What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Concerts Returning to Folsom! (Dead and Company First)

I won't be around for this, but interested in the turnout.

I'm pretty sure that no GD spin-off band has broken 20k attendance.

Given the amount of marketing that I'm seeing for these, coupled with high ticket prices and competing shows the same weekend, I'm not overly hopeful in seeing a packed Folsom. Prove me wrong Buffs!

My son told me that the AD gets 75% of the profit. Can anyone verify that? If so, how much are we talking about?

He heard a story on the radio about why they haven't had concerts at Folsom since the 80's. They interviewed an "elderly" lady who has lived there since then. She said that after the concerts, people hit the streets and were loud and disorderly. She said she saw one neckid kid in her neighbor's yard taking a "shower" with the garden hose, haha. Stuff like that. So, we shall see how this goes over with the local yocal's. We know, for sure, there is one chick who lives near by who will bitch.

My son told me that the AD gets 75% of the profit. Can anyone verify that? If so, how much are we talking about?

He heard a story on the radio about why they haven't had concerts at Folsom since the 80's. They interviewed an "elderly" lady who has lived there since then. She said that after the concerts, people hit the streets and were loud and disorderly. She said she saw one neckid kid in her neighbor's yard taking a "shower" with the garden hose, haha. Stuff like that. So, we shall see how this goes over with the local yocal's. We know, for sure, there is one chick who lives near by who will bitch.
I think the AD charges a rental fee and probably gets some concession revenue off the deal. I highly doubt there's a percentage of profit provision in the facility contract.

And while I don't know what the rental fee is, I would expect the net revenue to the AD to be somewhere in the high six figure range. Possibly over a million. Not bad for a couple days of use.

I'm no dead fan, but I will admit I'm kinda sad I'm not checking the scene out.

I don't think that "other concerts this weekend" will have much impact. You are either a DeadHead or you're not.

I don't think that "other concerts this weekend" will have much impact. You are either a DeadHead or you're not.
Umphreys at RR is definitely causing some conflict. Source: i have friends who are choosing one over the other.

Wierd that the most comfortable seats in the Touchdown Club and drink rails over the lockerroom and the party deck are of no use with that north endzone stage configuration.

Why not play "in the round" like a SuperBowl halftime show?

My brother was a huge dead head. He flew in for this. Lots of his buddies from around the country are also coming in. Legal weed is an additional factor in this too.

My brother was a huge dead head. He flew in for this. Lots of his buddies from around the country are also coming in. Legal weed is an additional factor in this too.

No doubt this will be a convergence of unique characters seeking nostalgia for America as idealized by hippy culture.

This event seems like a decent situational setting for The Hangover franchise. I hope some enterprising filmmaker partners with the band and makes a buddy movie that chronicles a bunch of burnt out rosters from across the country getting together on their reunion pilgrimage to Boulder.

Wierd that the most comfortable seats in the Touchdown Club and drink rails over the lockerroom and the party deck are of no use with that north endzone stage configuration.

Why not play "in the round" like a SuperBowl halftime show?
More total seats in the current configuration. Also due to Folsom age, not sure the hook ups necessary for power, sound, etc. Are available in the round end.

More total seats in the current configuration. Also due to Folsom age, not sure the hook ups necessary for power, sound, etc. Are available in the round end.

No, I'm not suggesting not flipping ends.

In the round means putting the stage on the 50 yard line without a canopy. That way every seat has a view.

No, I'm not suggesting not flipping ends.

In the round means putting the stage on the 50 yard line without a canopy. That way every seat has a view.
I'm not sure how well that'd work for the audience. Half would be behind the band. You'd need a revolving stage.

kinda overcast in Boulder this weekend but people are in town. tickets are hot. lot of peeps sleeping in bushes by the creek.

samo samo.

fro dbt, i saw Yes do a revolving stage tour it was pretty good. i've seen the Dead twice and was totally bored both times. more a beatles, stones, stooges sort of guy here yo.

He's probably in a tree, quite sure he's high somewhere. Who can come up with, that was the greatest pass in the history of Western Civilization?

Bring in Snoop, he'd fit right in lol.
48182652.jpg

CU AD made some bank.

I have two good friends who are attending both shows. One is a Notre Dame alum and one Wisconsin. They paid as much for their two tickets as I do for my annual season ticket.

Thanked them for their support of CU athletics.

They should seriously look at getting something like this in every summer.

Back