What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Tournaments Thread

Akron and Michigan survive huge scares. Mich probably still has to beat Indiana.

Hoosiers playing good team ball. I think they will handle Mich.

Don't want us to play IU in Dance, Yogi is a beast at point.

Last edited:
Anybody else think it's strange that after all the parity in the Pac 12 talk this year the better seed has won every tourney game so far?

Anybody else think it's strange that after all the parity in the Pac 12 talk this year the better seed has won every tourney game so far?

Perhaps, but it became clear in the final weeks who the top 4 were and they're still playing

Perhaps, but it became clear in the final weeks who the top 4 were and they're still playing
Agreed. CU, USC, Washington, and at a time UCLA all showed flashes, but the 4 left have been the most consistent all year. The parity in the top 4 still exists. I wouldn't be surprised by any of those 4 winning the pac12 title

Florida falls to Texas A&M, 72-66. Gators really needed to get themselves a quality win to stop their slide. This was their chance. They failed. 19-14, RPI 59. Lunardi might have them as like a 5 seed, but the rest of us recognize that Florida is in big trouble.

Florida falls to Texas A&M, 72-66. Gators really needed to get themselves a quality win to stop their slide. This was their chance. They failed. 19-14, RPI 59. Lunardi might have them as like a 5 seed, but the rest of us recognize that Florida is in big trouble.

There's just not enough meat on that bone to justify a 14-loss team making the tournament. Not like they played their conference games in the 2011 Big East.

This was a weak SEC they struggled to bank wins against.

Everyone needs to remember: the 2 best teams in the SEC are Kentucky and Texas A&M. UK lost to UCLA and aTm lost to ASU... the 10th & 11th place finishers in the Pac-12.

UConn/Cincy headed to 2OT. This is a bubble battle and it shows. You do not want to be the loser of this one on Sunday

GW blows at least a 15 point lead to St Joes and loses by 6. Just in case anyone is convinced that CU is the only team to do this, no, it happens pretty much every day. Could have used a GW win here.

Holy ****!

UConn just hit a 3/4 court 3pt shot to force a 4th OT if it was in time...

Michigan upsets Indiana. Crucial win for the Wolverines

Surprise there, although Hoosiers have not yet won that tourney. I think IU and Buffs will be glad they did not have to play several games, if ya don't win it.... Both should be a handful round one.

How do you a 17 point lead with 8 to play that's on the coach.

Coach K doesn't recruit well, isn't good at managing his bench, and his game management on timeouts & drawing up plays is horrible. He's a sh!tty coach.

Coach K doesn't recruit well, isn't good at managing his bench, and his game management on timeouts & drawing up plays is horrible. He's a sh!tty coach.

Now is not the time (it is time for beer and watching hoops) but i would like to take a substantive look at late game comeback data this year with the short clock vs the last 2-3 years. Any idea where i would start to amass that data, probably something like:
-Second half blown leads
- u10 blown leads
- u5 blown leads

Now is not the time (it is time for beer and watching hoops) but i would like to take a substantive look at late game comeback data this year with the short clock vs the last 2-3 years. Any idea where i would start to amass that data, probably something like:
-Second half blown leads
- u10 blown leads
- u5 blown leads

Wow. That would be a ton of data mining and analysis. There are thousands of D1 games a year and you'd probably need a 3- to 5-year average to make it meaningful to compare this season. I found something from years ago that looked at comebacks based on halftime leads (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/16/sports/ncaabasketball/16score.html), but it's from 2009 and Penn doesn't even have the data online anymore so they must not have kept updating. I have no idea who would have that compiled. Would be interesting to see, though.

probably a good time to bring up his players' graduation rate too

Chances look fairly high that we're going to encounter a school from the American, A10 or Big East. There are a bunch of teams from the American (Temple, Cincy, UConn) A10 (St. Joes, St. Bonnie, VCU, Dayton), Big East (Providence, Seton Hall, Butler), and yes, ACC Pittsburgh, that are all headed for that 6-11 mix that we'll be in. When you add in that USC and Oregon St are likely to be in that mix (and we obviously won't play them) there aren't a ton of others left. Texas Tech, South Carolina, Wichita State, St. Mary's, Wisconsin...perhaps Iowa or Texas if we get seeded on the lower end

Chances look fairly high that we're going to encounter a school from the American, A10 or Big East. There are a bunch of teams from the American (Temple, Cincy, UConn) A10 (St. Joes, St. Bonnie, VCU, Dayton), Big East (Providence, Seton Hall, Butler), and yes, ACC Pittsburgh, that are all headed for that 6-11 mix that we'll be in. When you add in that USC and Oregon St are likely to be in that mix (and we obviously won't play them) there aren't a ton of others left. Texas Tech, South Carolina, Wichita State, St. Mary's, Wisconsin...perhaps Iowa or Texas if we get seeded on the lower end

I think we'll end up a 7 seed and possibly even an 8/9. Either way alot of likely opponents from the conferences you list above - American, A10, Big East, and Pitt. ND is an outside possibility.

An 8/9 seed likely puts us in Brooklyn, Raleigh, or Des Moines. Otherwise it'll probably be St. Louis or Providence.

Got to think Notre Dame losing by 31 dropped them a seed line. A performance like that as a final impression has to have consequences.

Back