What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Confessions of a Mad Buff Fan.

Speaking of Lincoln, while visiting a few years back my Buff-mobile managed to make a turn on the one-way street near the capital and start heading the wrong way. I make it a few hundred yards down the road until all of a sudden a flood of cars comes flying towards me headed the other (correct direction) down the 4 lane road. I had to put it in reverse and go flying backwards until I could get back to the light and start heading the correct way. To their credit, they were very generous about the drastic error

I broke up with my friend's girlfriend for him without his permission after 62-36. She said rushing the field was immature. They eventually got back together and got married after college. I was not invited to the wedding.

:lol::lol::lol: Sounds like your friend was a puss.

Burrito and I were getting beer when the fight broke out, and we missed the entire thing.

I do remember the BS facemask call though. The next day Woody's headline read "The Big East Officials Earn a Nice Bonus" or something along those lines. **** Miami.

-Until this post, I had forgotten I had attended that game. Must not have been our first beer.

My favorite picture from that game was Westbrook using his helmet like a club on one of the Miami players.

-I screamed "****! Nebraska, **** **** Nebraska!" into the intercom system of a sorority house in nebraska right before we lost 52-7.

-We (Wally & I) used the same chant on a nebraska clad guy the night before the nebraska the following year at Potters, (when we had the **** nebraska t-shirts made), it turned out it was a reporter that went "undercover" as a nebraska fan to see if CU fans were really that bad. We were.

Last edited:
-Until this post, I had forgotten I had attended that game. Must not have been our first beer.

My favorite picture from that game was Westbrook using his helmet like a club on one of the Miami players.

-I screamed "****! Nebraska, **** **** Nebraska!" into the intercom system of a sorority house in nebraska right before we lost 52-7.

-We (Wally & I) used the same chant on a nebraska clad guy the night before the nebraska the following year at Potters, (when we had the **** nebraska t-shirts made), it turned out it was a reporter that went "undercover" as a nebraska fan to see if CU fans were really that bad. We were.

But after we chanted "**** nebraska" at Potters, I shook the guy's hand (still believing he was a nebraska fan, and unaware that he was an undercover reporter) and wished him luck in the game the next day. That was written up as well. But yeah, we were pretty bad.

Also, in that loss in lincoln, we were so incredibly annoying that the list of people that hated us wasn't limited to nebraska fans. Our own contingent of CU fans, with whom we travelled to lincoln from Boulder, tried to leave us! If we hadn't been in a car--enroute to catch our RV ride back to Boulder--at the exact right moment, we wouldn't have seen our RV getting on the interstate without us. We had to chase them down on the onramp...

About two hours later my girlfriend said "you're breathing too loud!" That might have been the beginning of the end (since it drives me nuts when people use adjectives in place of adverbs).

But after we chanted "**** nebraska" at Potters, I shook the guy's hand (still believing he was a nebraska fan, and unaware that he was an undercover reporter) and wished him luck in the game the next day. That was written up as well. But yeah, we were pretty bad.

Also, in that loss in lincoln, we were so incredibly annoying that the list of people that hated us wasn't limited to nebraska fans. Our own contingent of CU fans, with whom we travelled to lincoln from Boulder, tried to leave us! If we hadn't been in a car--enroute to catch our RV ride back to Boulder--at the exact right moment, we wouldn't have seen our RV getting on the interstate without us. We had to chase them down on the onramp...

About two hours later my girlfriend said "you're breathing too loud!" That might have been the beginning of the end (since it drives me nuts when people use adjectives in place of adverbs).

1. I did not shake his hand.

2. "We" were not annoying.

3. Dorothy Mantooth is a saint and you are a loud breather. (sidebar: Wally dated a chick who wore "buffalo plaid".)

1. I did not shake his hand.

2. "We" were not annoying.

3. Dorothy Mantooth is a saint and you are a loud breather. (sidebar: Wally dated a chick who wore "buffalo plaid".)

Didn't you pee on a bouncer? The details of that story are a little fuzzy, since I had just one three consecutive fishbowl sipping competitions. I think we'd put 15 shots of something (possibly vodka--I broke two of my own rules in this event--but hey! we were in lincoln) into at least one of the fishbowls. That was the same night that that Rick character shot that giant glass (full-sized) of Jack (after three hours of continuous drinking) and declared himself the "designated driver". That was probably a mistake...

Yes, my girlfriend at the time wasn't known for her fashion. Good kid, though.

My post above is supposed to say "just won" but I'm unable to edit it.

Didn't you pee on a bouncer? The details of that story are a little fuzzy, since I had just one three consecutive fishbowl sipping competitions. I think we'd put 15 shots of something (possibly vodka--I broke two of my own rules in this event--but hey! we were in lincoln) into at least one of the fishbowls. That was the same night that that Rick character shot that giant glass (full-sized) of Jack (after three hours of continuous drinking) and declared himself the "designated driver". That was probably a mistake...

Yes, my girlfriend at the time wasn't known for her fashion. Good kid, though.

Puked, no pee. Rick, to this day pulled off the single greatest shot I've ever seen. Seriously, it was an entirely full glass of Jack, like this:

images

Puked, no pee. Rick, to this day pulled off the single greatest shot I've ever seen. Seriously, it was an entirely full glass of Jack, like this:

images

I may have peed on a bouncer then. I doubt it, maybe on the wall right next to him?

Anyway, that's exactly the glass the Rick did the shot of Jack from. When I describe it to people (and I do often) I say, "you know those blue-tinted, chipped glass Coke glasses that McDonalds used to give out...the ones that are narrow on the bottom and wide on the top...?" and they usually know what I'm talking about.

