1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conference schedule - WTF?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by HotRack, Nov 26, 2011.

1. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

So I finally took a close look at the basketball schedule now that the football season is done - and safe to say - I don't understand the conference schedule.

It was easy to understand the Big 12 schedule - home and away vs. North opponents every season then even split of away/home games (play twice each season) vs South opponents (play once each season.)

But looking at Pac 12 conference schedule - yes we do play everyone once, but our home and homes are with Utah (expected due to trying to force rivalry/travel partner) but the other home and homes are against only 2 other South teams (Arizona/ASU) but FOUR other North opponents (Cal/Stanford/Whoregon/OSU) what gives?

I would have thought that we would play more game against South Diviosn every year rather than North opponents. Not that I'm complaining - may make a boys weekend out of the March trip to OSU/Whoregon.

2. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

good question; doesn't seem to make sense

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

There are no divisions in basketball, so it's kind of random who we get only once every year. From the Arizona Daily Star:

4. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Thanks for the link, Goose. I guess except for Utah, we should never know what to expect when it comes to playing everyone else. Oh well, the Oregon roadie could be fun!

5. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

I don't remember where I saw it, but the schedule for, I believe, the full 10 year cycle was already published a while back. So if you can find that you will know exactly which teams are played home and home and which teams are played only once for each of the upcoming seasons.

6. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

As long as Utah continues to suck in Basketball we won't mind playing our geographic rival twice every year.

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I like the way you think

8. ximianKernel

ximianKernel Member