What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Confessions of a Mad Buff Fan.

-I get into frequent arguments over the amount of time I spend reading allbuffs and about football in general

-I once smacked a Kansas fan in the face with my tuba because he was heckling the band and got a little too close to my gf as we walked back from the stadium. It was very satisfying. I only wish it could have been a fusker.

-After missing the band bus due to a lost cat, the gf and I drove through the night to Oklahoma City to make it in time for the first game of the Big XII basketball tournament. It was ok though because the cat eventually turned up.

-Since my freshman year, I haven't owned (or worn) a single red article of clothing. In fact, the only things we own with red on them are a few Christmas ornaments and a few books. I will not willingly purchase anything red unless its absolutely necessary.

-I'm an active Buff evangelist and try constantly to convert my Chinese lab mates to CU fans. It's an uphill battle but I've had some success.

-I was a proud member of the ONLY marching band in the country to have been awarded a game ball.

-Last year I left Denver at 3:30AM so that I could drive to Lincoln, tailgate, watch the game, and then drive back home... by myself. As I was crossing the border into Colorado from that ****hole of a state I was pulled over by a Nebraska State Trooper. He was going to give me a ticket but said "You've already been disappointed enough today, I don't want to make it worse." I didn't get out of my car and go after him and get arrested. I should have.
-Wife is making sure her schedule is rearranged such that she's out of town for CU games.
-I've made my friends stay until time expires or keep the game on during disgusting CU losses (55-10 '07 Mizzou game, 52-7 '10 Cal game, etc).
-First thing I did when my company gave me an office? Paint it Gold.

- I wore the black and gold on the CSU campus and their football players were giving me dirty looks.

- I pressured the doctor to discharge me early from the hopsital after getting a kidney transplant in 1997 to make it back to Boulder in time for my first game freshman year CSU at Boulder. I would be readmitted later that day and need 2 IV bags.

I am from Lincoln and of course labeled a traitor by all family and friends, don't care. After moving away and having kids we would send pictures to family with boys dressed in buff garb. I received a huge influx of husker kids clothes after that. After a year of receiving that crap, we sent video to all of the perpetrators of us roasting marsh mellows in the fire pit fueled of course by husker garb. No more junk mail.:thumbsup:

Yeah - the officials screwed on that one - you and Unleash had better recall on that than me. Remember Marolt running out on the field as the replay in it's rudimentary form was up on the scoreboard. I remember yelling, "Holee ****! The AD's on the field!" **** Miami and **** the Big East - I hope they both die painful NCAA deaths.

did anyone else see the 12 inch dildo someone threw at Sapp and almost hit him?

I'm in, I already warned the missus.

I am coming to OSU as well for the day if I can get home later that night or by 8 am Sunday.... I have tocome say hi and meet some of you guys.... but I am clearly a pussy and will not stand near SnowBuff and will not be friends with him....

:lol: Great stories guys. You win College.

...just by surviving, apparently.

i hereby nominate this thread for the 2011 stoudt awards...

or is it too late...

And if it's too late, how the hell can we close Stoudts before football season? Maybe we can add a football season category?

maybe you guys can get a room?

i've lost interest in this "back inna day" thing.

That makes 1. I'm always willing to be entertained.

I am coming to OSU as well for the day if I can get home later that night or by 8 am Sunday.... I have tocome say hi and meet some of you guys.... but I am clearly a pussy and will not stand near SnowBuff and will not be friends with him....
Love to meet ya, Philly!

Ouch bro. When did I Piss in your cheerios? Actually, this is good. Just don't steal my snowboard.

- I'm pretty sure it was my foot that hit my girlfriend in the nose and broke in the dog pile after the miracle in Michigan. I blamed Josh all these years. Sorry.
This is the greatest "confession" yet.

I will confess that I haven't missed a single second of a single Buff game (in person/TV/radio) since 1988. 2005 CCG almost broke the streak.

This is the greatest "confession" yet.

I will confess that I haven't missed a single second of a single Buff game (in person/TV/radio) since 1988. 2005 CCG almost broke the streak.

I have a few minor gaps in coverage, but not many. Guam in 97-to-2000 was pretty tough--the internet wasn't as available to sports back then.

In 2005 I was on float in the Persian Gulf and the CU game was tape delayed on the Armed Forces Network. I'm pretty sure it was the same week as the USC Bush Push v. Notre Dame, because I remember watching the second half of that game with the bottom part of the TV taped so I wouldn't see the CU/Texas score on the scroll (the CU game started toward the end of the USC game) and the sound turned off as well. I wasn't taking any chances.

Then I told everybody on my detachment that not only were they not allowed to tell me the score, but they weren't even allowed to know the score! I didn't want them throwing hints, or inadvertantly letting it slip. Of course, they all knew exactly what the score was and made themselves scarce during the ugly couch-throwing event that took place during the delayed broadcast.

I thought you were gonna punch rugged? Or that an Ohio state fan was gonna punch him? I'm so confused now
In the past, if you were standing near me you got punched cause you deserved it. I think an OSU fan will punch rugged whether I'm there or not. Philly might be willing to punch you to keep it in the family.

In the past, if you were standing near me you got punched cause you deserved it. I think an OSU fan will punch rugged whether I'm there or not. Philly might be willing to punch you to keep it in the family.
I bet your GF has plenty of black eyes.

Quite impressive. I am a cheap bastard and wear the the same Buff cap every day. When it is no longer presentable, I will buy a new one. Have any for sale?

lol. I love CU hats, but I am very picky. I buy one a year.... just picked up my new one on Sunday!

lol. I love CU hats, but I am very picky. I buy one a year.... just picked up my new one on Sunday!
I'm the same. I am due for another one. I have silver and white. guess its time for a gold

During football season I can't help myself...

not sure wth just happened

Attachments

• CU Hype!.jpg
    CU Hype!.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 13
  • CU Hype!.jpg
    CU Hype!.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 14
  • CU Hype!.jpg
    CU Hype!.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: