What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UConn - NCAA Tourney - Official Thread - Thursday 11.30am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually works out for me. I'm on a flight early that morning and will have time to take care of what I need to before the tipoff.

Saturday is going to be a major challenge, though.

But on a positive note, it looks like we found a great place to stay in Louisville, KY for the Sweet 16/ Elite 8 weekend after the Buffs take care of business in Des Moines.

looking over this game... the only way we win is if we make the game ugly as hell and win the rebound game while limiting turnovers. So, nothing new. Kenpom loves them compared to us.

Gotta get their big in foul trouble too.

Get you Snow but they are gonna expect that. Get it up and down the floor, play balls to the wall. Even their fans know jelly can play. I say get as many easy baskets as we can. Not there, then we can settle half court.

UConn on neutral courts this season:

Michigan: 74-60 win

Syrcause: 79-76 loss

Gonzaga 73-70 loss

Maryland: 76-66 loss

Cincinnati: 104-97 (4OT) win

Temple: 77-62 win

Memphis: 72-58 win

Of the 6 NCAA Tournament teams in there, UConn went 3-3

I love Gordon/Scott vs Brimah/Miller any day. Brimah is no Poeltl. Scott's craftiness could give him fits too. Got to expect a big game from J40. As for Hamilton, I don't know. I think we throw Fletch on him. He's kind of the perfect guy for someone like Fletcher to guard.

I love Gordon/Scott vs Brimah/Miller any day. Brimah is no Poeltl. Scott's craftiness could give him fits too. Got to expect a big game from J40. As for Hamilton, I don't know. I think we throw Fletch on him. He's kind of the perfect guy for someone like Fletcher to guard.
Link to the entire UCONN v. SMU game in Hartford:

Link to the entire UCONN v. SMU game in Hartford:

url

Man. Got tickets to Denver's session all weekend, so gonna have to find a way to stream the game on Thursday. I can do it on my phone while at the Pepsi Center, but will have to find a charge somewhere. Rough life

Man. Got tickets to Denver's session all weekend, so gonna have to find a way to stream the game on Thursday. I can do it on my phone while at the Pepsi Center, but will have to find a charge somewhere. Rough life[/QUOTE

I'd like to think that televisions will be showing the other games in the Pepsi Center. I may be in a similar situation.

It looks like they don't put enough pressure guarding the 3 point line. We can not pass the open look 3 like we did before. We need to be able to have a decent shooting game to have a chance.

I'll leave this here. My alma mater's greatest victory in 2008. The guy jumping in the suit on the far left was my roommate my senior year in 2007, still one of my best friends. Would love the two teams I root for to be a combined 2-0 against UConn in the first round.

Some incredibly fascinating stories around guys on that team too. Rob Jones, #22 in that video is the grandson of Bob Jones of Jonestown infamy.

Brandon Johnson, the best player on that SD team got busted for point shaving 2 years later. Sad, and frustrating as an alum, but still fascinating.

Last edited:
Well, our draw sucks but oh well. Beating UConn would help the program. They do have cred in the tourney. How many titles do they have, 3?

Spot on analysis of CU.

For sure. Let's hope our decent showing in Vegas (besides Arizona first half) puts an end to this:

4) they have little success outside of Boulder. Their home court is one of the best in the nation and for years were awful away from it. That wasn't as much the case this year but I'm still suspect of how they will perform on a big stage outside of Colorado.

Also, I don't like GMFK guarding Hamilton. I'm fine with Hamilton on King, but rather see Fletch or Fortune taking on Hamilton defensively. For some reason I see King better suited to Purvis.

As for the Brimah/Scott matchup. I like it. Don't think it'll stay one on one for long. Brimah's the kind of big Scott can handle well, imo.

Also, I don't like GMFK guarding Hamilton. I'm fine with Hamilton on King, but rather see Fletch or Fortune taking on Hamilton defensively. For some reason I see King better suited to Purvis.

I personally agree with you on this. That said, it seems like Tad has been "challenging" King on D a little bit more lately. I've noticed he's had him on the opposing team's big guns more and more. I don't know if it's because he feels like King is ready for it, or if he feels that King is the kind of guy who does better when challenged (he tends to wander a bit on D at times...), but it's something to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back