1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments from Bruins board per UCLA-OSU and pending CU game Sat.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Eggon, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

2. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

They aren't really merciless in any way. I hope fUCLA comes to Boulder with the idea that they HAVE to dominate and have the game in the bag by half-time. I don't realistically see that being the case, and if it is somwhat even it may cause some doubt in their minds, leaving it wide open for CU to make their own statement.

Our game plan should be TOP, march down the field, and limit the big play. If we keep it close near the end I think we got it.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Hey man, I'm all about being competitive and slowing the game down. TOP FTW. No more Huddle unless it is a picked time.

4. Eggon

Agree with you both per TOP being key here! UCLA is gonna try and knock these guys out early. Gotta hang on to that rock!

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

To keep the clock running you need first downs with the running game and we usually can't do that very well.

6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Unless we give the ball to Pow Pow

7. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

We've really struggled running the ball. Our passing game last week might open things up for the running game this week.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We win the game only if the Wazzu second half is repeated-more explosive plays on offense than the opposition.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

The long run by Jones: Seems like the only outside run, other than end arounds, we've run all year. I'm not even sure if it was designed to go outside. He started off tackle then broke it outside. Shouldn't we try getting him to the edge more often and use Powell inside?

10. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

Only if we want opposing defensive coordinators to tell their linebackers, "ok, if you see 26 in the backfield, and they hand it off - it's an outside run. But if you see 46, then they're running inside."

11. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

I love reading their comments "we need to how that we are an elite team". Now I'm no expert but I only consider a handful of teams elite: Bama, USC, tOSU, Michigan, LSU, FLorida/state, Notre Dame, and POSSIBLY Oregon. They aren't elite yet but another 5 years of 10+ win seasons and a possible natty and Heisman then they can be elite. UCLA is not elite.

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

You call Notre Dame elite? Why?

13. liverflukes

liverflukes Resident Bear Club Member

14. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

15. Quattro

You're elite list sucks

16. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Really can't blame UCLA fans for feeling extremely confident about their chances at this point. We're 1-3 and it hasn't exactly been against murderer's row. If we want to put a bit of fear in Pac-12 opponents minds about visiting Folsom, we need to take some scalps.....like, beat UCLA this week. That said, given that UCLA football's main tradition is being remarkably inconsistent, I'm not sure I'd take anyone for granted if I was a Bruin fan.

Folsom will prove itself as a very difficult place for Pac teams to win in. The question is when.

17. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I see the running game getting better if we can keep a defense off balance. The pseudo-profound discovery of a quick slant pass last week just might make a big difference, plus that play keeps the clock running, too.

18. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Prediction: after 200 yards of total offense by Jonathon Franklin in the first half. He gets altitude sickness and has to sit the last half.

19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If the situations were reversed, I suspect we'd all be very confident as well. Our football team is not good. We make a lot of mistakes. Our defense gives up a ton of yards. Our running game sucks. Our special teams are atrocious. We pulled off a last second win against a bottom feeder program last week. That's not much to hang our hat on, especially after getting prison raped the preceding week. If we are annoyed at UCLA being confident, what's going to be our reaction to ASU/UA/UW/UU/USC/Stanford/UO? EVERYBODY is confident they can beat us, and for good reason.

20. Eggon

May the Bruin Board moderator drink a warm and sour beer with leftover cheese after the game! Also may he be severely disappointed and expectations denied! :boxing:

"Next week at Colorado has to be a statement type game. If that game isn't over by halftime, it'll be a disappointing game. I could be happy with being 4-1 through the first five games if the Colorado game is a blowout."

Quote from Bruinsnation Board Moderator

21. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think he's saying anything that bad, frankly. I'd be saying the same thing if I were in his place. Like I said, we're on everybody's "probable win, if not blowout" list right now.

22. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I see no reason to expect it to be a close game, I'm hoping the game is a game at least during the 3rd quarter. Love the Buffs, and think last game could be a huge game changer for the heart of these young kids, but Brown is still a joke of a DC and UCLA has way too many weapons...QB and RB are some of, or the best, in the PAC XII.

23. Eggon

You are correct as we are penciled in as a "W" per all of our remaining opponents expectations at the moment. Per UCLA their offense is daunting both run and pass. And the B-Slapping we got in Pasadena last year was ugly! But I still offer them nothing more than warm beer and disappointment when they show up at Folsom!

On the bright side, it appears it is going to be a classic fall day and the place ought to be pretty full. Should help avoid the "Fresno freakout" syndrome. I will be happy with CU if they play hard and battle! BTW if anyone has not seen that locker room celebration and Embree speech post game, highly recommend it! That is what this is all about IMHO....

24. Walter White

Walter White Member

80% probability of a lopsided win for UCLA
    15% probability of a UCLA win of less than 13 points
    5% probability of a CU upset

25. CVilleBuff

I'm hardly one of the sunshine pumpers, but there is more than a 15% chance of keeping it under 13. Let's not go overboard with how good UCLA is.

26. Walter White

Walter White Member

I don't think you're looking at all four of the games CU has played this year. Plus, it's not all about how good UCLA is.

The vegas line is 20.5

27. CVilleBuff

Of course it's not just all about UCLA. However, we're playing at home, and we have more than a 15% chance of essentially keeping it within 2TD's. And yes, I'm saying the line is a little high. Can I mathematically prove that? No, so this argument is pointless. But UCLA is very, very, very prone to inconsistency, they aren't good on the road, and Hundley is not 100%.

28. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

The entirety of allbuffs, summed up in one graceful phrase.

29. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Figured you'd like it... it's got half your favorite teams on there.

CVilleBuff likes this.
  30. Quattro

:rolling_eyes: