What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Comments from Bruins board per UCLA-OSU and pending CU game Sat.

I don't blame UCLA fans/mods one bit. They should expect a blowout. I'll hope otherwise...

Why is this guy doing videos?
[video=youtube;zSuyP57Cqu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuyP57Cqu8[/video]

If the situations were reversed, I suspect we'd all be very confident as well. Our football team is not good. We make a lot of mistakes. Our defense gives up a ton of yards. Our running game sucks. Our special teams are atrocious. We pulled off a last second win against a bottom feeder program last week. That's not much to hang our hat on, especially after getting prison raped the preceding week. If we are annoyed at UCLA being confident, what's going to be our reaction to ASU/UA/UW/UU/USC/Stanford/UO? EVERYBODY is confident they can beat us, and for good reason.

Spoken like a true puss...

Embree's had his team playing strong in every First Quarter but one (but, oh my, what a one) and I looked hard for that, last week against WSU. So, whatever he did (or didn't do) at Fresno, he had the Buffaloes reverting to Hard Play for Quarter 1.

UCLA would probably love for a blowout First Half but they won't get it. And leaving CU in the game - with homefield advantage - is going to gnaw at them thru halftime.

They have everything to lose. Embree has nothing. What if he throws up a 70-3 loss? So? He can rightfully shine Klatt's nose in it - "Been there/done that". CU has nothing to lose in this game.

Last week was our Must Win. This week is our Nothing-To-Lose game. UCLA's got a minefield of possibilities, and almost every option is bad for them.

Buffs get some stuff rolling (mixing it up) then ucla lets BUFFS hang around...go to our hurry up fast paced offense and the altitude will bury the bruins

GO BUFFS !

Of course it's not just all about UCLA. However, we're playing at home, and we have more than a 15% chance of essentially keeping it within 2TD's. And yes, I'm saying the line is a little high. Can I mathematically prove that? No, so this argument is pointless. But UCLA is very, very, very prone to inconsistency, they aren't good on the road, and Hundley is not 100%.

The guys in vegas are not homers and they factor in UCLA inconsistency, injuries and road problems. Vegas is not always right, of course, but I would not be betting that CU is within 10 points when you consider everything. Let's see how it turns out.

Embree's had his team playing strong in every First Quarter but one (but, oh my, what a one) and I looked hard for that, last week against WSU. So, whatever he did (or didn't do) at Fresno, he had the Buffaloes reverting to Hard Play for Quarter 1.

UCLA would probably love for a blowout First Half but they won't get it. And leaving CU in the game - with homefield advantage - is going to gnaw at them thru halftime.

They have everything to lose. Embree has nothing. What if he throws up a 70-3 loss? So? He can rightfully shine Klatt's nose in it - "Been there/done that". CU has nothing to lose in this game.

Last week was our Must Win. This week is our Nothing-To-Lose game. UCLA's got a minefield of possibilities, and almost every option is bad for them.

It's funny how the mind of a fan works. Ever optomistic.

The guys in vegas are not homers and they factor in UCLA inconsistency, injuries and road problems. Vegas is not always right, of course, but I would not be betting that CU is within 10 points when you consider everything. Let's see how it turns out.

For all you know, I could be saying there's 20% chance of keeping it within 13. 15% just seems low considering it's a home game and the opponent is UCLA.

For all you know, I could be saying there's 20% chance of keeping it within 13. 15% just seems low considering it's a home game and the opponent is UCLA.

I hate to be a downer. I'm proud of the guys for the heart they showed at Pullman, but they'll have to demonstrate a similar leap (from FSU to WSU) to keep this one at all competitive. I was at Folsom for Sac State.

That's true. But I'm sure some ucla people would use the phrase "considering the opponent is CU" to argue the opposite.

Look, nobody has a crystal ball. We'll see how it goes.

If CU can keep pressure on the qb and lb's flow to the ball limiting the run game, CU has a great shot of being 2-0 in conference. Oh yea. CU has to be able to run the ball...isn't that ucla's weakness (stopping the run)??

If the situations were reversed, I suspect we'd all be very confident as well. Our football team is not good. We make a lot of mistakes. Our defense gives up a ton of yards. Our running game sucks. Our special teams are atrocious. We pulled off a last second win against a bottom feeder program last week. That's not much to hang our hat on, especially after getting prison raped the preceding week. If we are annoyed at UCLA being confident, what's going to be our reaction to ASU/UA/UW/UU/USC/Stanford/UO? EVERYBODY is confident they can beat us, and for good reason.

Sounds like a recipie for success. Worked last week :thumbsup:

If UCLA's young QB gets on a roll, then the Buffs will be in real trouble this game. The Bruin QB has shown he can be a stud.

If UCLA's young QB gets on a roll, then the Buffs will be in real trouble this game. The Bruin QB has shown he can be a stud.

Go worry about Wisconsin and stop annoying everyone.

Thanks for the pathetic PM. You should be happy I even pay attention to you, most of this site has you on ignore.

Last edited:
Do you still feel the same way?

Not really sure what your point is. It could have still been a higher probability. Do you even understand how percentages work? I'm not wrong, just as you're not right. The final score in no way indicates that were was only a "15% chance of keeping it within 2 TDs", it could have been a 99% chance for all we know.

Not really sure what your point is. It could have still been a higher probability. Do you even understand how percentages work? I'm not wrong, just as you're not right. The final score in no way indicates that were was only a "15% chance of keeping it within 2 TDs", it could have been a 99% chance for all we know.
I believe I have a pretty good understanding of probabilities and statistics relative to most people. It was actually my favorite class in school.

Here is my point. You were arguing for a higher probability for a close game.

At that point, CU was arguably the worst team in college football—losses to CU, Sac State and a mudhole from Fresno State, and a fluky come from behind win against a horrible WSU team.

I just saw no basis for making an argument for a higher probability for a close game. And what happened is exactly in line with what the numbers would indicate what would happen. You play that game 100 times and I would submit that you get very few close games. UCLA can be inconsistent and down…and still win going away.

I believe I have a pretty good understanding of probabilities and statistics relative to most people. It was actually my favorite class in school.

At that point, CU was arguably the worst team in college football—losses to CU, Sac State and a mudhole from Fresno State, and a fluky come from behind win against a horrible WSU team.

I just saw no basis for making an argument for a higher probability for a close game. And what happened is exactly in line with what the numbers would indicate what would happen. You play that game 100 times and I would submit that you get very few close games. UCLA can be inconsistent and down…and still win going away.

And I submit that there is zero way of proving whether it was a 15% chance or 20% chance. If that was your favorite class in school, I dread to think how you did in the others. Yawn, go bore someone else this week.

Prove it, bitch

Back