1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commits with offers from a top 25 team?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by walk, Jan 3, 2010.

1. walk

walk Member

Are there any commits who have an offer from a top 25 team this year?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I went with teams I remember being ranked this year at one point or another:

Legaux had offers from Mississippi, Oregon, Utah and West Virginia.
    Favors had an offer from Cincinnati.
    Crabb had offers from Arizona and Washington (ranked, I think, after they beat USC).
    Poston had offers from Arizona, Houston and Georgia Tech.

I think that's it. Munyer was offered by Nevada, which may have been ranked in the preseason. There's also been talk that Hirschman picked up a late offer from Oregon State but wasn't interested.

3. walk

walk Member

I bet that's pretty similar to Boise State's and CU's previous recruiting cycles (other than when they got Scott, et al). So I guess what I'm asking, is this year really that different compared to Hawk's other years excluding '08?

4. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

short answer not really

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's different because he hasn't been able to keep the top Colorado preps home this year. If we had Hinder, Bonnell, Martin, Spond and Jones committed it would be a very different class.

6. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty telling that we missed on every single one of the top in-state guys this year, even the ones we had an inside track on. That does not bode well for the future.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If (and it's a big IF, granted) the Buffs go out and win 8-9 games next year, there won't be any issue with keeping the in-state guys. The worst case scenario involves the Buffs going 6-6 and retaining Hawkins. That would kill in-state recruiting again next year.

8. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I would have to disagree. I think this class is definitely subpar compared to Hawk's other classes (aside from his first one that he pulled together when he was hired). I'm not saying the class sucks, but all of his other classes have had more higher rated prospects. This is expected however, due to our season.

I second Sacky's post, but not only would it kill in-state recruiting, it would kill all recruiting in my opinion.

9. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Here's all you need to look at: boisestate.rivals.com

They have 5 commits, only 1 that had any real offers whatsoever. They are way behind CU in terms of how we measure these things.

Subpar? class sucks? There's an abundance of talent out there to be coached up. Can this staff do that? We got one last year to see imo. I'm pretty confident they'll find 20+ guys that are good enough to make CU competitive again, given the coaching does their job.

10. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to the time when the 2009 and 2010 class players are all juniors and seniors. In all likelihood, we will have another "depth" class in 2011 backing them up. Then we will truly have Boise State level talent, minus all that annoying 'outstanding coaching', 'very easy schedule' and 'great offensive scheme' BS.