What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

A tale of two halves.

85-63 Final, UW.

11 TOs first half. Only 1 in the 2nd.

The perimeter D was much improved 2nd half. I think Suggs leaving the first with over 6 minutes left (3 fouls) hurt quite a bit.

Great win for UW and the Pac. Loyola-MD is a team that will likely be dancing this year.

Better performance than I was expecting once the rust was shaken off...

Glad to see no humiliating losses as of yet, but I would expect UW to do this to a MAAC team. Yeah, Loyola-MD was a tournament team, but they were a 15 seed with a coach whose sanity is long, long gone. Considering last year, though, I am on board with taking nothing for granted OOC.

Crabbe and Cobbs look really good

Poor Cal State Bakersfield. Remember that random road game we played at their place, I think two years ago? They still haven't found a conference. They're on track to be the only independent, as New Orleans will be DIII next year. Wonder how long they can last like that.

Poor Cal State Bakersfield. Remember that random road game we played at their place, I think two years ago? They still haven't found a conference. They're on track to be the only independent, as New Orleans will be DIII next year. Wonder how long they can last like that.

How many of those who sit and judge them ever walked the streets of Bakersfield?

Glad to see no humiliating losses as of yet, but I would expect UW to do this to a MAAC team. Yeah, Loyola-MD was a tournament team, but they were a 15 seed with a coach whose sanity is long, long gone. Considering last year, though, I am on board with taking nothing for granted OOC.

This.

Loyola-Md may not be big time, but they were scrappy and out-hustled the Huskies. Last year UW probably would have lost the game. Their FG and FT percentages were significantly improved, but UW got pounded on the boards against a smaller team. Aziz can't be the sole rebounder this year. Brad Jackson's influence is already noticeable on the bench. I think the ceiling on this squad is lower than last year's but I think they will end up being a much improved and more consistent team overall, especially if they play the way they did in the 2nd half. Definitely more depth at this point. The loss of Kemp Jr. is brutal, hopefully he comes back healthy in January. Lots to work on still, and it's always best to look to improve when coming off a win.

This year more than any in recent memory is critical for all of our collective OOC games. I'll be rooting for all of the Pac squads until January. Why don't we just put Arizona, Cal, CU, Stanford, UCLA, UW and maybe another one into this year's Dance:thumbsup:

To get multiple bids we need to step up our OOC wins. So far, so good.

Oregon State notched what should prove to be a nice win for RPI by taking out NMSU tonight.

NMSU finished last season as the #64 RPI team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were Top 100 again this year.

Loyola (MD) was #75 last season, while Charleston Southern was #163 and CS-Bakersfield was #217.

Overall a solid night for the Pac-12.

(Wofford was #178 last season and should be Top 150 this year. Teams in that 100-199 range are where you can make your living with non-conference RPI -- assuming you beat them.)

Dayton was picked to finish 8th in the A-10 in their media poll. Keep in mind, however, just how strong the A-10 is, especially now that they have added VCU and Butler to the mix. To put it in perspective, Dayton is picked ahead of Xavier, Richmond and St. Bonaventure (all of whom have done their fair share of damage in the Dance recently).

I think we may have a slight edge on Dayton, but it's certainly a tough call, especially because we tend to be shaky at times in these early tournaments. This is going to be a good one.

Dayton was picked to finish 8th in the A-10 in their media poll. Keep in mind, however, just how strong the A-10 is, especially now that they have added VCU and Butler to the mix. To put it in perspective, Dayton is picked ahead of Xavier, Richmond and St. Bonaventure (all of whom have done their fair share of damage in the Dance recently).

I think we may have a slight edge on Dayton, but it's certainly a tough call, especially because we tend to be shaky at times in these early tournaments. This is going to be a good one.

The A10 is LOADED. 8th place in that conference this year will probably be good enough to dance. I surprised Xavier is so low, I know they lost some talent but Mack seems to be able to reload up there.

