What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congrats Buff Fans

With the impending conference alignment changes and historic rivalries being ripped apart, I kinda like the idea of the CU/CSU game ongoing and the attitude of the contest. Remember Lawrence Vickers going into the end zone? Today was a little chippy too. More importantly, I enjoy football games where there are people a lot more drunk than me. For a non-conference game, why not an in state rivalry that CU should (should) beat every year? It sure beats 'don't care' games. My opinion.

62-20-2 is not a rivalry. The game in Denver has become stale and interest is evaporating ...

We all know money is the driver in this. Unfortunately the game in Denver makes more money than dropping this series than paying a low level non aq shcool to come to Boulder.
I'd like to know how ticket sales impact the payout to each school. I don't know the details, but surely the stated payouts are based on selling most/all of the tickets? If not, who is subsidising the 20,000 unsold tickets? If the contract for this fiasco doesn't include a cancellation clause based on (lack of) attendance, then CU needs a new legal staff.

"Tini" - I thought I read somewhere that your Mom had a thing for guys in wheelchairs? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Go back to ramnation with the rest of your delusional fans. Thomas is over-hyped and I wish this series would go away. Your fans are more obnoxious than husker fans.

I'd like to know how ticket sales impact the payout to each school. I don't know the details, but surely the stated payouts are based on selling most/all of the tickets? If not, who is subsidising the 20,000 unsold tickets? If the contract for this fiasco doesn't include a cancellation clause based on (lack of) attendance, then CU needs a new legal staff.

It would be interesting to know. I'm guessing corporate partners are.

Loved hearing near my car one CU student saying CSU should have won :rofl:. Yeah sure maybe if we only played 15 minutes of football.

Jesus people--notably Jimmy and CC--don't you remember this debate from a few years ago.

The general outline (and I'm sorry Jimmy, I'm going on memory here, not google, but it was a subject nearly every day in the BDC).

--Most CU fans wanted to abandon the series. And if it had to happen, we wanted it either on campus, or alternating between Folsom and Denver.

--CSU fans called us chicken****. They also talked up the big venue being good for the state and how awesome the game is at Denver.

--Bohn tried to get out of the contract, but political pressure was applied. He later admitted that there were hard feelings between CU and CSU's athletic department at the time because of this deal.

--I don't remember the numbers specifically, but I think CU was projected to make a half-million more every other year (away game year) if it was in Denver (non-factor if we alternated between Folsom and Denver), but CSU stood to make a lot more money in this arrangement.

--As CU fans we kept referring to this as "charity" because that extra half-million was because CSU has a ****** stadium, we didn't want to play the game anyway, and we never wanted to play it in Denver--especially on home years.

How can you people not remember all of this? It consumed us as a fanbase for quite some time.

And CC...really? You want to play this on campus? Jesus Christ, that's all that CU fans ever wanted. It was CSU whininess and a myopic political entity (governor or state legistature...I don't remember which) that really forced this hand. As a person you're entitled to an opinion, but as a CSU fan you DO NOT get to complain about the venue.

Back