What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado To Take On Ohio State In 2011 If They Can Complete The Move To The Pac-10 Ne

didn't say i was scared to play them, but it just kinda came outta nowhere. and the first thought i had was "massacre."

Would that be the Navy team that went 10-4 last year? The same Navy that beat Notre Dame last year? The same Navy that beat Mizzou by 3 touchdowns last year?

Yeah, that Navy team sucked alright.
Oh ya. That great ND team that fired thier coach and lost to Uconn. Lets not forget how ****ing great Mizzou was losing at home to Baylor and with 5 overall losses. Everyone in the B12 has the goal of going to the Texass Bowl.

Good way for the new coach to get his teeth kicked in.

If you going to play on national TV in Ohio you play the Buckeyes not Toledo. This is not even a game they have to win. Keep it close and you build confidence on the field and you also get the attention of everyone from recruits to your future opponents. But the way you think we should just tuck our dicks until they look like lady parts and run from any top ranking opposition.

Oh ya. That great ND team that fired thier coach and lost to Uconn. Lets not forget how ****ing great Mizzou was losing at home to Baylor and with 5 overall losses. Everyone in the B12 has the goal of going to the Texass Bowl.

That same Mizzou team stomped the dog**** out of Colorado. And UConn went 8-5 last year, and won a bowl game, dumb****.

Playing heavyweights is fine and dandy when you are a heavyweight yourself, or have aspirations of being a heavyweight. This Colorado team has been terrible and hasn't won a ****ing road game in 4 years. Now you want to go to OHIO STATE for a road game?

If Colorado keeps scheduling these out-of-conference games EVERY year, you can count on CU changing coaches every 5 years or so, because none of them are going to be able to make it go with that schedule.

The ONLY good thing about playing Ohio State is the $2 mil revenue.

My question is --- is this game to replace the CAL game which is currently scheduled for 2011? Does that mean that CU will only have five (5) home games, and will only play ONE (1) non-conference home game (Fresno State)?

If you going to play on national TV in Ohio you play the Buckeyes not Toledo. This is not even a game they have to win. Keep it close and you build confidence on the field and you also get the attention of everyone from recruits to your future opponents. But the way you think we should just tuck our dicks until they look like lady parts and run from any top ranking opposition.

CU doesn't need any extra attention in SEPTEMBER.

CU needs attention in DECEMBER. This team needs to be practicing in DECEMBER so recruits see the football team IN ACTION, so this team returns to bowl games, etc.

That same Mizzou team stomped the dog**** out of Colorado. And UConn went 8-5 last year, and won a bowl game, dumb****.

Playing heavyweights is fine and dandy when you are a heavyweight yourself, or have aspirations of being a heavyweight. This Colorado team has been terrible and hasn't won a ****ing road game in 4 years. Now you want to go to OHIO STATE for a road game?

If Colorado keeps scheduling these out-of-conference games EVERY year, you can count on CU changing coaches every 5 years or so, because none of them are going to be able to make it go with that schedule.

My question is --- is this game to replace the CAL game which is currently scheduled for 2011? Does that mean that CU will only have five (5) home games, and will only play ONE (1) non-conference home game (Fresno State)?

We can still add another home game vs. crapsburgh state after this one cause we're playing at Hawaii.

ill be sure to take my scheduling advice from a Barry Switzer disciple

First of all LT.Col.BitchMade I know that Mizzou whips CU's ass. I don't know why that is. They seem to have Hawkins #(big surprise). Second UConn went 8-5 yes. Against the likes of RI, Baylor,Ohio and Syracuse. Go look at their schedule (which I'm sure you already did) and point out a good win. You keep pointing out win totals as if they mean something. If you win 8 games and play no one guess what? Nobody cares. You have to play the big boys while you are down to become a big boy. Got it DUMB****.

ill be sure to take my scheduling advice from a Barry Switzer disciple

This makes a lot of sense.

First of all, Barry Switzer won three national championships. He also won like a dozen conference championships and played in the Orange Bowl like 8 times. Oh, and his non-conference scheduling had teams like Miami (Florida, not Ohio), UCLA, Texas, Oregon, North Carolina, USC, Arizona, Stanford, West Virginia, Ohio State, Pitt., Cal.

But you should probably stop before you even begin to compare Oklahoma football to Colorado football - it's really an apples and oranges comparison.

First of all LT.Col.BitchMade I know that Mizzou whips CU's ass. I don't know why that is. They seem to have Hawkins #(big surprise). Second UConn went 8-5 yes. Against the likes of RI, Baylor,Ohio and Syracuse. Go look at their schedule (which I'm sure you already did) and point out a good win. You keep pointing out win totals as if they mean something. If you win 8 games and play no one guess what? Nobody cares. You have to play the big boys while you are down to become a big boy. Got it DUMB****.

Let me know when they start sending out bowl invitations to teams "because they played a tough schedule".

Until then, all that matters are W's.

Boy. You really get riled up when anyone brings up the Sooners. I wish you were that passionate about the Buffs. :smile2:

I keed! I keed!

All I have to say about Oklahoma is SCORE BOARD BITCHES!!! I need to get that out of my system fast. :lol:

Boy. You really get riled up when anyone brings up the Sooners. I wish you were that passionate about the Buffs. :smile2:

I keed! I keed!

I don't know how any person can not be respectful of what Oklahoma football has done. For all intents and purposes Oklahoma (the state) is a ****hole. But it is a football mecca and more has been done at OU than many other schools combined. Call Barry Switzer a cheater, call Bob Stoops arrogant - together they have gone 274-58-4 (82% wins), with 17 conference championships, 4 National Championships (and played for the national championship multiple other times).

I am sorry, but if that is not a football program to respect and aspire to be, I do not know what is.

When did you become a pussy?

We alway need 1 marquee non-conference game on the schedule.

When CU Football became irrelevant..

We'll see everyone's reaction when CU loses 45-13 on national TV at Ohio State next year. I doubt anyone will be saying, boy what a great idea this was.

Lets not forget how ****ing great Mizzou was losing at home to Baylor and with 5 overall losses. .

That same Missouri team where we got our doors blown off of every year. Yeah if they suck what does that say about us?

BTW, don't be surprised if Baylor comes into Folsom and wins like they did in 2006. And that will be 2 coaches to do it. Great job Hawk.

We'll see everyone's reaction when CU loses 45-13 on national TV at Ohio State next year. I doubt anyone will be saying, boy what a great idea this was.

**** that. We'll win that game.

Bill Snyder is a scheduling genius. Which coach will still have a job come January 2011? Which team will be playing in a bowl game this winter?

When CU starts winning 9 or 10 games EVERY YEAR they can (and should) start scheduling the likes of Ohio State. Teams that are lucky to win 3 games have no business playing the likes of Ohio State, unless we are interested in becoming their Homecoming game.

I think CU should just admit we can't play with the big boys, drop to D-II and join the RMAC. Plenty of teams we can beat there, and it would be so much better to have a winning record against a bunch of weak teams than to struggle trying to actually compete with the big boys.

I think CU should just admit we can't play with the big boys, drop to D-II and join the RMAC. Plenty of teams we can beat there, and it would be so much better to have a winning record against a bunch of weak teams than to struggle trying to actually compete with the big boys.

^^^ Thanks Junc. Enough said.

That same Missouri team where we got our doors blown off of every year. Yeah if they suck what does that say about us?

BTW, don't be surprised if Baylor comes into Folsom and wins like they did in 2006. And that will be 2 coaches to do it. Great job Hawk.

I already responded to this same statement. Go back and read. I never said they suck either. If 8-5 makes them a juggernaut to you that's fine. I'm done arguing over this bull****.

Anyone who doesn't get excited about the thought of CU playing at Ohio State should stop watching football.

Anyone who doesn't get excited about the thought of CU playing at Ohio State should stop watching football.

But what about the possibility of a home game against Northern Colorado or Wisconsin-River Falls?

There's no downside to this. If we get our asses kicked, it was expected. If we play close but lose, we get some respect. If we win, we get a ton of respect. In any event, we walk away with a cool $2MM.

Seriously, I have a difficult time finding a downside to this.

There's no downside to this. If we get our asses kicked, it was expected. If we play close but lose, we get some respect. If we win, we get a ton of respect. In any event, we walk away with a cool $2MM.

:nod:

It's like CSU vs. CU.

CU doesn't need any extra attention in SEPTEMBER.

CU needs attention in DECEMBER. This team needs to be practicing in DECEMBER so recruits see the football team IN ACTION, so this team returns to bowl games, etc.

I agree. Still, though, it shouldn't be mutually exclusive with scheduling good teams in September.

I don't see any other "big boys" playing a one game away with no return game against any other national power. Teams like San Diego State, San Jose State, Northern Colorado do that stuff. I guess we are on that level now.

Back