What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado's 2013 NFL draft Class: David Bakhtiari & Nick Kasa

None that will get drafted most likely imo. Polk and Pericak will get shots as UFA

None that will get drafted most likely imo. Polk and Pericak will get shots as UFA

Agree on both, love Polk but don't know that he makes it. Very good athlete but injury prone and hasn't shown great instincts. Pericak playing some DE last year will help him a bunch. If he gets to a team that wants to use the NYG system of interchangable DL he could have a good shot. I think working with Kanavis helped him develop some technique that will help him.

I have a weird gut feeling that Pericak will get drafted and go higher than people think. No proof or evidence, just a weird feeling.

I have a weird gut feeling that Pericak will get drafted and go higher than people think. No proof or evidence, just a weird feeling.

You may be right, he has shown the ability to play inside and to hold up on the end. Prototype potential for some of the 3-4 teams and as I mentioned teams who want to copy the Giants.

On the other hand he is a little undersized for a DT and doesn't have the quickness to impress at end, kind of a tweener. Also his diabetes may scare some teams away.

Pericak is the type of 3-4 DE that the Steelers have historically drafted in the later rounds and spend a few years developing.

Sounds like Kasa and Bakhtiari could both end up going as high as the third round. Bakh could have improved his stock with another year but his decision doesn't look as curious now as it did when he declared. Too bad Hawk pulled Kasa's redshirt just too play in couple losses of a ****** season. He could have been something special next year.

Bakhtiari's decision has never been curious and Kasa just had bad luck his freshman year, Hawkins did not screw him over.

Bakhtiari's decision has never been curious and Kasa just had bad luck his freshman year, Hawkins did not screw him over.

Yep. He recovered as expected from the injury. But then he caught some sort of bug that sidelined him most of the season iirc.

Most players don't leave early to be mid-round draft picks. And just looked up Kasa situation and your right, he couldn't have gotten a medical redshirt.

Most players don't leave early to be mid-round draft picks. And just looked up Kasa situation and your right, he couldn't have gotten a medical redshirt.

Bakhtiari is an athletic tweener offensive lineman. What about that was going to change in a year?

Bakhtiari is projected as a 2-3 rounder. It would have been stupid not to leave early

Ranking sites or mock sites are just a way for journos to make them selves feel important, mocks are worthless. I saw David as a 7th round pick, I hope I am wrong. After saying that, I hope David and Nick both go in the 4th round. I am also hoping Polk and Will both get drafted.

Obviously lasted longer than he would have liked, but I think Bahktiari is more than happy right now to end up with the Packers.

Best possible place for David to land. 2 Buffs will be blocking for 2 of the best QBs not bad.

Excellent spot for Bakh. Great QB, major need on the OL, and the right kind of system for his skill set.

Back