What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado was louder than Washington

The start time does not matter. Students show up late either way. Been that way well before I was in school.

The only time I remember the students being there early was the 1989 Nebraska game. The students were packed in their seats more than an hour before kickoff that day. Haven't seen that since.

I have a feeling they will be packed in tight early for the USC game. With it being a blackout, the students love those games. Plus its against USC and a ton of our students are from So-Cal.

The start time does not matter. Students show up late either way. Been that way well before I was in school.
Guess I never really payed attention but assumed that'd help. Really don't think there's much we can do since a lot of students just see it as a excuse to get ****ed up.

I have a feeling they will be packed in tight early for the USC game. With it being a blackout, the students love those games. Plus its against USC and a ton of our students are from So-Cal.

I have a feeling that is gonna be an insane game with the crowd. Hope the team feeds off it!

Guess I never really payed attention but assumed that'd help. Really don't think there's much we can do since a lot of students just see it as a excuse to get ****ed up.

You are pretty much right with your last sentence. Have sat in the student section for many games over the years, with start times ranging from 11am to 8pm. Never noticed the student section really full at kickoff in any of them.

the only thing the students are full of at kickoff is demon alcohol!

the stadium is very loud compared to the p12. i've seen games at most of the p10 stadiums. ou and uw are loud, sometimes. the colosseum is really, really loud when it is at capacity and the trojans are winning.

CU has a real chance to add to its homefield advantage by being louder than these teams are used to experiencing.

also, on the placement of the student section and the visiting team... am i losing my mind? i thought that CU used to put the visiting team on the east side and that they changed it because of the sun... but, that was a lot of years ago so i may be wrong...

when i was a student, dave rimington, all american center for the fuskers, may or may not have flipped off the student section while standing in front of it on the field. and, he may or may not have been hit in the face with an orange in retribution. and, he may or may not have then scurried away and kept his helmet on thereafter (with no more flipping of the bird)... :lol:

bolded part...

i think RN did that for a year or two. that is the only time i can think of it happening. i am not 100% sure on this but, i do think he did try that for a year

your dumbass quoted me and responded...

Later start times.

:wtf:

The only time I remember the students being there early was the 1989 Nebraska game. The students were packed in their seats more than an hour before kickoff that day. Haven't seen that since.

on the bolded part.

you get that this time? the bolded part?

next time, you quote the right person. thanks.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread....han-Washington?p=959391&viewfull=1#post959391

i think you were looking for Unleash Hell's post. one after mine. clean it up! :smile2:

Last edited:
You are pretty much right with your last sentence. Have sat in the student section for many games over the years, with start times ranging from 11am to 8pm. Never noticed the student section really full at kickoff in any of them.

Misinformation is the best way to fill the stadium. For example, want to sell out games? Announce that only 500 tickets remain for a game no matter how many are left. Want to fill the student section early? Announce a 12:30 kickoff for a 1:30 game. Once demand outstrips supply, use the Pac-12 TV money to revamp the west and north sides of the stadium.

Misinformation is the best way to fill the stadium. For example, want to sell out games? Announce that only 500 tickets remain for a game no matter how many are left. Want to fill the student section early? Announce a 12:30 kickoff for a 1:30 game. Once demand outstrips supply, use the Pac-12 TV money to revamp the west and north sides of the stadium.

This isn't actually a bad idea. Announce a 1pm start for a 1:30....

They sold beer then, didn't they?

do you mean under?

and are you a student?

drunkenness should probably be intelligence, that would make more sense.

And yes I am a student, however I am required to be in the stadium 45min before kickoff, to line up on the ramps to perform pregame before kickoff so I dont really care what time kickoff is lol.

drunkenness should probably be intelligence, that would make more sense.

And yes I am a student, however I am required to be in the stadium 45min before kickoff, to line up on the ramps to perform pregame before kickoff so I dont really care what time kickoff is lol.
Lighten up, man. Most of us were students at one point too. I'm just ****ing around.

Renovate Balch, put a 2nd deck on the west side, enclose the north end, and that place is going to be unreal. The blue hairs won't be able to stop it.

And ruin one of the best parts of playing in boulder, our mountain views? no thinks.

Renovate Balch, close the north east corner and that should be good; leaving it open between the visitor sections has advantages.

And ruin one of the best parts of playing in boulder, our mountain views? no thinks.

Renovate Balch, close the north east corner and that should be good; leaving it open between the visitor sections has advantages.

That's how I feel also. Who's the jerk who put physics in the way of the flatirons?!

That's how I feel also. Who's the jerk who put physics in the way of the flatirons?!

Jasper Duane would only donate the money for the Physics Labs if he could watch football games from the top floor.

Guilty as charged. They're a fun group to wind up.

dont let them get away with that husker crap, that Sal stuff is not funny. Both the "Sal is Dead Go Big Read" and the "CU in Hell Sal" slogans that those classy fans from lincoln adopted were all just a big misunderstanding right?

dont let them get away with that husker crap, that Sal stuff is not funny. Both the "Sal is Dead Go Big Read" and the "CU in Hell Sal" slogans that those classy fans from lincoln adopted were all just a big misunderstanding right?

The idea is to wind them up, not to let them do the reverse. Of course, I think the Sal stuff is despicable and said as much.

Point #1 - I don't go to a football game to look at the mountains. I can see them anytime.
Point #2 - the pressbox/Flatirons club already covers the mountain views, adding a second deck where that is now wouldn't do anything to take away the view that's already there.

great atmosphere; great tradition; beautiful campus; quality education. We shall return! It only gets better folks!

It used to have great beer until 1993..........

(and yes I know why alcohol was banned at football games)

Jasper Duane would only donate the money for the Physics Labs if he could watch football games from the top floor.

is this true? just curious. weird people, the rich.

i think the Balch/Carlson complex could be an awesome renovation of some kind. the stairs up into Carlson from the west are gorgeous, classic CU architecture.

Back