1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conference Penalties

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Jun 10, 2010.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

So, I was reading the Baylor forums, and they are sourcing that it would take 9 votes to dissolve the B12, and would cost CU about $9M over 2 years.

However, I was listening to Klatt and Kreckman, and they were saying they had some lawyers who read the Big12 bylaws, and that it was simply a 50% +1 vote, so 7 votes to dissolve the conference. They agreed on the amount it would cost CU.

Anyone have any idea about this? I would think that 9 votes would be hard to pull off... but 7 is certainly reasonable (only 5 more)

2. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

The Daily Oklahoman (aka, daily bark 'n' fart) today indicated it would take 9 votes to forego the financial penalties. Not sure that's correct, but....

(consider the source)

3. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

NCAA rules are that if 50% of a conference leaves, the conference is disbanded. So 6 schools leave, no penalties is the way I interpret it. But any financial changes in the Big 12 take 9 votes, and any rule changes I believe take a majority so 7 votes, so that is where they are getting those numbers from. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I really don't give a **** what Baylor fans think.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

nice response.

Sure the lawyers are on it. Not concerned since I don't think there will be 3 teams in the Big 12 in two weeks... Probably the only one left will be, BAYLOR. haha.

change your avatar leash to a Eric Bieniemy picture.. He's going to be our new coach going to the Pac 16!!!

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

The whole regents' meeting on Tuesday was exactly this. They wanted to check out their legal options.

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We made the move, and with a lot of due diligence, so I'm not concerned with this at all.