What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread 3/22 2.40pm MT

I honestly think it will be a good game. I haven't heard anything about you guys, but snippets. We are hot and cold. When we are hot, we can beat anyone... when cold... we fall apart. Not sure if that says anything.

Its the same with us. Can beat and lose to anyone in back to back games.

The interesting matchups will be rebounding and 3pt shooting. Who ever can with the battles there wins the game. We have the edge in rebounding while you have the edge in 3pt shots. Better hope your boys are working on their box out technique because as we say around here it is always Dre's Ball!

Stubhub already has good deals. But you do not know what session they are playing. My guess is they will be the early session with UCLA and FLorida during the night session as those two teams probably will be a bigger draw (both in attendance and in night time TV ratings)

So can you only buy the weekend pass for the tickets? its $220 which is steep. Can you not just buy an individual game?

If you're okay going with stubhub, can get tickets to both the Friday sessions for about $100. We don't know which session CU will be in yet (or at least I don't)

There'll be 3 separate tickets for the weekend - one for the Friday afternoon session, one for the Friday night session, and one for the Sunday session. All sessions will be a doubleheader.

Just catching up, so awesome! Looking forward to playing a big 10 + 2 = big 10 team. Lets do this!

Mike_Tyson%27s_Punch-Out%21%21_-_NES_-_The_Dream_Fight.png

Soak it up everyone. Think about how amazing this accomplishment is in a rebuilding year! We weren't supposed to play this well and here we are back to back years.

First off, I'm really looking forward to this game.

Illinois fans should understand that CU comes from the Big 8/12, where the animosity runs at high levels, and discourse can be a little messy. That's typically our starting point, but there is a reason. We're slowly settling down in our new, more cordial conference.

Now, let's discuss things on which we can agree.

--A bunch of dudes posting on a fan website probably didn't fully leverage the academic opportunities available at their institution, sufficiently, to warrant a conversation about whose school ranked higher in the US News rankings (Stanford grads excepted--those guys really are a cut above). We went to some public college--does it matter how many Nobel Prize winners are on the faculty really?

--As CU fans we can acknowledge Illinois' tradition of hoops excellence. I think Illini fans will find that Buff fans readily agree that we have no basketball history, and are excited with some recent limited success. We're pretty realistic that way.

--While CU has probably served as the safety school for many, it's never actually been a punchline in a movie as such.

--Illini4life. Your tone came across as a little provocative--no big deal, I think we can all handle it. But your immediate retreat to victimhood when things became lowgrade chippy was pretty dooshy. I'm assuming we all agree on this.

--Finally, I'm sure Illinois is a fine school, but I'd be surprised if many students attracted to CU would consider any school in the Midwest, which tends to be geography/culture's equivalent meatloaf in the culinary world.

My apologies to both Dio and Jens. I'll now wander off to the Island with my head hung low.

Work with a ton of Illinis. We've been talking about this potential matchup for a week or two. Should be fun :thumbsup:.

I'm really looking forward to this matchup. I actually almost went to Illinois and my final 2 were U of I and CU. I've spent a decent amount of time in Champaign as my mom and many of her family members are U of I alumni (Papa Del's might be the best pizza I've ever had).

Lol @ Colorado fans, you all must be stoned. You will lose by +10. You'll learn what its like playing a B10 team. Saying we faded down the stretch? We lost to Iowa which was a bad loss but how exactly did we fade? We lost to Michigan Indiana and OSU, 2 of which we already beat this year. We just beat Minn in the BTT. Clarify how we "faded down the stretch" please. Also remember you're COLORADO. What have y'all done in any major sport? exxxxxxactly.

Are you really bragging about beating Minnesota? Weak. Next.

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread

Lol @ Colorado fans, you all must be stoned. You will lose by +10. You'll learn what its like playing a B10 team. Saying we faded down the stretch? We lost to Iowa which was a bad loss but how exactly did we fade? We lost to Michigan Indiana and OSU, 2 of which we already beat this year. We just beat Minn in the BTT. Clarify how we "faded down the stretch" please. Also remember you're COLORADO. What have y'all done in any major sport? exxxxxxactly.

Boring?

Colorado v Illinois - 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round Game Thread

Yeah it'll be boring watching all those three's go in, ha. The best conference in the country is so boring. I'd much rather watch teams like Wyoming, lulz.

Three point **** talking from a fan of the team who shot the 38th most threes in the nation but only made the 238th most?

In case you don't understand, that means your team shoots a poor 3 point %, but shoots a lot of them because you're too stupid to figure out it's a bad idea.

Again, yawn. Don't you have a school bus to catch tomorrow? I hear there's a 9th grade algebra quiz. Let me guess, you're an "Illinois grad" too. :lol:
You went sub-.500 in the B1G. I guess Gardner-Webb and Auburn learned what it was like to play a B1G team, too. Congrats on beating them by a collective 3 points, btw. But hey, you did pull away from Western Carolina on some last second foul shots to win by 8. Pat yourself on the back, angry troll.

We did beat 2 #1 seeds. And they both (at one point) were ranked #1 in the country.

Back