What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

I hope the Runnin Utes can get back to their historical roots this season and run with some folks this year. Will help us tremendously with those 2nd legs

Yeah. Not this year or probably the next few years. It's a massive rebuilding job. But I do think they'll outwork most teams they play. I just want them to beat the awful teams on their OOC schedule and make conference opponents play 40 minutes so that teams aren't well-rested when they come to Boulder.

Josh Smith everybody

JOSH-SMITH-AIRBALL-LAYUP.gif

Actually been a decent game.

Last edited:
****ing assholes are gonna lose this game...i guess we are gonna have to carry this conference again this year... and uw lost to albany?

So much for UCLA being a fringe top 10 team :lol: not even close. They've got a handful of top tier OOC games remaining. This UCLA team could end up with 10 regular season losses unless they get **** figured out.

Last edited:
UCLA is going to give everyone problems. They can beat anyone in the nation. What we need to find out is if they're also the UCLA of late that can also lose to anyone in the nation.
yup they look to be that one team yet again although they may find a way to escape

So we've got UCLA in overtime with UC-Irvine, Arizona was in a battle with Charleston Southern the other day, and Washington lost to Albany tonight. Yeah, I'd say the Buffs have a shot at winning this conference again.

Yes I think there is still one more year left on the window to claim the top of the conference. Buffs have to seize that opportunity. Its still early, and there is a lot of time before conference play but I really don't like what I have seen from UW, Zona, or UCLA

UCLA looks to be taking control in OT, but I don't trust their defense.

Really need for them to escape.

And as soon as I post that UCLA misses 2 FTs and Wear fouls out. Ugh.

Pathetic. Great, they won :rolling_eyes:, but UCLA is a fraud right now. They've got Georgetown coming up soon, and potentially Indiana the day after that. Also have San Diego State, Texas and Mizzou on their schedule. Do you trust UCLA to represent the Pac and win more than 1 of those games (if any?). I sure don't after tonight. Again, keep in mind that Arizona looked quite shaky as well against Charleston Southern (don't mistake them for College of Charleston). The two supposed top teams in the Pac have looked like ****. Washington lost to Albany, and Oregon has looked like garbage. On the bright side, nothing much at this point...early returns are that USC definitely appears much improved. Jury is still out on Stanford and Cal.

Clear opportunity here for CU to gain the Pac some respect and compete to repeat as champions.

I know UCLA is in the same boat we are with youth and limited senior leadership, but man that was ugly. Like really ugly. They have to turn that around quickly because as CVille said it could get awful for UCLA in a hurry.

It's really early. What matters is that they get wins.

But I completely agree that I'm not seeing any complete teams in the Pac-12 right now.

Cal's probably playing the best basketball (Monty always seems to have his teams playing well early). But the upside is clearly in Tucson and Westwood.

Wednesday's games involving CU opponents, not exactly the most exciting:

Fresno State at UC-Riverside
Utah Valley at Washington State
North Carolina Central at Wyoming

Pathetic. Great, they won :rolling_eyes:, but UCLA is a fraud right now. They've got Georgetown coming up soon, and potentially Indiana the day after that. Also have San Diego State, Texas and Mizzou on their schedule. Do you trust UCLA to represent the Pac and win more than 1 of those games (if any?). I sure don't after tonight. Again, keep in mind that Arizona looked quite shaky as well against Charleston Southern (don't mistake them for College of Charleston). The two supposed top teams in the Pac have looked like ****. Washington lost to Albany, and Oregon has looked like garbage. On the bright side, nothing much at this point...early returns are that USC definitely appears much improved. Jury is still out on Stanford and Cal.

Clear opportunity here for CU to gain the Pac some respect and compete to repeat as champions.

One thing I'm really interested to see with Oregon is what kind of impact Arik Armstead makes when he joins the team after football season. That's a lot of beef to add and it should open up the court, improve rebounding, and improve defense. Plus, Altman is a damn good coach. They'll get better.

Wednesday's games involving CU opponents, not exactly the most exciting:

Fresno State at UC-Riverside
Utah Valley at Washington State
North Carolina Central at Wyoming

Wyoming took care of business.
Wazzu is up by 30 with under 5 minutes to play.
Fresno is in a tough one so far -- up 6 with about 5 minutes left in the 1st half.

Fresno won 39-30 over UC-Riverside. They went more than 9 minutes without either team scoring in the 2nd half.

Fresno won 39-30 over UC-Riverside. They went more than 9 minutes without either team scoring in the 2nd half.

Great. They suck but they're getting wins. Perfect combo for an OOC matchup later on.

LOL, was just about to mention this. Absolutely atrocious, 13-11 at half. YMCA youth league. Should beat these guys with ease, even on the road.

Washington State and Wyoming also took care of business in their cupcake games.

Today's Games:

* Alabama vs Oregon State - NYC 2K Sports Classic (5:00, ESPN2)
* Alcorn St @ Stanford (7:00, P12)
* UTEP @ Arizona (8:00, Fox Sports)
* James Madison @ UCLA (9:00, P12)
* South Dakota @ Wyoming (7:00, No TV)

CSU & Air Force play patsies (Chadron State & Western State respectively).

Buffs are about to get a nice RPI bumb w/ the chance to play Baylor in SC! Really, you don't even need to win, just playing a team like that helps.

The 3 biggest RPI games in the non-conference for us heading into this year were:

Dayton (neutral court)
CSU (home)
Wyoming (away)

One down, two to go.

Baylor and KU are huge opportunities, but they weren't RPI must-wins. Neutral and road losses to those teams won't hurt our chances. But, man, those would be the types of wins that would pretty much guarantee the Dance if we win the rest of the games that we should.

Back