The A10 is LOADED. 8th place in that conference this year will probably be good enough to dance. I surprised Xavier is so low, I know they lost some talent but Mack seems to be able to reload up there.

8 bids? That's Big East level. They get 8 in, and I'm demanding an inquisition.

8 bids? That's Big East level. They get 8 in, and I'm demanding an inquisition.

Yep, and they have a Big East level 16 teams this year. Teams that are in the running, just as a guess from early season without having seen any of them play: a pretty clear top 5 of Butler, Temple, VCU, St. Joes, St Louis (we'll see how much Majerus' health holds them back) with other programs who can't be discounted in Dayton, Duquesne, UMass, URI, St Bonaventure and Xavier.

Tonight's games of note:

Portland State at Oregon (7:30, P12)
CS Fullerton at Stanford (9:30, P12)
Northern Arizona at UNLV (8:00, no TV)

Tonight's games of note:

West Virginia is playing at Gonzaga (10pm, ESPN). Should be a fun game to watch.

Tonight's games of note:

Oregon putting Portland State away with ease. The Ducks have Vanderbilt and @ UNLV coming up in two of their next three games, so we'll have a decent understanding of where they're at.

UNLV up early on Northern Arizona. Northern Arizona lost at Oregon 83-73 in their opener, and has an upcoming trip to Arizona as well before facing us.

(On a random, unrelated note that doesn't have anything to do with CU: The upset of the night has been Youngstown State going into Athens and beating Georgia 68-56. Starting to appear like Mark Fox has lost momentum and that they might be heading the wrong way...)

Last edited:
It took a while (tied at half), but Stanford has finally pulled away and is up big on Cal State Fullerton. In both of Stanford's two games - against San Francisco and Fullerton - they've started slowly, but after 25-30 minutes, they've pulled away. They've got two more games against cupcakes before facing #14 Mizzou in the Bahamas (loaded tournament that also includes Louisville, Duke, Memphis, VCU, Minnesota and Northern Iowa) and go on the road to #6 NCSU in about a month

Unrelated to CU, but #19 Gonzaga is absolutely destroying West Virginia right now. This Zags team has the potential to go deeper than they ever have in the Dance.

It took a while (tied at half), but Stanford has finally pulled away and is up big on Cal State Fullerton. In both of Stanford's two games - against San Francisco and Fullerton - they've started slowly, but after 25-30 minutes, they've pulled away. They've got two more games against cupcakes before facing #14 Mizzou in the Bahamas (loaded tournament that also includes Louisville, Duke, Memphis, VCU, Minnesota and Northern Iowa) and go on the road to #6 NCSU in about a month

Unrelated to CU, but #19 Gonzaga is absolutely destroying West Virginia right now. This Zags team has the potential to go deeper than they ever have in the Dance.
I have a bunch of friends at Gonzaga and I absolutely hate Gonzaga. That game was really upsetting and the zags look darn good.

Tonight's games of note:

* Michigan St @ Kansas (5:00, ESPN)
* Pepperdine @ Cal (7:30, P12)
* Long Beach St @ USC (7:30, P12)
* Albany @ Washington (7:30, P12)
* UC-Irvine @ UCLA (9:30, P12)

Tonight's games of note:

**** sake with the Pac-12 Network. DirecTV can die in a fiery wreck.

Tonight's games of note:

Potential opponent St. John's is playing Detroit right now on ESPN.

And maybe throw Kentucky/Duke in, because **** it, whether it has to do with us or not, it's Kentucky/Duke :thumbsup:

Sunday Ticket had already been purchased, and I don't want to throw that money away.

rumblin, who provides your high speed internet? if its comcast, which i have( and for tv i also have direct), i was able to go month to month adding HD cable w/ the sports networks(p12 of course included) for an additional $17 a month, HD DVR and no committment....recorded the wofford game and looked great though the talking heads commenting were not as desirable, and i'll just cancel after the buffs win the ncaa tourney.....

Stanford v CSF on p12n right now... stanford looking... less good then last year.

Back