What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congratulations Mr. Montez

The interceptions were hard, and had me thinking, "here we go again..." but he came right back and seized victory from the jaws of defeat. The resilience is more impressive than anything else.
Agreed. I think that after the 2nd interception, everyone, had that, "oh God,not again" feeling. For a freshman to pull it together and kick ass after that was unreal

Montez was amazing today. Those stats are sick...breaking school records, on the road, sorry I doubted.
He was a true warrior and kept coming back.

Last edited:
I really don't know what's more impressive - the stats he put up (as a freshman, IN Eugene, filling in for the all-time leader in every QB stat category)
OR
After those back to back INTs late in the game, "he was like **** it, I'm still winning this game." Something no CU quarterback has done in over a decade.
I had to "watch" this game on the horrible Pac-12 network Stats Live thing out here on the ship. Game ended at 0415 local...thank goodness they won!

First with 300+ with 100+. Amazing performance on the road in his 1st start.
Yeah, that's the stat I was responding to. First 300/100 but only second 200/100. You'd have thought that had been done multiple times. But when you think about the QB's we've had, it makes sense.

Pac-12 offensive player of the week?

Tremendous effort and determination on his part as well as the test of the team.

Witherspoon saved the day but Montez was awesome. How many more games are we going to see out of him like that over the next three plus years?! He has the chance to be special.

His first half was pretty much flawless. I won't lie - it surprised the hell out of me to see how poised and accurate he was.

Second half was a little rougher, but that just gave us the opportunity to see his toughness and grit.

Only one criticism - go down when they've got you wrapped up! Nothing good can come from trying to drag linebackers around.

The last time a 1st time starter came in and played like that was Darian Hagan againist Texas. Damn that was fun, Mrs. C just kept saying I cant believe you guys beat Oregon. I then went straight to the drink to much, do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars

My dad, who doesn't get the PAC 12 network, kept calling me during the game and asking me if I was sure it was Montez playing and not Sefo. He saw the Michigan game and didn't think he had it in him.

I love this kid and so glad he will be here for the next three years. He was so cool, calm and confident. Keeping the team focused after the interceptions and not folding was very impressive. Love the wheels and gives us a dimension that other big time programs have with their QBs.

Such a great day and so happy for this kid. Great leader and the team is in good hands with him at the helm.

Back