What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado's Greg Brown Out? (EB moved to the sidelines)

Meh. As much as we see the writing on the wall, this is Embree/EB's call. Let them try it and see what happens. I think that any changes are too little too late, but miracles do happen, just ask CSU. They have been begging for Colorado irrelevance forever.

I'll actually say I never thought EB in the booth made any sense. That guy needs to be part of the action-he can offend some kids w/ his attitude but he also can hype them up-I think more than Embree can.

Having said that, there is no way that is 1/100th of our problem OR our solution!

I'm so proud of JE. When faced with a ridiculous embarrassment on defense his response is to move his OC down to the field. That is coaching excellence in action!! Clearly he is the best HC we have ever had. See, Benson was right!!
You KNOW the NFL is still moping about and shedding a tear here and there about losing such unprecedented coaching talent. The NFL's unrequited love...Sorry suckers he's ours!!!!

(which font is the sarcasm font?)

I'm so proud of JE. When faced with a ridiculous embarrassment on defense his response is to move his OC down to the field. That is coaching excellence in action!! Clearly he is the best HC we have ever had. See, Benson was right!!
You KNOW the NFL is still moping about and shedding a tear here and there about losing such unprecedented coaching talent. The NFL's unrequited love...Sorry suckers he's ours!!!!

(which font is the sarcasm font?)

I think you found it.

I know it's not the big shake up people want and I'll be (pleasantly) shocked if we aren't terrible all season, but keep in mind that the coaches all took a chance by joining Embree's staff and I think he's too loyal to ditch any of them until the end of the season (at which point there's a good chance he'll get fired anyway).

Yards per attempt is not a deceptive stat. It is actually about the most important passing stat out there.

Besides TD/INT ratio, it's the only one that matters to me for a QB. It's the stat that explains why a team that throws for 350 yards in a game may only score 17 points.

Beyond the all-important PPG, for the offense as a whole when I want to drill down I look at the following:

YPA & TD/INT for QB, YPC for RBs, and 3rd Down Conversion % along with Red Zone Scoring/TD%. Taken together, it gives a good balance of explosive playmaking and efficiency.

Besides TD/INT ratio, it's the only one that matters to me for a QB. It's the stat that explains why a team that throws for 350 yards in a game may only score 17 points.

Beyond the all-important PPG, for the offense as a whole when I want to drill down I look at the following:

YPA & TD/INT for QB, YPC for RBs, and 3rd Down Conversion % along with Red Zone Scoring/TD%. Taken together, it gives a good balance of explosive playmaking and efficiency.
yup. we are now awful at all of those. We were good at TD/INT prior to FSU. Now we are the opposite of that.

yup. he obviously sucked at using the advantages of the booth... hopefully Rip can focus on that and just tell EB what's actually happening now :lol:

EB isn't a an offensive coordinator. Check that, EB isn't qualified to be an offensive coordinator with a team with limited talent. If EB had USC type of talent on offense he wouldn't look this inept (wouldn't make him a great OC either).

This staff (mentioned in another thread) doesn't have great body language either including the head coach. When **** goes south and your coach is slumping his shoulders looking beaten its not a good sign for a team.

Take the Fresno State game out since we didn't show up, the Buffs had double digit leads in the first two games and when adversity hit the team went south. That's a confidence issue within the team and I'm not sure this staff knows how to build up a team that is very fragile. Ranting and raving on the sideline isn't always the best way to go.

EB isn't a an offensive coordinator. Check that, EB isn't qualified to be an offensive coordinator with a team with limited talent. If EB had USC type of talent on offense he wouldn't look this inept (wouldn't make him a great OC either).

This staff (mentioned in another thread) doesn't have great body language either including the head coach. When **** goes south and your coach is slumping his shoulders looking beaten its not a good sign for a team.

