What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

COLORADO v Michigan OFFICIAL Game Thread

I'm just sick this morning. Depressed. We had it in front of us and our not so special teams killed us. Right now, I lay a ton of blame on Mac. He HAD to have known Michigan would bring the house on our punts yet we were ill prepared. The first block led to a domino effect of the "kick in the ass" and horrible roll out kicks giving Michigan great field position after almost every punt that they were able to return.

Posted by DBT Sept 11th:

"I'm worried about our punting game and field position. Michigan blocked a couple of punts against UCF and will bring a lot of pressure. More than Kinney has seen so far. If we give them short fields very often, were in trouble."
Thank you, ****ing Nostradamus. What is your prediction for the market this week, bitch?

And part of the reason the defense gave up that many was the repeated short fields from the special teams. At least 7, if not 14 of the 24 they gave up.
Yeah I attributed the butt punt that led to a TD a few plays later, to the ST. The defense wasn't blameless, though, as I don't understand how they completely lose track of Butt so many times and fail to keep contain on the outside, but they played well enough considering the circumstances.

Yeah I attributed the butt punt that led to a TD a few plays later, to the ST. The defense wasn't blameless, though, as I don't understand how they completely lose track of Butt so many times and fail to keep contain on the outside, but they played well enough considering the circumstances.
thats all on the LB's

It was simple, Gamboa isn't athletic enough to guard him and he was getting picked. There was a clip of Gillam early in the game where he stood and shuffled his feet and didn't move until the ball was caught, some guy ran right in front of him and he didn't hit him which is usually a linebackers dream.

I'm calling it "The Kick in the Ass."

By the way, Harbaugh was effusive in his praise of Sefo.

thats all on the LB's
Eh. Maybe. You don't know the scheme they were running. TE responsibilities are just as often a Safeties' job, as they are a LBs, if not moreso. Just because our secondary has some dudes in it and LB is suspect, doesn't mean guys like TT, Awuzie, Laguda and Moeller are exempt from fault.

Back