What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cool Story on former U of A player Cory Elmore, hopes to play at Colorado or ASU

Cornh8er

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/06/...ats.html?blockID=535828&feedID=3702&gt1=39002

All Cory Elmore wants is a chance. A chance to play Division I college football. A chance to chase the dream that was snatched from him 4-1/2 years ago.

Given what he has endured, it seems obvious that he deserves it.

No question. No debate.

"I'm hoping someone from the NCAA will read this and have a soul, have a heart," he said. "It's not like I can't do anything else with my life. I'm well-educated, and I graduated from school. I'm not some stereotypical athlete who's had everything handed to him his entire life. I just love football. I'm not near ready to be done with it yet."

Football life was good in 2006. Elmore and twin brother Ricky accepted scholarships to play for the University of Arizona, redshirting their freshman seasons in anticipation of much brighter futures.

But while he was home in Simi Valley, Calif., over Christmas break, Cory, then an offensive lineman, went in for a routine check-up and doctors discovered an atrial septal defect, a congenital condition in which the wall that separates the upper heart chambers does not completely close.

Elmore had hoped to play at Arizona State or Colorado next season, but because both are Pac-12 members, he would have to sit out a year, per conference rules.

Lyla Clerry, an assistant athletic director for compliance at Arizona State, said it is highly unlikely Elmore would gain more than one year of eligibility from the NCAA based on her lengthy experience with this process. Given that unlikelihood, Arizona State and Colorado have no motivation to advocate on Elmore's behalf because that one year of eligibility would be spent sitting.

Back