What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Tournaments Thread

Yea and Colorado has struggled against team with talent and athleticism this year no matter how "good" of a team they were.

At least on the road. Beat Cal, Washington and Oregon at home. You won't find more athletic teams than those squads.

At least on the road. Beat Cal, Washington and Oregon at home. You won't find more athletic teams than those squads.
Yes but cal was without Wallace and I think the most telling thing about Washington and Oregon at home is how many points we gave up. I should amend my comment, we struggle defensively against athletic teams. At home we tend to score more so we can win those.

Yea and Colorado has struggled against team with talent and athleticism this year no matter how "good" of a team they were.

Yup. We want to hopefully avoid teams like VCU. Shaka is gone, but they've got athleticism and great guard play that isn't good for us. I think a team like Cincinnati would be a much better fit

And Zona. That game is the one I am counting on us, per our potential. Zona was peaking, and we played a really solid game end to end. The Oregon win may score well with committee though.

That Hamilton kid for one, he can fill it up. Is he related to Rip Hamilton by chance?

Younger brother of Jordan Hamilton (UT, Denver Nuggets, Houston Rocekts, etc.) and Isaac Hamilton (Current UCLA guard that lit the Buffs up earlier this year). Good bball genes in that family.

The thing about Zona though is their guard play is their weakness. It's no coincidence we found success against them.

Also, in case we draw Pitt, I should mention this Pitt side is completely different from what we faced two years ago. This Pitt side doesn't play particularly good D. Much more offensive-minded than typical Pitt sides. They sorely lack a rim protector this year

Wisconsin, on paper, would be a dream matchup. They're not tall or athletic and their guards aren't anything special. They never press.They do have a knack of over achieving, though, and don't wilt down the stretch.

Now comes the question of the 1 seed. Do they give it to MSU despite Sparty's RPI being 12 and UVA's 3? I think they do, but wouldn't be remotely shocked either way

Purdue is pretty dangerous too imho.

I hear what you're saying based on today, but I wouldn't mind seeing us against any Big 10 team. I think the Big 10 sucks...in fact every year, I think the Big 10 is either overrated or sucks. Some years they make me eat crow, but I don't think they will this year. There is no other coach I respect more than Izzo, but outside of MSU, I'd love to see us go against the Big 10.

I would make MSU and Oregon 1's as UVA didn't win its regular season or tournament, but the Hoos have very good computer numbers and an excellent record against the RPI top 25/50

UVA will get a #2 in a friendly location, I suspect.

They were pretty "meh" for most of this season, but talent was never the issue. Here they are tearing through their conference tournament despite playing 4OT in their first game. I obviously don't think they'll win the national title again, but I absolutely do think it can make a difference playing a team making their first appearance in a while and "happy to be there" (like St. Bonaventure) versus a program with expectations to make a run

Two years ago UConn ended a disappointing regular season by losing to Louisville by 33, then got hot in the conference tournament and the rest was history
Lol

Back