What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congrats to Herrod

El Gringo

Something witty and clever
Club Member
The Clancy A. Herbst, Jr., Student-Athlete Achievement Award was presented to football sophomore Marquez Herrod. Given to athletes who overcome personal, academic or emotional difficulties to succeed both academically and athletically, Herrod, a psychology major, had a very challenging childhood which at one point had him placed in foster homes.

Linky

:woot::dance: Congratulations Marquez!

He's definitely someone that could serve as a great role model. I wish him the best and look forward to many accolades being collected on the field in the coming years.

One of the greatest things about this is, he had a troubled childhood and not once has he been in trouble here. Its great to know that he knows what he has to do to do well here.

Glad Herrod got the headline.
Kudos are also in order for Dusty Sprague and Patrick Williams for their academic recognition. Nice to see the positive press.

Egghead to egghead we will fight, fight, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

My wife and I serve as respite care givers for foster children, through the ChildShare program. Having seen a number of these kids and heard the (horror) stories, it completely amazes me that he has made it to where he has. This story really hits home for me and the mrs.

This may or may not be his last stop on the gridiron. Either way, he is a success story and I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do.

Great work, Marquez,

Back