What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado/Utah Basketball Score prediction thread

The Buffs also sleepwalked through much of that game.

NOthing to say we wont sleep-walk this one, since spencer went down we really only came to play against USC and UofA (after the first 6 minutes) who we always get up for.

Even though what you are saying has a lot of merit and I do believe winning on the road is the hardest in men's cbb than just about any other sport, the stats themselves are inflated by how many cupcake games there are.
Very true

Tad's got this.

Young players & bench guys are always a lot better at home. And Ski's a different guy at the Keg.

The extra practice this week will serve the Buffs well.

Tad's got this.

Young players & bench guys are always a lot better at home. And Ski's a different guy at the Keg.

The extra practice this week will serve the Buffs well.

Season for all intents and purposes re-starts with this game.

68-60 Utah

I don't like this game for a number of reasons. They may not have won a road game but they've been in every one of them. This is a team that takes a lot of shots late in the shot clock, so even if CU plays great half-court D and forces them to use a lot of clock this is something Utah is used to and has been effective doing. They will play in the style of USCB, Wyoming and Harvard. They aren't going to go after a lot of offensive rebounds, they are going to bet back and limit CU's transition opportunities, so CU is going to have to execute in the half court. While Utah does limit transition opportunities, the transition opportunities they do allow they play extremely good defense and allow a very low efg%.

If we sleepwalk after stewing on these losses for a week we've got major issues and and we probably lose.

68-60 Utah

I don't like this game for a number of reasons. They may not have won a road game but they've been in every one of them. This is a team that takes a lot of shots late in the shot clock, so even if CU plays great half-court D and forces them to use a lot of clock this is something Utah is used to and has been effective doing. They will play in the style of USCB, Wyoming and Harvard. They aren't going to go after a lot of offensive rebounds, they are going to bet back and limit CU's transition opportunities, so CU is going to have to execute in the half court. While Utah does limit transition opportunities, the transition opportunities they do allow they play extremely good defense and allow a very low efg%.

Hey jg, we agree on something!

To your point, our half court has been very suspect since losing Spencer (and that's being generous.) Until I see something different (like some consistent backcourt offense), I don't like our chances against anyone except WSU and USC from here on out.

Utah 64-58

We cant start out the game slow. that will give utah confidence and let them think we can win. They arent going to back down if we go up 20-5 on them, so we need to not let them get a big lead early.
I'm concerned, but this is still a home game, and we do not lose at home - which I think will be our only saving grace

I really like CU in this game. They know their backs are against the wall, and I expect them to play like that. Hoping the crowd is a factor

You are guys are basing your predicitons off our most recent game against ASU too much.

While it was the worst performance of the year and complete meltdown in every way, I don't expect that kind of effort again from this team, especially playing at home. Boyle said something about you play 5 games over your level, 5 games below your level, and 20 games right in the middle each year. That was probably in that bottom 5 category.

We have never been a good road team under Boyle, in fact, I would say we would always lose to some less talented team every year.

Utah presents a unique challenge because of Delon Wright and stopping him, but they are beatable if we can limit turnovers, defend the three, and make our free throws.

I'm revising my prediction to 61-59 Buffs. I think the extra days of practice and GameDay annoucement remotivates this team and gets us this win against an improved Utes team.

68-60 Utah

this, but lower scoring. 60-55 Utah.

You are guys are basing your predicitons off our most recent game against ASU too much.

While it was the worst performance of the year and complete meltdown in every way, I don't expect that kind of effort again from this team, especially playing at home. Boyle said something about you play 5 games over your level, 5 games below your level, and 20 games right in the middle each year. That was probably in that bottom 5 category.

We have never been a good road team under Boyle, in fact, I would say we would always lose to some less talented team every year.

Utah presents a unique challenge because of Delon Wright and stopping him, but they are beatable if we can limit turnovers, defend the three, and make our free throws.

I'm revising my prediction to 61-59 Buffs. I think the extra days of practice and GameDay annoucement remotivates this team and gets us this win against an improved Utes team.
We've gone 1-3 (1-4 if you count UW) without Spencer. That doesn't exactly breed confidence.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect -- they had a week off, they're at home, they can beat Utah, but Utah is a resilient team. Any result Saturday wouldn't surprise me.

I take some issue with this. We are notoriously bad defending the 3 ball (look at all the guys that have had huge games from beyond the arc this year, and last 3 years if you like), and have had like 17 turnovers/gm since the mayor went down. Our FT shooting has been OK, but not nearly as good as with spencer in - nor are we getting to the stripe as much as we were.

We cant start out the game slow. that will give utah confidence and let them think we can win. They arent going to back down if we go up 20-5 on them, so we need to not let them get a big lead early.
I'm concerned, but this is still a home game, and we do not lose at home - which I think will be our only saving grace

This is an important point. Utah does not go away. Very adept at starting games strong, especially on D. And even if you get up on them, they resist a knockout blow. They hang around. Anyone simply stating they haven't won a road game yet this season isn't stating the true story that they're remarkably composed and have contested most every road game down to the wire. They want this one badly, they're ascending and have momentum despite close losses. How badly do we want it? Is this group ready to fight and grind out a win...go full on Tad ball? I hope so.

C'ville, I cant say how much I think exactly like you. Utah it seems wont let anyone deal them a knockout blow. They hang around like a fart in a mitten.
Even if we do get up on them they arent going to back down and (honestly) this is probably one of the easier road wins (to them) they will get all season. The leader of this team is gone, and we've looked lost since. Sure, we beat a crappy USC team, but have no other real wins since the mayor went down.
Even if we do get up big on them, they still sense blood on the prairie.

Those indians think this buffalo is wounded, so they are going to go in hard for the kill.....

69-64 Buffs. I'm predicting a slow, uneven game from both sides in front of a late arriving, sleepy (as usual in 2014) crowd. Tight game throughout with the Buffs sealing it down the stretch with free throws. I also predict that the uber douche MC brings down the crowd at key moments throughout the game with his putrid attempts at humor and crowd invigoration. And lastly, I predict none of the cheerleaders (males included) will yet again be able to get their prize throws more than 4 rows deep into the crowd. Sad, sad. :finger2:

Buffs 55-Utah 54 in a game that has half of us throwing the remote at least once.

:lol: Well put!

Utah is a ball hawking club. Start inside and kick some back out. If Josh can have a solid day inside, gonna go on a limb and say somebody gets hot on the kick out. Bit of a leap but buffs by 5 in a 66-61 ish game.

In Vegas for the bowl, line still 3 mostly or at least was last night.

Back