What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conservative Mike

So, conversely, you're ready to say right now we have no legitimate shot of winning against WSU, UU, OSU or AZ on the road?

Shot yes, legitimate? No. What after another loss of not learning to win makes this games next year so winnable? I would hope in year three cu could improve upon an ofer in tge pac 12.

Shot yes, legitimate? No. What after another loss of not learning to win makes this games next year so winnable? I would hope in year three cu could improve upon an ofer in tge pac 12.
You're a good egg, but that was unintelligible. I think I followed...
whiskey-pour.gif

I have to agree with slider here. While so many are trying to rationalize the decisions, you're missing the trend where we've had multiple opportunities to go for wins late (Cal, UCLA, etc.) and have gone conservative each and every time, allowing the more talented team to regain momentum and win the game. In a similar way, this defines the recruiting debate, as well. In a vacuum, I can make an argument why we should take any of our current commits, but when you step back and look at the big picture, the overall trend is concerning.

Losing margin in last 3 years:

35, 29, 11

no progress?

Record last 3 years:

1-11, 4-8, 2-10

Recruiting ranking last 3 years (plus this season so far):

36, 68, 63, 65 (currently)

So depends what you're looking for I suppose. Some areas yes, others no.

Sefo's trotting out of bounds two yards short of the first down epitomized CU's entire season. He had the first down, but he was going to have to put his shoulder down and plow through a guy to get it. Instead, he trotted out of bounds. My head just about exploded. The team NEEDED him to make a play. That was his chance and he didn't deliver.

I honestly want to meet you guys. From the looks of it on here, id probably have to go to an insane asylum just to see half of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35, 29, 11

no progress?

Half of them don't even understand a gap blitz. Just like the American voter, our fans are so out I touch it's hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLounder immediately going to the "dumb fans" card on the first day of the offseason. Classic.

Mac may have been too conservative at times; but it's hard to blame the staff for our losses.
earlier in the year we went for it on 4th and short and got stuffed more than once. I wish the d played more aggressively and blitzed more in the second half;but, it's hard to fault the coaches for trying to protect the two third string safeties.
i hate waiting for next year; but, I'm confident that many of these mistakes will be corrected. Sefo is going to be good next year and come up big when needed. Also the d will cut down on the mistakes and be much improved. It sucks to wait another year

Mac may have been too conservative at times; but it's hard to blame the staff for our losses.
earlier in the year we went for it on 4th and short and got stuffed more than once. I wish the d played more aggressively and blitzed more in the second half;but, it's hard to fault the coaches for trying to protect the two third string safeties.
i hate waiting for next year; but, I'm confident that many of these mistakes will be corrected. Sefo is going to be good next year and come up big when needed. Also the d will cut down on the mistakes and be much improved. It sucks to wait another year

thats all we can do now is wait for next year and turn the page... man that espn bottom line sure seemed to "freeze alot on the cu game "winless in conf for first time since 1898".... i think everytime oregon scored that was stuck on the bottom line....anyways mac deserves another year but its results that matter next year anything less than a 5 win season minimum and #%*^}+!!!!!

35, 29, 11

no progress?

Record last 3 years:

1-11, 4-8, 2-10

Recruiting ranking last 3 years (plus this season so far):

36, 68, 63, 65 (currently)

So depends what you're looking for I suppose. Some areas yes, others no.

can we at least assume that those #s might correlate? Hard to convince good players to come to a school that got boatraced the entire previous year.

can we at least assume that those #s might correlate? Hard to convince good players to come to a school that got boatraced the entire previous year.

Of course, but the HC is responsible for all those things not just some of them. So again, some areas we've had progress, others we definitely have not.

We had two chances to tie by goin for two but instead opted to play at a deficit all game

What in the world convinces you of this? You have to start for three years, throwing devastating picks along the way and then the light goes on in year four? Sefo hit his ceiling midway through 2013.

What in the world convinces you of this? You have to start for three years, throwing devastating picks along the way and then the light goes on in year four? Sefo hit his ceiling midway through 2013.
In Davis' defense, his post you quoted was from last season.

Back