Yes, that shot was amazing! He did that shot, and my girlfriend and I looked at each other, looked back at him, and I said, "go to him..."

Westbrook took a running start and did his best Bruce Lee imitation by jumping and kicking a Miami player.....

hmm.. I was at the 52-7 game as well... worst ride home ever.... in fact I made a pact with someone that we would go to Lincoln UNTIL we won in Lincoln.... I lived up to that....

I was at PO Pears that day... and we left the game with 7 mins left.... we got beer and hot dogs thrown at us as we left.... didnt much mind because we were so fing wet from the rain.... the beer might have been warmer...

One of the reasons I bleed black and gold. One of the years we lost to Neb in the early 90's, sitting at the local sports bar in Centennial with my pops. I watched my dad berate this Nub fan and continue to tell him that he had a gun in his car and after the game he was going to shoot him! Pops graduated in 69' and made sure the black and gold is defended! Go Buffs!

One of the reasons I bleed black and gold. One of the years we lost to Neb in the early 90's, sitting at the local sports bar in Centennial with my pops. I watched my dad berate this Nub fan and continue to tell him that he had a gun in his car and after the game he was going to shoot him! Pops graduated in 69' and made sure the black and gold is defended! Go Buffs!

So did Pops follow through? Without following through, the lesson is often lost...

Never followed through but being a young teen and watching your father absolutely destroy a second rate citizen was priceless to watch as a young mind.

- I own 11 hats. 10 of them feature the CU logo. The other was a freebee from my company.

- Black and Gold are my favorite colors.

- when family members ask me what I'd like for birthdays or Christmas, I respond with a request for them to join me at a Buff game. I ask my wife not to hold buff weekends against me.

- New Years 1990 @ Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Climbed perimeter fence in buff gear with a CU flag and oranges in my pocket. "CU Over Notre Dame" . I blame the loss on the Paris PD officer who kept me from completing my mission.

- 1990 @ Lincoln: Rushed the field of the self-proclaimed greatest fans in the world. I do not recall any applause from the red hoard. I do remember grinding my shoe on the logo in the North endzone. My only regret is not actually pissing on the field.

- Had Rocky Mountain News "Miracle in Michigan" headline and picture hanging over bed.

- Left my wife to take care of our first born child two days after her birth in order to attend a road game in Norman, OK in 2002.

- I once flew into Denver at 3PM on a Thursday to catch a nationally televised night game at Folsom. I was back to at work in Dallas by 9:30A the following Friday morning.

- As of 9/3/11 I'll have added my 18th different venue to cheer on the Buffs. I recognize many, many Buffs fans can boast more. I pledge to do better in this department.

- Own autographed football with signatures of CJ, Jashon Sykes, Brian Cabral, Rodney Stewart, and others.

- I was one of the 200 or so Buff fans going to cheer in the Buffs at Baylor, at Tech, and at Okie Lite games during the HaLkins error.

- Bought season Tix to the buffs living 900 miles from Boulder, knowing I'd miss more games than I'll make...just to support Embree.

- I've read more words on Allbuffs than from William Shakespeare, William Faulkner and Tennessee Williams...combined.

Somebody once gave me a red collared shirt (it even featured a brewery), I threw it away within a month.

I ALWAYS wear CU gear at the airport.

Went to Morgantown to visit my cousin for the WVU game and refused to sleep in their guest bedroom because it had WVU gear all over.

Friend is getting married on Saturday October 22nd in Blackhawk. I have not yet accepted the invitation because I think the Oregon game will be played at prime time due to it featuring the top two PAC12 teams.

I have pissed on the welcome to Nebraska sign

Sometimes I have to drive from here to PA. I always fill up just prior to the NE border. I never pull over to eat or sleep until Iowa. Never got gas there. The only $ I've ever contributed to the entire state of Nebraska was 2 nights at Lake McConaughy (and I'm never doing that again).

Rushed the field in Waco when we lost to the damn Baylor Bears in 2003 or whenever (wearing my CU gear). Gave the fellow students **** for being to scared to tear down their own goalposts.

I want a CU golf bag, but I realize I'm too terrible a golfer to represent my school in such a negative light. Maybe once (if) I start shooting below 100, I'll get CU golf swag.

This is just like group counseling - very thearputic!
-Wore head phones during a friend's wedding where I was a groomsman so I could listen to the CU-CSU game...gave updates to the other groomsmen during the ceremony...Markeesha stopped at the goal line FTW!
-Burned a friend's kNU clothes I borrowed and had to wear to HS after I lost a bet...pi$$ed on the ashes
-Wife has CU away games in her calendar so she can plan on taking the dog somewhere the dog doesn't scared
-Wife knows to stay away from me for the rest of the weekend after a CU loss
-Got *****-faced drunk in a downtown Denver bar after the game Aldrich missed the chip shot against kNU..cried like a baby and ended up getting thrown out
-Just changed my company's website colors to black and gold...because it's GAME WEEK! GO BUFFS!

Linking up with Burrito is an important first step. He often inspires people to punch his friends.

If we do link up with him, I still won't consider myself his friend. And I believe people who are his friend, probably deserve to be punched for that reason aone.

More likely, I hang around with people who deserve to get punched.

Yeah, but they deserve that because they are with you. Maybe other reasons also, but being with you really solidifies it (I'm not sure if the last two words of this sentence would be a good transition into Wally's immodium story?).

If we do link up with him, I still won't consider myself his friend. And I believe people who are his friend, probably deserve to be punched for that reason aone.

Yeah, but they deserve that because they are with you. Maybe other reasons also, but being with you really solidifies it (I'm not sure if the last two words of this sentence would be a good transition into Wally's immodium story?).

You may be friend material, cause I know I want to punch you.

Back