What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Compare and contrast......

Buffenuf

massive tool
Danny Trevathan's little faux pas with the manner in which PRich, twice, and Hendo conducted themselves on their TD runs, with the latter two holding onto the ball until well into the endzone.

Good coaching! Damn!

About halfway to the end zone Hendo seemed to have a light go off and he pulled the ball in high and tight.

It Said to me that D players were being harped on on the proper way to tote it.

He was running with it high swinging his arms as is standard when running, but you did see him make a decisions to tuck the ball carrying arm up against his chest and get the ball tight and secured. That is one of the "little things" that makes a huge difference. I hope our receivers and defenders continue to hesitate on celebrations until the ref blows the whistle and signals the TD.

Agree, but the funniest part of that was seeing Del Rio rip him a new one on national TV.......

Totally agree. I loved how our players sprinted to the endzone even when noone was near. That is how you play football. Of course once you are in the endzone a little celebration is all good, but it annoys the crap out of me when players don't sprint on every play-especially skill players.

Decker was carrying the ball carelessly last night as well. He got real lucky that went out of bounds.

Decker was carrying the ball carelessly last night as well. He got real lucky that went out of bounds.

I thought Decker played like garbage last night. He dropped about 5 passes. Then he fumbled when he made a decent play. For a guy looking for a bigger contract he didn't do himself any favors last night.

Decker was awful last night. I can't remember him having a game that bad.

Decker sucked last night. Just awful. Back to the OP, I'm not so sure it doesn't have more to do with Trevathan being a bone head than coaching. I will say I am very impressed with the conduct of our guys on the field so far, and for that you can give a lot of credit to the coaching staff. I also just think Hendo and PRich are pretty stand-up guys, though. It is real easy to root for them.

He was running with it high swinging his arms as is standard when running, but you did see him make a decisions to tuck the ball carrying arm up against his chest and get the ball tight and secured. That is one of the "little things" that makes a huge difference. I hope our receivers and defenders continue to hesitate on celebrations until the ref blows the whistle and signals the TD.

Little Things is a Hawkism that is shared by a lot of people in the sport that drives me nuts. You very rarely hear people like Peyton Manning talk about "little things" instead talking about cleaning up "details" or "fine points."

If it can cost you a game it isn't a "little thing" it is a detail and needs to be fixed. Winners show "attention to detail."

This I am seeing with the M2 coached team.

I thought Decker played like garbage last night. He dropped about 5 passes. Then he fumbled when he made a decent play. For a guy looking for a bigger contract he didn't do himself any favors last night.

There's a new token white guy possession type WR in town...Decker better step up is game if he wants to stick around.

Back