What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Comments from Bruins board per UCLA-OSU and pending CU game Sat.

I'd say there's a 32% probability of CU getting beat by 4 touchdowns against ASU.

Prove me wrong.

You might need a refresher course in stats.

How do you not understand that there is no way to know the % chances of us winning or not getting blown out or anything. Your guess is no better than anyone else's because they are all arbitrary. Vegas can give you odds, but that is based on how people are placing bets, not based on actual odds of the teams performing a certain way. You need to take a few refresher courses.

How do you not understand that there is no way to know the % chances of us winning or not getting blown out or anything. Your guess is no better than anyone else's because they are all arbitrary. Vegas can give you odds, but that is based on how people are placing bets, not based on actual odds of the teams performing a certain way. You need to take a few refresher courses.

I know that. I assigned subjective probabilities based on known information. The other guy was assigning probabilities that were too high in my opinion. Today i asked if he still felt the same way based on the results. If they played again would he still assign the same %?

I can say there is a 75% probability of you beating Roger Federer in tennis. Am i wrong?

It's not all arbitrary. With sports, it's a guess, but it's not arbitrary.

I know that. I assigned subjective probabilities based on known information. The other guy was assigning probabilities that were too high in my opinion. Today i asked if he still felt the same way based on the results. If they played again would he still assign the same %?

His % wasn't far off from yours. An his still could be more correct. We don't know either way, so what point are you trying to make? Yes we are bad, but we will never know if we could keep it within 21 points 15 times out of 100 or 20 times put of 100 or 99 out of 100 because we only play them once. It just doesn't matter. You aren't "more right" so stop fishing for it.

So they're subjective yet you're telling CVille he's wrong? And your little cover of asking if he feels the same way is not you just asking that, nice attempt though.

Are you really that bored? The only way to find out who is right is to play enough times to get a statistically significant sample. One game is statistically meaningless. If he said that he'd put the same % on it if they played again and you got the same results it still wouldn't mean anything (two games is not really any more statistically meaningful).

CU is usually good on Thursday night games and more than likely a blackout game to boot.... CU still loses by 23

WW, surrender. Further resistance is futile. The Allbuffs decision clearly goes to me. There is NO way to prove whether 15%, or 20%, or 99% was correct.

WW, surrender. Further resistance is futile. The Allbuffs decision clearly goes to me. There is NO way to prove whether 15%, or 20%, or 99% was correct.

I'd say there's a 27% chance WW will indeed admit you're right and he's wrong.

4090020104001.png

Back