1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado Springs Gazette Future Of Football

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Wise Old Man, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Ok. SO i live in colorado Springs. I read "The Gazette" at work, which is our bigger news paper down here. And there was an article on Colorado Sports and college football. I think it was called. "The Future Of Colorado Sports." Now I looked for it online but couldn't find it, so I will have to paraphrase this crackpots projection.

"In 2010 the Number 1 in the nation (12-1) Air Force Falcons will Host Nebraska also 12-1 For the national championship. "..

:sad2:

Are you Kidding me...? No mention of Colorado Buffs. And to give his futuristic Kudos the Nebraska... WTF...

Anyone else see this >....<
    ????
    If someone finds the link too or finds it online please post a link. i will keep looking.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I've lived in Denver since '87 and I could not have told you the name of the CS paper...enough said.

3. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

is this from that boob Ralph Routon? I hope that hack has retired and moved on.

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

not on the website...

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The Gazette is a joke and has been for years. If you think the Rocky has problems the Gazette makes them look like a model of business stability. It has been losing readers at a rapid rate and the management refuses to invest in anything to save it.

They hate the Buffs because they represent everything the MWC wants and doesn't have. They kiss kNU *** because there are a ton of escapees from that cesspool in Colorado Springs.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not sure what there is to get mad at here.

7. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

We have a newspaper here in CS?

I had no idea...
    :popcorn:

8. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Hahaha. Yea.... Well honestly what i am upset about is just the fact that I don't think, since i have been alive colorado as a state has not recognized CU as it's premier team. not once. And look... I know afa is our military team, and no one could ever find a good reason to root against them , (eh...) but i am having a hard time being happy for them, or for CSU. call it selfish. But them in the spotlight with Nebraska does NOT make me excited.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i went to CC, lived in the Springs for 3 years and if there is more crap bag newspaper than the Gazette i don't know what it is....and there is a lot of competition, no doubt.

10. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Maybe I should send a gift sub of the Lubbock Avalanche Journal. I grew up with the Gazette in the house and hate Routon to this day. Then I came here to paradise and took the Av Journal for about a year. It was all I could stand. Spent some extra dough for good quality high speed and that was the end of that. The biggest gripe I had with the Gazette as a kid was never enough Buff news. It sounds like things haven't changed

11. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

It's hard to blame them for being a homer for the home team. If you lived if Fort Collins you think the Buffs would get more play up there?

When I was an intern at The Gazette in the mid 90s it was a great paper. It has some Pulitzer winners on staff. But I got there right at the end. We covered Air Force AND The Buffs every home game. At that time they looked well beyond the Springs at the state as their coverage area. Unfortunately, that was also the beginning of an industry wide trend to ignore larger stories and focus on more local stuff. My first staff job was at the Greeley Trib. Everytime I went to Denver to cover some event they told me to find a "Greeley angle" or make sure someone from Greeley was in the picture. :rolleyes:

12. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Do they charge for the paper?

13. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I imagine they do although they are always offering free ones at King Soopers.

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

They used to give out free DP's at King Soopers. I would always say, "sure I'll take one". Inevitably, they would ask if I subscribed, to which I would respond, "no". Then the pitch for a subscription was made. I would say I'd subscribe if they would deliver for free. The DP wasn't worth anything to me, I would explain, but because I was a nice guy I'd increase their circulation if they'd just drop it by my house for free instead of having to grab a free copy at KS.:smile2: