1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congratulations / Line Play

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by pcbuff, Nov 18, 2013.

1. pcbuff

pcbuff Club Member Club Member

That was a very fun game to watch!! CU beat a team I would not have given them a legitimate chance against pre-season, and they looked really good doing it.

Where has that O and D line been. If they had a true breakthrough, it will make these last two games really fun to watch. A pass rush to assist our secondary is huge! Powell and Adkins behind some real run blocking was awesome.

Good job Buffs!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

You can definitely see this team is being coached well because they are improving in the little things that weren't being emphasized by the other coaching staffs

3. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

They played great, but for these next 2 games I'm scared for Sefo's life. Utah is #1 in the nation in sacks and USC is #5. :afraid:

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

So you are saying that actually doing it versus talking about doing it makes a difference?

5. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I know...its wierd

6. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Both lines played quite well. I really think Sefo his helping the OL progress some due to his patience and toughness, standing in that pocket really helps the line sustain their blocks. I also agree with most of you on this board that Sefo does need to keep the ball around the edge occasionally just to make the defense honest.

7. pcbuff

pcbuff Club Member Club Member

I can't complain about the play calling at all.

In fact I felt like for the first time it was a planned offense instead of reactionary. I liked it. I hope they keep him healthy through the next two with the foundation they laid for next season.

8. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

My only concern with the OL play is that it was against a Cal defense that is decimated by injuries. Hard for me to get too high on the results when I look at how many starters were injured. The next two defensive lines we play are very, very good. Hopefully we'll see continued improvement against the tougher competition.

9. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Cal is hammered with injures, but I think most of them are in the back seven. Their D-line is pretty intact as far as I remember, and was getting good pressure on USC a week earlier. Hopefully that is a good sign.

As for our D-line, having Samson Kofavalu back helped a lot. He played great. Seems that he, Hennington and Topou were getting a majority of the snaps, and looked pretty good. Of course that is against Cal's oline, who probably suck pretty bad.