What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado & Utah To The Pac10 ? hmm ?

if CU lands in the p10 and csu lands in the b12, i wonder what will happen to our in-state fan base? if csu basically replaces the Buffs in the b12 and takes over the historical games v. the fuskers, ku, ou, etc., then will some in-staters, especially out on the eastern plains, shift their allegiance from CU (that psuedo-california school!) to the sheep? we already have to fight the elitism thing in the press and small towns in state... this could make it worse.

just throwin' it out there for consideration...

I wouldn't care if it did. I think CSU to the Big 12 if CU bolts to the Pac 12 would be a win/win for everybody involved. The Big 12 could keep some of the Denver market, and CSU would have a much higher profile. CU, meanwhile, gets increased access to California recruits and alumni donations and a big piece of TV revenue pie. Everybody walks away happy.

Hard to see CSU to the Big 12.

I'd think that Houston, TCU and New Mexico would all be a lot more attractive options. Possibly Rice, UTEP and SMU also.

@bob...

i am not so sure about that. the b12 is going to be in a much different position if CU and mizzery bolt (and if ut goes, it will be really really ugly). the options for the b12 to replace the missing teams aren't great. they need to protect tv markets so just adding more texas schools won't be ideal to them. maybe they add csu (to try to keep some of the denver tv market) and maybe byu (same thing, utah market). or, maybe they just decide to go all texas and add like tcu and smu or something... then they would shift ou and osu to the b12 north and be able split ou and ut away from one another (which they've been wanting to do for some time).

i dunno. crazy.

if **** completely hit the fan, MAYBE. but they would need to upgrade facilities like crazy and yet they only get 25K to go their games.

if **** completely hit the fan, MAYBE. but they would need to upgrade facilities like crazy and yet they only get 25K to go their games.

They'd get more to watch when Texas, OU, A&M, and NU come to town. The tv revenues alone from being in the Big 12 would increase their ability to compete considerably. It would hurt CU's in-state recruiting to a degree, though. It would be a situation like what they have in Iowa now. Iowa State is in a BCS conference, and gets a good share of cash from it, but still isn't at the level of Iowa, though.

They'd get more to watch when Texas, OU, A&M, and NU come to town. The tv revenues alone from being in the Big 12 would increase their ability to compete considerably. It would hurt CU's in-state recruiting to a degree, though. It would be a situation like what they have in Iowa now. Iowa State is in a BCS conference, and gets a good share of cash from it, but still isn't at the level of Iowa, though.

What in-state recruiting? Okay that aside, Iowa is a good parallel. It all goes back to money, the Big 12 would definitely scramble for TV markets so I don't think the lambs are totally out of the equation. Although, they would be like an expansion team in pro sports. You think we are on the bottom now wait to see what would happen to their programs for awhile as they ramp up.

Back