip Kelly before Oregon was at New Hampshire and Johns Hopkins

Jim Tressell was at Youngstown state for 15 years

FYI for those concerned about Andersen's lack of BCS experience

Chip Kelly before Oregon was at New Hampshire and Johns Hopkins

Jim Tressell was at Youngstown state for 15 years
Good examples except it's more relevant if they want straight from non-BCS to HC in BCS as opposed to assistant/coordinator.

THere are plenty of examples of success and failure when making the step up. That of course is what makes Bohn's job tricky right now.

Pardon me if I'm a little exhausted by all the examples. We've seen examples of guys who have succeeded and guys who have failed with just about every conceivable background imaginable. I'm beyond trying to make comparisons to some guy who either did well or fell on his face under the same circumstances.

Pardon me if I'm a little exhausted by all the examples. We've seen examples of guys who have succeeded and guys who have failed with just about every conceivable background imaginable. I'm beyond trying to make comparisons to some guy who either did well or fell on his face under the same circumstances.

True. There's is no perfect formula out there. Plenty of guys with good resumes have failed.

And there have been many proven and experienced coaches who have failed at other schools. Goes both ways. What I lke about Andersen is he built a winner out of a ****** program that had not had a winning season since 1996. He took schools like Oklahoma, Auburn, BYU and Wisconsin down to the wire.

Andersen being linked with Cal as well... why would he choose Boulder over Berkley? I can only think of a massive pay bump and guarantees regarding water, tables, and chairs.

I think Chris Peterson gets 1st shot, and I hear he is starting to get a little itchy about the ceiling at Boise State with the Big East turning into another Mountain West/WAC.

Man... some of you guys crack me up.

As a Ute I've been watching as Anderson totally turned around the program at Utah State after he left Utah. He manged what hadn't been done there in decades, the guy is the real deal and made that program relevant. Look at the progress there from year to year under him.

Even though he beat us this year in OT... It's hard not to be happy for Gary and what he's done there.

Now as far as CU goes... yes, the Buffs are no question a step up from USU... but seriously, it's also a mess right now.

Gary has another season like the last couple, he'll have his choice of programs to step up to. Honestly you guys would be lucky to get him. CU isn't the only job he could get offered making more money, and he might find better circumstances to build under somewhere else.

As a Ute... I hope you don't get him. This guy is gonna succeed.

I sure hope Mac hasn't made the environment so toxic that noone good wants to come. Of course we have plenty of other well documented challenges at CU but Mac's agenda is surely not helping.

I sure hope Mac hasn't made the environment so toxic that noone good wants to come. Of course we have plenty of other well documented challenges at CU but Mac's agenda is surely not helping.
You're not following along closely enough. The intel suggest that D-Root is the man. Don't know if it's true or not.

You're not following along closely enough. The intel suggest that D-Root is the man. Don't know if it's true or not.
Oh I'm following along closely-it's addicting. But depends on what source you trust, or even which thread you pay attention to here on AB. The thread on Bohn's preferences just suggested that Charlie Strong is the leading candidate. There's also a thread suggesting sources have reported 2 meetings b/w Bohn and Mangino.

My thought is Strong is not coming to CU-he is either staying at Louisville or he's going SEC. I don't buy Bohn is after Mangino for HC but maybe Football AD.

DeRuyter I buy and I would be thrilled with him. I think he is the perfect fit having prior experience in Colorado and experience in Texas and Cali. And also turnarounds. I'd probably put him #1 on my list so if it is true :thumbsup:

Oh I'm following along closely-it's addicting. But depends on what source you trust, or even which thread you pay attention to here on AB. The thread on Bohn's preferences just suggested that Charlie Strong is the leading candidate. There's also a thread suggesting sources have reported 2 meetings b/w Bohn and Mangino.

My thought is Strong is not coming to CU-he is either staying at Louisville or he's going SEC. I don't buy Bohn is after Mangino for HC but maybe Football AD.

DeRuyter I buy and I would be thrilled with him. I think he is the perfect fit having prior experience in Colorado and experience in Texas and Cali. And also turnarounds. I'd probably put him #1 on my list so if it is true :thumbsup:
Yeah. It's craziness. I'm hopeful all will be revealed by early next week.

How has Fresno State looked this year? Serious question. Please no jokes about how they looked against us :cry:

Back