Take the Fresno State game out since we didn't show up, the Buffs had double digit leads in the first two games and when adversity hit the team went south. That's a confidence issue within the team and I'm not sure this staff knows how to build up a team that is very fragile. Ranting and raving on the sideline isn't always the best way to go.
Agreed. but a lot of these guys also saw the HaLk stoic do nothing. Looks like they need to find a happy medium.

If a player cares, he doesn't need to be screamed at to be motivated during a game. If a guy ****s up on a play, he's more upset about it than the coach is. Pull that player aside and teach.

And if the player doesn't care to that level, he shouldn't be on the field anyway.

If a player cares, he doesn't need to be screamed at to be motivated during a game. If a guy ****s up on a play, he's more upset about it than the coach is. Pull that player aside and teach.

And if the player doesn't care to that level, he shouldn't be on the field anyway.

Players respond to different methods of motivation and coaching. The good coaches know what buttons to push for each player.

If theres one thing that this did, it made me exited for the UCLA game. Im gonna go in extra early so I can hear EB on the sidelines.

The changes JE is reportedly making are great ideas, , , for last year.

At this point they are the equivelent of going after a fire with a fire extingusher, the Waldo Canyon fire on the fifth or six day. It would have been a good idea much earlier on but now it is to late to make much difference. The team is lost, they aren't listening to the coaches.

you could put in eb in his prime at tailback and this team would still suck. success requires coaching.

move him around all you want.

he may have been on the short bus, but these coaches don't even have a bus :sad1:

i'm trying to remember worse coordinator performances ever in the history of the program, on either side of the ball.

vince okruch on the defensive side of the ball-- i thought he'd be the winner forever.

now i am not so sure.

i'm trying to remember worse coordinator performances ever in the history of the program, on either side of the ball.

vince okruch on the defensive side of the ball-- i thought he'd be the winner forever.

now i am not so sure.

Remember that time that Vince game up three touchdowns in 4 offensive plays, and two of them were for over 90 yards?

Of course not. Just wrap your mind around that level of ineptness. Mind.****ing.blown.

Look at this photo. LOOK AT IT.

A3BZIbrCUAAwwtG.jpg

Not having anyone lined up on the right side of the formation IS NOT A TALENT ISSUE.

Ok for the retarded as-hole that cant read....... Do you see the word OFFENSE when I said talent issue? In fact I believe if you read the other stuff I was writing it says things like with out LB and DL talent there is no excuse to let fresno bitch slap us..... OH WAIT you quoted that exact thing. Read before responding please. I am aware Brown is f-cking up..... I have agreed on that 100 times. My only thing I was asking earlier was what firing him mid season is going to accomplish? But that was a legit serious question cause I am not sure replacing mid year will yield much better results.

And just to highlight your picture a little above I have to say.....can you count number of people on the left side of that line.... by my count that would be 2TE, 1WR, 1FB. No player who is offensively eligible to go down field is on the right. So no I personally wouldn't have shifted everyone over 2 gaps. But pretty standard in an double TE overload power I formation near goal line to shift the entire team to the power side of the formation. This would look completely acceptable to me if 2 changes occurred (obviously I don't know if they did move or if snap went off as is here but lets assume they did not shift at all) See the farside LB... he needs to take about 2 steps to his left and be lined up over the right guard. The corner needs to be max 2 yards off the line the line as well but he just looks confused up top with no one in front of him. OH YEAH and maybe..... just maybe..... the professional coaching staff with 80 years NFL experience did some film study. I am not sure if it is accurate or not but possibly they knew that if Fresno lined up in this power formation they run to the power side a very high percent of the time? Cause if I am not mistaken actually they did run left here..... but the LB and corner overpursued lost contain and the RB got stuffed left but then reversed field and went for a TD right.

So just cause you seem to have issues reading I am gonna sum this all up quickly...... I don't like a lot of the stuff Brown is doing and think he will need to go after the season. I was saying with the moderate amount of talent on def it is inexcusable to get torched by fresno. On the offense I was saying the talent is horribly bad and thats why I am not jumping on EB. Manage to follow this time?

Back