1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest: Your chance to be Hawkins, Bohn, Plati or DiStefano

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Post your best attempt at "spinning" today's performance in the voice of Hawkins, Bohn, Plati or DiStefano. Funniest one will get mad rep.

2. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

We won the 3rd quarter hands down and were a play or two away from being a competitive football team for the entire game! We're so close I know we're gonna pop it and I'm not going anywhere until we do! You can take that to the bank!

Buffnik likes this.
  3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

"Well, this one just slipped through our fingers, we are so close I can feel it. The players can feel a real sense of responsibility and I am confident that we will put it all together. This week we will pack up our lunchboxs and get our horns out and work on those little things that didn't go our way. I saw some real effort out there and our future stars like Ebner and Espy had it going."

"By the way, if we lose like this again they start getting the store brand juiceboxes."

Buffnik likes this.
  4. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

We came out flat today. Our kids are talented and we won the second half, but when you come out flat like that and dig that kind of hole for yourself it's 100% coaching. I take the blame for the loss today. It won't happen again. Next question...

Buffnik likes this.
  5. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Well, you've got to look at last year. And the year before that. It's not just about one game, it's about history and where you are. And there was a lot of improvement out there today.

A lot of good things our kids did today. You know, yeah sure it was a rough start. We just missed a few plays, a couple tackles and a block here and there. A couple tough turnovers. So yeah, geez, things got tough. But our kids hung in there. We came back with a couple touchdowns, the defense made a nice play that got us right back in there. Fighting. Competing. You could see the kids getting their horns out right there. We were just so close, a few inches from having a first down that would have set us up for a touchdown. You know, you just make a block or two there and we're right there. You just never know how close we are.

And then, you look at the end of the first half. We have a nice little drive but have to settle for a field goal. That's Tyler's first time in the two minute drill. If we have Cody in there and he gets us to the end zone, you never know how this one might have turned out. But we're committed to getting Tyler some experience there, in that situation. So, you know, sometimes you've just got to do what you do, and what happens happens.

We're gonna hang in there. We'll be back next week and we'll give it our best shot. Gosh, ya know, we'll just keep going after it. One of these days this is all gonna pop. You just gotta keep coming back, giving it a shot, taking a chance on this thing until it happens.

6. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

rep.:thumbsup:

7. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

+1 Nailed it right down to Squawk throwing Tyler under the bus.

8. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Plati: "Since 1989, CU has converted at least two third downs in the 4th quarter, of every home game. That streak continued tonight, making it 123 consecutive home 4th quarters, which happens to be the 11th longest such streak in the nation. Second in the Big XII North.

Distefano: My adminstrative assistant drafted a press release in my name earlier this week without my knowledge...

Bohn: ****ing Mid American Conference.

9. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

wow did you guys see that we were this _ close to today from popping its the lil things that keep you from being there like t.hansen with the fumble i been telling you guys were gonna get there when i dont know..TYLER wanna come up here with me and let these guys know were almost there....:rolleyes:

Buffnik likes this.
  10. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

"Today was a little rough. I thought the players had some really good practices this past week and they were ready to get to work, but things didn't go our way. Ya know, the margin for error on these kind of things is just so small and you have to capitalize and we didn't. I think if you look at our attitude throughout the game you'll see that we're almost there we never got too high and we never got too low--we're making some real progress. I'd like to read a letter if I could 'Coach Hawk, I saw the Missouri game on tv today and I was rooting for you the whole game. You look like you are having fun out there regardless of the score--and you see that same attitude in your players. I know you'll do well some day. Love, Mom'. You see guys--that's what I'm talking about--that's what we're about. It's just the margin of error is ridiculously small--I went to the math dept. and they even told me it was small, so what does that tell you--we aren't the only ones trying, but we are..."

Buffnik and 2HellNback like this.
  11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Oops. Somehow I posted this in the wrong thread. So, here is my Hawk impersonation:

"It isn't about winning, week to week, it really isn't. It's about getting better and fixing the little things. My dad was a logger. He never went to work thinkining, "I'm going to take down 10, 11 trees." Dad wanted to be the best in taking down just one tree. Clean, you know. He wanted that tree to fall just right. And we're working on the same thing. We want to have that one perfect play. Once we've done that, then we'll have two, then three perfect plays. Then it'll start. We'll just pop.

I thought the kids competed out there. I really did. Yeah, we stayed in the locker room in the first half. We really did. But we came out in that second half, and you have to give Aric some credit there for making that field goal at the end of the half, we came out and won the second half. We really did.

I'm reading this book, "The Ten Steps to Step No. Eleven" and, you know, you can't get to step number eleven, ever, unless you get through steps one through ten. And that's where we are, it really is. We are at step number, oh, say number 4. It is one step at a time. It really is."

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    Buffnik likes this.
  12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I can't give any more rep for 24 hours. Sorry guys. I'm gonna hit everyone that makes me laugh in this thread. Got through Walrus tonight.

13. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

When you look at the score, we lost, but this team has the better GPA. And with a degree from this fine institution, if our players are ever driving through Missouri they can stop by the local McDonalds and have their fries served from those MU players. So in the end, we win.

Plus, I got 3 letters from random people, who have no credentials whatsoever, and they told me how great we were doing! In your face!

14. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Winner!!! :lol:

From Mom, that is right on the money!

15. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

We won 17-3 after flushing the first 28 minutes.

16. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

DiStefano - "Our recycling team will win the national recycling championship. We were the Sierra Club preseason #1, and halfway through the season are still ranked #1 Green University in the nation. "

17. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

"Misty will you tell you guys---that was a hell of a 3rd quarter gameplan adjustment we made, there. According to Socrates you havent built true character until you've been drilled in the ass for 3 and a half years. The fourth year it'll pop. He said that ****. Ask Misty."

18. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Bohn:

Yes, we played poorly today. However Coach Hawkins will continue to recieve my unwavering support. Now onto more serious matters............................