1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy theory #2

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sackman, Mar 13, 2011.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Dan Beebe lobbied against CU in order to save face with the rest of the Texas 10. He didn't want the conference turncoat to gain any benefit from it's affiliation with the Big 12.

Honestly, I have to think something went on behind the scenes to keep CU out of the tournament. Inclusion of teams like Clemson, Michigan and Southern Cal while excluding CU defies logic. It makes no sense. There has to be something else at work here.

2. NiTownBuff

NiTownBuff Club Member Club Member

This is what I think too. The comment about "Colorado just didn't have the votes" by the A-hole in charge of the selection committee leads me to believe the Tex@ss10 lobbied against us and kept us out. They can go **** themselves.

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

He also mentioned something about "regional voices" or something like that. Coaches, etc. As soon as I heard that, alarm bells started ringing that the Mack ****ing 10 is behind this...

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This is the ONLY explanation. Seriously, what the hell?

5. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

This one I buy....I can see that political BS happening by Texas. It is a sad thing, but very possible.

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

iirc, the committee has a member that acts as a "speaker" for each of the at-large teams. This person is supposed to present the case of the team. If this practice is still in use, I have to wonder who our "voice" was.

7. sackman

And we probably couldn't expect any help from our new conference, which was doing everything it could to get USC - it's current member - selected. They were probably given a choice - CU or USC, and the Pac had to go with USC.

There needs to be an investigation. Somebody needs to be held accountable for this miscarriage of justice.

8. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

I don't even think this qualifies as a theory. I think it is an indisputable fact. Big XII is butt hurt that we are bolting, and did nothing to fight for our inclusion.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Big 12 didn't lobby for us and the Pac-10 did as it should by using all its juice to get current member USC into the tourney.

Politics, more than anything, kept CU out of the Dance.

10. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

I was told that Bohn insinuated in an interview that "politics" kept CU out of the tourney. Does anyone have a link to this interview? Bohn would know whats going better then anyone.

11. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

He did say nice things about Beebe...after July 1st, he might be able to tell us about the dirty business the B12 was involved in. Plati said that he will tell us who tipped ESPN off about CU's APR stuff the day before CU accepted the PAC-10 invite. There was also a reason Texas fought hard to keep ESPN from getting documents from last summer's conference drama. Too much stuff pointing at the Big 12-2.

12. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

This

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I also find it interesting how two Big X teams that have less than 20 wins, each with multiple losses to subpar teams and without the signature wins CU has are also in.

The committee played pure politics, but this is the NCAA, do we expect anything different.

14. DBT

I honestly believe that UNC being in hurt us. I don't think they wanted two teams from Colorado in the tournament.

15. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

16. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Please tell me that was a joke.

17. sackman

UNC did not hurt us in the least. That's crazy talk. We were screwed by Dan effing Beebe and by extension the University of effing Texas. They say hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned. Beebe is acting a whole lot like a scorned woman.

18. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

I keep reading these theories and yet no one has explained exactly how he screwed us. Do you think he stuffed the ballot box? Or perhaps he brainwashed the other committee members? We clearly got screwed, but there is no conspiracy. Just bad luck. Beebe was not even allowed in the room when big 12 teams were being discussed. I guess its easier for people to cope if they have someone to blame.

19. DBT

Wouldn't us not getting in hurt the Big XII's revenue? Unless it would have meant us getting in over Missouri I suppose.

20. DBT

Screw you people. The committee didn't want two teams from Colorado! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! :lol:

21. sackman

Again with the stuff about him not being in the room. You really think that matters? He's on the committee for chrissakes. You really don't think that had anything to do with this? How can you objectively look at what CU has done and what teams like Tennessee, USC, VCU and UAB have done and come to the conclusion that CU is the odd man out? It's impossible. It can't be done. No matter how they try to spin it, it all comes out as a line of BS.

22. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

dont ever forget where this worthless piece of **** Dan Bebee came from. He was the NCAA investigator in charge of the Southwest conference when they were covering up paying their players at A&M, Tech, OU, Baylor, Texas, Ark, TCU, and as we all know, SMU. This slimeball helped cover it up and never did anything until his hand was forced by the Dallas media.

**** Dan BeBee.

23. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Ok then how do you think he pulled it off? And why would others listen to him knowing that he has a bias against CU?

24. sackman

I don't think it took very much convincing, frankly. Look at the other members of the committee. The Wake Forest AD? You think he wants CU in the dance? There are a group of members on that committee that have a bias against CU, and the rest couldn't care less, but are more than willing to go along with whatever the others suggest. I think it's probably something as simple as "Ya know, Colorado doesn't really do much for the Big 12, why would they do anything for the NCAA tournament?"

And frankly, this is the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever. Nobody can honestly look at the teams that did get in and make a case for them instead of CU. There isn't an argument that can be made. When there are no logical explanations, what remains are illogical explanations.

25. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Ya, Beebe just told eveyone not vote for CU plus all of these other members hate us so thats why we didint get in. The same thing must have happened to Va Tech. That makes tons of sense...I think your just pissed off and are thinking irrationally and need someone to direct your anger towards to help you cope. I dont know why we didint get, but i assure you there is no NCAA conspiracy against CU.

26. DBT

Maybe the crack Denver Post staff will run an expose' outting the committee for this!

tante likes this.
  27. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

For whatever reason, the committee drastically under-rated the Big 12. Texas, ranked in the top 10 almost the entire season and coming off a trip to the conference finals... got a 4 seed. Texas A&M, ranked in the top 25 and clearly the #3 team in the Big 12... got a 7 seed. Missouri, a team that went 23-10 is an 11 seed (crazy when you look at some of the teams seeded in front of them). Kansas State, strangely, was over-seeded by getting a 5. There is no way to make sense of them being seeded 2 lines higher than Texas A&M. That one is a really weird outlier that makes no sense given the rest.

Anyway, the lack of love for the Big 12 really hurt CU. If you don't value the conference appropriately, you don't value CU going 10-9 highly enough for it to overcome a weak non-conference schedule that was devoid of marquee wins or even very many matchups with decent teams.

I think that Beebe showed himself once again to be an awful conference commissioner. He did not sell the Big 12. I can guarantee that the folks in Texas, Texas A&M and Missouri are not happy with him today. Considering that those represent the programs in the only significant Big 12 (10) media markets going forward, this is not a good day for Mr. Beebe.

28. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

lol this is funny. rep

29. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

This for sure....If anything he certainly failed along this front...Texas as a #4 seed & A&M as a #7 while KJuco is a #5 is pure absurdity

30. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

He is not suppose to be selling the big 12, thats why he is not allowed in the room when a big 12 team is being discused. Its not like all of the conferences have their commisioners on the committee to lobby for them or even represenation from an AD for that matter. The pac 10, sec, and big east have no representation on the committee at all. Committee members are meant to be objective participants in the selection proccess.